• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MP5 Clone? which one ??

LibertyArms

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2010
Southwest PA
im looking into a mp5 clone. I found a vulan arms clone cheap but have heard mixed things about them. Im new the type, and i can get a kit from special weapons reasonable? LOl might be a dumb question, can they be put togeather by me. Like and ar parts kit etc etc. thoughts opinions thanks

Re: MP5 Clone? which one ??

Bobcat puts out a really nice clone. Ive had Vulcan and Special Weapons and both work fine but usually need some "tweeking" to have them function reliable. Bobcat usually runs great out of the box. If you need any actual MP5 HK mags, let me know.

Save yourself a lot of pain and frustration-- get an HK94 and send it to TSC Machine for a conversion to an MP5. Mike does fantastic work and can handle all of the NFA paperwork.

do not get nothing todd baily does, no special weapons no coharie arms, i would only do vector or iron ridge or an actual hk 94, nothing runs better then a factory gun so with that said the best money is spent on the 94

thanks for the info, down fall is i have two bolt gun projects in the works, so money for a true hk is out, altough your right.

ill keep looking

How much do you want to spend? Do you want to use a Registered Drop in Sear or Registered Trigger Pack for full auto operation? Do you wish to SBR it? Do you wish to run a can on it?

If you want to spend the least and have suppressor and sear capability, buy a Coharie or Bobcat.

If money is not a problem, buy an original German HK94 and have TSC Machine or one of the other fine HK smiths give it the SBR treatment.

If you want the closest to German specs and are willing to buy enough 922R US made parts and SBR it but have NO plans to a registered sear then get the Turkish AT94P made on German tooling by the Turkish government. I recently had Lonnie at Run-N-Iron cut and 3 lug a bunch of these pistols for me. All ready for the customer to SBR and make 922R compliant if they wish.

Iron Ridge? I guess they changed the name of the gun when HK got VERY upset about them calling their build an MP5.

Don't under any circumstances buy a Hesse/Vulcan mess. It is NOT roller locked but straight blowback and is virtually guranteed to be disappointing.

Sorry for all of the questions but you have so many choices that I really need a little more info to help guide you. I have sold dozens of Coharies, a dozen or so German and I have several of the Turkish guns in stock. I have not offered the Turkish guns for sale yet as I am waiting to see the ATF's position on using 2 piece FA carriers to bypass the FA bolt carrier block that is in these guns and use them with legal registered FA sears/packs.

I will be happy to delve deeper as I understand what you want. The MP5 system is awesome and even the Coharie guns are running very well these days from my experience.

My .02,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

as long as you dont buy any thing todd baily aka special weapons aka black market parts aka aka aka then your good.

personally i would get a flat and bend it and go that rout if it where me

if you can find a bobcat, they are one of the best I have seen. I used to have a special weapons SW5, and had no problems with it at all. I wouldn't drop any dough on a 94. Way too expensive for what the gun is. Save that 5k for something worth the cash.

I would personally get an HK 94, thats what I did. Its a bit pricey at the start, but in the long run its worth it. Plus it will hold and maybe even gain you money.