• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moving from Texas to MD

killborn

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2011
Annapolis, MD
Gentleman,

Work is taking me to DC in the near future. I know, crazy to leave Texas, but it is what it is. Even though VA is more supportive to gun owners, I will most likely be buying a place in MD since I will need to be between DC and Annapolis.
I know that there are a lot of things happening up there regarding new gun laws. Don't want to turn this into a political discussion. Could use some help and information with regards to me bringing my firearms with to MD.
Do's and don'ts etc. Can I get a CHL? Are weapons and 30 round mags being grand fathered into the new laws for 1 Oct?

Appreciate any help. I do not have any Class 3 items, just the usual mix of handguns, AR's and other long guns.

Sir -

Very dynamic and depressing circumstances here. Give a call sometime if you like. 301-432-5734.

Bill

Found MDShooters, will read up some.

Bill, thanks for the offer, will take you up on that and call sometime soon.

Thanks

Also google Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. There's a lot of info available and if you're going to the Baltimore area they have their ranges at Marriotsville, MD.

Found MDShooters, will read up some.

Bill, thanks for the offer, will take you up on that and call sometime soon.

Thanks

Dang dude, hate to hear it. You couldn't pay me enough! I'd put that call to Bill higher on the list. Hope it works out for y'all.

Yep, VA was on the top of my list until I heard that I would be spending a lot of time in Annapolis.. hence MD. Thanks for the comments fellas..
Wondering what my neighbors will do if shoot on the land I am looking at buying out there.. guessing I will be screwing up someones weekend in the near future

I will mourn for you my brother, you are toast. Say that as a 25 year resident of a nearby state just as bad if not worse. But as they say misery loves company, so welcome :) I belong to a 600 yard range about 2 hours north of Baltimore, so when you get settled let me know if you want a longer distance place to practice.

Last edited:
Maryland is a divided state. Go far east and west in the state and you will find it very pro-gun, so it depends on where you're buying your land. The problem is the the population densities of three liberal counties, Baltimore, Montgomery and Prince Georges, are such that they can control the rest of the entire state if they turn out in any reasonable numbers at all on an issue. That and the state government is very left. There are some good people here though. Look up Dan Bongino when you get here. And x2 on MDshooters.com, they will have all info you need.