• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision MP5 - IR laser setup?

I think I've seen most people use the MFI ultra low claw mount, but the B&T universal you have coming will probably work as well. The ultra low B&T really only works with the aimpoint mounts (ask me how I know). And then a standard aimpoint micro Scalarworks mount - probably absolute cowitness.

I'm looking to switch to this setup myself. Currently running the B&T low mount with a T1 but would like to get the dot up over the sight hood to declutter and allow me to shoot with nods.

The B&T Ultra Low mount wouldn't work with this: https://scalarworks.com/shop/quick-detach-mounts/leap-01/

It's a 1.9" Leap for Aimpoint. Wish they made one for the RMR that was 1.9". Would be pretty close to perfect I'd imagine

The B&T Ultra Low mount wouldn't work with this: https://scalarworks.com/shop/quick-detach-mounts/leap-01/

It's a 1.9" Leap for Aimpoint. Wish they made one for the RMR that was 1.9". Would be pretty close to perfect I'd imagine
Correct, the leap won't work with the ultra low. The clamping area is too short to work anything other than the factory Aimpoint mount, but pretty much any other claw mount would work I'd think.

The 1.57 rmr mount should actually work well. Because the stock is mounted lower on an MP5 vs an AR, the height of the optic relative to your face will be higher, if that makes any sense.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
You'll end up with something like this:

Screenshot_20201007-170340_Chrome.jpg

@SkyScrapin

Have you found a laser and mounting solution for the SP5K? I have 2 original SP89s. Braces are coming. A laser solution would be sweet.

I believe midwestindustries makes a rail for the K variant that would work. The options are limited and that's what held me back from going that route, otherwise the SP5K would have been a sweet option.

I got ahold of the dudes over a Revolutionary Roller Locks about their Rev-5. It replaces the old school look with all the modern features you would expect from a 21st century system. They're sending me the folding ACR stock adaptor today. I have a call with them this afternoon to talk about getting in on one of their kits. Being local to me doesn't hurt either.

Update...

Revolutionary Roller Locks' ACR stock and adaptor appear to put the cheek weld wayyyy over the factory irons. Not a huge prob as I will be running a higher than normal mount and a red dot, but it does present that challenge.

The factory HK and BT stuff shouldn't be a problem for factory sights, but most definitely a chin weld for anytime of red dot.

Options are a good thing. More to come.

@SkyScrapin

Have you found a laser and mounting solution for the SP5K? I have 2 original SP89s. Braces are coming. A laser solution would be sweet.
Sbr those bad boys! E forms are coming back in less than 20 days, and there are lots of great stock options.

I have tried a lot of different setups using a DBAL A3, DBAL-PL, Atpial, MAWL etc and none of them are ideal, especially if you are trying to get a white light on there as well. My biggest issue is with the switchology, you just start running out of space. And putting remote switches all over at funny angles leaves a lot of risk for light NDs. If all you want is IR and you can click it on and leave it on, then pretty much any of those will work fine.

I finally landed on the Streamlight TLR-VIR II, mostly because the momentary and constant on switch is exactly where I want it. I shoot this with my thumb over the tube and it is really easy to activate. Switching from white to IR is super easy too, which gives it a leg up on the Surefire options. It’s Illuminator does leave a lot to be desired, but I mostly shoot my MP5 within 40y at night and it does that fine.

3DE67408-537C-4039-9DF9-D72A637D3419.jpeg

Man ... the USPS sure knows how to fuck up a good time.

First off, HK Parts sends my package USPS, AND requires a signature. Now most of the carriers don't actually require a signature these days and simply sign and leave it at the door - cool; not USPS.

Second, why in the world would ANY company chose to ship something USPS. I'd gladly pay the diff to let it fly FedEx or UPS. The fact that companies are mailing shit USPS tells me they could care less about a customer instant gratification created by the monster that is Amazon. "C'mon man." - JB

So they tried to deliver it last Saturday. Cool, I was out of town and put a re-delivery note in with the USPS. The package isn't tracking anymore, and it still hasn't been delivered. Trying to think through who's going to fix this cluster fuck. If not the USPS, then HK Parts?

Frustrating... I'd happily stop wherever the package is to grab it, but it appears to have vanished in thin air.

Especially for those of us that live in States where Form 1's are a no-go...
Yea, it seems like yesterday I lived in So Cal! But not sure the Badger gun was even allowed for sale there.

ATF moving the goal post on this was not good at all even for folks like me who now have to Form 1. God Forbid we lose the House AND Senate...If that's the case, no Form 1 will help any of us!

Man ... the USPS sure knows how to fuck up a good time.

First off, HK Parts sends my package USPS, AND requires a signature. Now most of the carriers don't actually require a signature these days and simply sign and leave it at the door - cool; not USPS.

Second, why in the world would ANY company chose to ship something USPS. I'd gladly pay the diff to let it fly FedEx or UPS. The fact that companies are mailing shit USPS tells me they could care less about a customer instant gratification created by the monster that is Amazon. "C'mon man." - JB

So they tried to deliver it last Saturday. Cool, I was out of town and put a re-delivery note in with the USPS. The package isn't tracking anymore, and it still hasn't been delivered. Trying to think through who's going to fix this cluster fuck. If not the USPS, then HK Parts?

Frustrating... I'd happily stop wherever the package is to grab it, but it appears to have vanished in thin air.
That happened to me a while ago. Your best bet is to file an immediate dispute with your CC company and show them whatever evidence you have to prove you never received the package. You will get your money back and HK Parts will have to chase the USPS. It is really between the seller and the shipper not you.

I find USPS to ship faster then UPS or Fedex. Priority is almost always 2 days and its a fair price. I actually preferer USPS because I know that my package will probably get here in no time.

USPS knows how to make the highs high, and the lows low. Package showed up .... no update to tracking whatsoever, several days late. But it's here.

Booooooyah!

Needs a red-dot sight which I have the Holosun 508T X2 on order. During the interim, thinking about appropriating a Trij RMR.

Surefire XVL2 is what you seek. Run them on 1080p.

Black dark night and this thing owns 200-250 yards. Probably a bit more. It would be perfect on a MP5.

Reactions: mikefraz
Surefire XVL2 is what you seek. Run them on 1080p.

Black dark night and this thing owns 200-250 yards. Probably a bit more. It would be perfect on a MP5.

@Hootiewho

I’m into all that. Does this thing have a IR illuminator or is it IR aiming laser only?

Think I’ll go with a Form 1, slap a vert grip and run that surefire like JW has the I sight setup.

Reactions: jwramp
@Hootiewho

I’m into all that. Does this thing have a IR illuminator or is it IR aiming laser only?

Think I’ll go with a Form 1, slap a vert grip and run that surefire like JW has the I sight setup.

Where did your mp5 end up? Need some pics of this thing!

Thinking of doing the rr acr stock.

20210917_103838.jpg

• Love
Reactions: deersniper
Where did your mp5 end up? Need some pics of this thing!

Thinking of doing the rr acr stock.

View attachment 7710775

The ACR stock is about perfect for any raised optic heights for passive aiming with NVGs, but you will most likely won't work out well for your lower optic. The cheek height is much higher than the factory HK stuff.

The ACR stock is about perfect for any raised optic heights for passive aiming with NVGs, but you will most likely won't work out well for your lower optic. The cheek height is much higher than the factory HK stuff.

I tested it on my buddies with this MRO it's Gucci :). Did you end up getting the rail situation figured out? I just put the Midwest industries one on there and I dig it so far. Deciding on an Ir pointer. I got a the little Steiner tor sitting around I think but I'm looking at that surefire posted above but worried about rail space and my support hand.

20210927_115841~2.jpg

Last edited:
I dont have an MP5, but what's wrong with the Steiner CQBL-1? Haven't seen anyone mention it and I think it was designed for MP5s. I have it on a pc charger where it sits nicely.

LDI made a cocking tube insert that I have on my MP5. It is IR laser only, no illum. I’m running a vampire for the white/Ir illumination. The cocking tube laser is almost completely concealed in the cocking tube. Very slick. Not sure if anyone picked up the product line when LDI sold to Steiner.

LDI made a cocking tube insert that I have on my MP5. It is IR laser only, no illum. I’m running a vampire for the white/Ir illumination. The cocking tube laser is almost completely concealed in the cocking tube. Very slick. Not sure if anyone picked up the product line when LDI sold to Steiner.

Epic! I dig it

I tested it on my buddies with this MRO it's Gucci :). Did you end up getting the rail situation figured out? I just put the Midwest industries one on there and I dig it so far. Deciding on an Ir pointer. I got a the little Steiner tor sitting around I think but I'm looking at that surefire posted above but worried about rail space and my support hand.

View attachment 7710890

Yes, running a KAC RAS. It works great, but I'm not sure it's any better than the MWI.

My T2 is mounted on a high mount for passive aiming, and I have the steiner mounted just in front of it (not on the RAS). Once the thing gets F1'd I'll move it down to the 3o'clock on the RAS and throw an old school KAC broom handle on her.

Have not had time to do much with it yet, but it's definitely a fun little gun to plink with. I see you also like to get your suppressors hot ;)