• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mount Help? Q Fix / Mark 5

Danderson77808

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2020
Need some advice on scope mount. Im mounting a Mark 5HD 3.6-8x44 on a 16" 6.5 creedmoor q fix.

- I usually run ARC M10's but im thinking I need a cantilver set up for this combo?
- I like the Geissele super precision mark 5 but cant seem to find one aywhere?
- I looked at the ARC M10 QD-L but i want something more "permanent" for the rail attachment
- Ive run the Badger Ordinance in the past and had good luck? And they are reasonably priced.
- Should I be looking at a spuhr mount?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
( Im new here I hope I posted this in the right place)

The ARC M10 QD-L is "permanent". Just put the supplied allen in the thumb wheel and tighten it.

I currently use the Spuhr SP-5602 for the exact same rifle/optic setup. I'll probably sell it and buy the Badger COMM 154-352B whenever I can find one just to save a few ounces.

I also need to decide if I'm going to run a 0 or 20 moa rail. With only a 16" barrel i'm not sure what to expect when I stretch out. I don't want to limit its abilities, but i'm not sure a 20 moa is necessary with this set up?

interestingly enough the ARC mount only comes in a 0 or 25 moa option in there 35mm mount

I did some quick math. The specs are showing 100 moa / 29.1 mils elevation adjustment. So at what i'm guessing the velocity's will be i should be able to get to 1000 yards with a 0 moa rail. That way more than I need out of it lol

Both of my Fixes have long continuous rails, so there is no need to cantilever anything. Or did you get a model with a short top rail? They have a few different lengths.

I tend to use Aadmounts, but they are a little difficult to find sometimes. Their 34mm mount is a 35mm with inserts, so it works well for both tube diameters.

ILya