• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Mounting an ATN PVS7-3 to a Rhino helmet bracket.

11Bravo18Alpha

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
I have the helmet with the bracket. The ATN PVS7-3 is arriving soon. I am going to purchase a Norotos AKA2 mount. What I need to know is what attachment plate/device is on the NVGs, so I can get the correct version of the AKA2. Is it bayonette, wedge, or another? Customer service at ATN doesn't know, and its not in any of their paperwork. Thanks.

The AKA2 comes standard with both bayonet and dovetail mounts. So you should be covered regardless.

The AKA2 comes standard with both bayonet and dovetail mounts. So you should be covered regardless.
Here is a photo of the NVG from the website. Can you tell me which style this is?

Attachments

• night-vision-goggles-pvs7_photo.png
    night-vision-goggles-pvs7_photo.png
    43 KB · Views: 40
Standard USGI Rhino/Rhino II will work. AKA2 with bayonet will work.

I decided to buy a new Norotos Rhino II rather than a Norotos AKA2, which would cost more than 3 times more. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: TheHorta
Thanks, bro. This is all new technology, since I hung up my guns. The PVS7 I used was gen 1, and we thought it was great. I find that I now must "gear-up" once again, since it's only a matter of time...short time.

Hooah.

Reactions: TheHorta