• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA 22 BA Rifle

JM4590

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Midland,Va
Looking to get a competitive .22 LR rifle. Has anyone shot the new MPA .22? I have a 6.5x47L in one of their chassis and freakin love it! Any testing results with the .22 version?

I have almost the same gun except a Lilja barrel. Mine will shoot groups just as tight as my centerfire comp rifles, if not tighter. It's insane. I have little doubt their setup would be similar.

Looking to get a competitive .22 LR rifle. Has anyone shot the new MPA .22? I have a 6.5x47L in one of their chassis and freakin love it! Any testing results with the .22 version?

I'll let you know wednesday or Thursday. Mine just shipped. Doing ammo testing then shooting a match on Saturday with it depending on how it shoots. I'm thinking I might have the first commercial one. At least I was told i was the first person to order when I called it in.

I'll let you know wednesday or Thursday. Mine just shipped. Doing ammo testing then shooting a match on Saturday with it depending on how it shoots. I'm thinking I might have the first commercial one. At least I was told i was the first person to order when I called it in.

Do they offer any type of accuracy guarantee?

I will be eagerly awaiting your report! Thanks!

Looking forward to your review. I'm looking at an Anchutz 1416 in a manners so other than the ergonomics I'd be curious about the accuracy results.

Last edited:
Took the rifle out and shot it yesterday. From first glance the rifle looks great and feels great. The trigger is pretty good, it was weird using a single stage as all my other triggers are two stage. There is one small thing with the rifle right now that should be fixable. I wouldn't say its anything major. I'm gonna wait until I hear back from MPA before I give my final thoughts. Also would like to have a few shootings sessions under my belt with it too. Wind was a bit strong yesterday morning which made it all the more fun. Will follow up hopefully in the next week with my thoughts.

Definitely interested in hearing how these perform. The MPA products that I have seen thus far have been extremely nice!

Tag- looking forward to a full review. Planned on buying one of these over the winter.

That is a really good looking setup, looking forward to full review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you drop a round in the chamber, does it go in all the way or protrude 1/16-1/8 of an inch? IE. Does closing the bolt shove the driving band of the bullet into the lands a bit?

Anyone know how this one would compare to a Vudoo? Any benefit with going with one or the other?

Would love to hear some updates, i am debating an MPA 22BA or a vudoo right now.

thanks!

So obviously I started this thread at the end of August. Since then I have been researching the crap out of 22 rimfire rifles. I started out with a Ruger American went to CZ next on to Anshutz, then to MPA and finally Vudoo. Each one of these progressed in price. Lots of good info found on all listed makes. I was really hoping someone would put up some target results from the MPA, but as time progressed, nothing was posted. I know many are busy and don’t have the time to dick around with the internet. Also this may Indicate that not many are in use right now....in no way a slight to MPA, just an observation. It was a really tuff call for me.....in the end I went with the Vudoo.

Dont want to hijack my own thread, so will post pics and thoughts in Vudoo thread. As a final thought though I may end up putting the barreled action of the Vudoo in an MPA chassis. MPA is a TOP NOTCH company and make awesome products!

Wow - the MPA looks beautiful. Still cannot get over paying $1700 for a 22LR. Does it perform that good? What ranges have you shot it at? Did you get it for shorter range and cheaper center fire practice? This is why I am beginning to look for a precision 22.

Thanks!

So obviously I started this thread at the end of August. Since then I have been researching the crap out of 22 rimfire rifles. I started out with a Ruger American went to CZ next on to Anshutz, then to MPA and finally Vudoo. Each one of these progressed in price. Lots of good info found on all listed makes. I was really hoping someone would put up some target results from the MPA, but as time progressed, nothing was posted. I know many are busy and don’t have the time to dick around with the internet. Also this may Indicate that not many are in use right now....in no way a slight to MPA, just an observation. It was a really tuff call for me.....in the end I went with the Vudoo.

Dont want to hijack my own thread, so will post pics and thoughts in Vudoo thread. As a final thought though I may end up putting the barreled action of the Vudoo in an MPA chassis. MPA is a TOP NOTCH company and make awesome products!

Well you've seen it all then. is the Vudoo really worth the money over a cz455?
This is the pickle i'm in right now, i can be in a cz455 in an mpa chassis for around $1100.
and a vudoo in an MPA for $2660

The price difference is massive, but i have no direct experience with either of these to base my decision off of.

photo81864.jpg I do love my MPA Chassis! Shooting buddy has a Vudoo inbound. Looking forward to some friendly competition 40XB Repeater vs. Vudoo!

I've shot a CZ in a Manners. Had my Vudoo for a month or so, and love it. One of the big differences for me is grabbing a bolt that feels like my centerfire. That's great for training. Regarding the cost- subtract the number of centerfire barrels you don't have to buy- you'll feel much better.

Bought my MPA 22BA a couple of weeks ago and finally shot it on Friday. Sold a Ruger Precision Rimfire I didn't like much.

Got it for subsonic suppressed use on my small ranch, to take out varmints without upsetting neighbors. Paired it with a Hawke optic designed for subsonic 1057-fps ammo, and used CCI's new "22-Clean" coated ammo. Results at 50 yards was sub-MOA, and 2-MOA at 100 yards. Easily rang 1-foot steel discs at 200 and 250 yards using the scope's BDU setting that were marketed to map to the ammo velocity I was using.

Loved the gun ... had lots of fun ... skunks of central Oregon should be VERY afraid.

Subsonic ammo with my SC Sparrow-22 suppressor was ... impressive. On first shot, I thought I'd had a jam/misfire. Then I looked at the target and saw a hole. Just a "click" was all I could hear when I pulled the trigger.

WARNING: Got the CZ 25-round mags for it and was NOT happy with those. The first 5-to-6 rounds "nose-dive" and won't feed. Rounds 20(ish)-and-below run just fine, and the stock 10-rounds mags work flawlessly.

That's my experience. YMMV

I'll be taking my new mpa22ba out over the next week to get a couple hundred rounds down the tube then start ammo testing. I'll post a review here with group pics for reference for others

Reactions: Codiekfx400
BTW ... I kind of wish I'd gotten the version with the longer barrel. Maybe better accuracy out to (and past) 100 ... not sure.

BTW ... I kind of wish I'd gotten the version with the longer barrel. Maybe better accuracy out to (and past) 100 ... not sure.
What length did you end up going with? After much deliberation over velocity/accuracy/length benefits of barrel length I settled on a 21". Based on my research that should be a sweet spot, I hope.... Lol!

Got a great deal on one "off the shelf" that had the 16" barrel. Kind of wish I'd gone longer. You know ... you can be too short, but you can never be too long.

• Haha
Reactions: david8989