• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA / 300 Norma Magnum Bolt Action Rifle

Samuel Whittemore

in memory
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2018
    I was a couple breaths away from buying their bolt action 300 Norma Mag and then did a search and found some reviews that were no so great (bad) of their products in general... So I thought I would check here in hopes of some honest feedback before I made the buy. Be great if anyone has direct experience with that rifle in particular or if they know that MPA has stepped up their game since those reviews --if I recall they were dated 2014/15 or so. OR if there's another company... but can't really afford GA Precision or Stuteville. Yet.

MPA308BA-Type-3-Gunmetal-a.jpg

Last edited:
    I have one of their rifles from this year in 6.5 creedmoor. My other 6.5 creedmoor is a sako trg22 and I know prefer shooting my mpa. Build quality and accuracy is excellent. During break had a 10 shot group under .5 moa. I have been really impressed so far.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    Do a search (search function at top of this page) for Masterpiece Arms in Threads and you get pages of entries.

Do a search (search function at top of this page) for Masterpiece Arms in Threads and you get pages of entries.
    Ah, got it. Thank you. None on that specific rifle but the reviews look good...

Don't compare the reviews of the crappy Mac 10 clones and other fails they had to their precision rifles. It is like an entire new company, my 6.5 MPA is amazing.

I'm still working my col, plus I'm not a perfect shot, this is at 200 yd today. The numbers are 5 & 4 shot measurements, not MOA.

Attachments

• 20180715_212625.jpg
      20180715_212625.jpg
      326.3 KB · Views: 70
    Cartridge overall length.

Think the biggest complaint about MPA regarding their precision rifle division is the long waits.

Yup, a few months wait, the only quicker option is to settle for the color available with a distributor.

Got my 1st one 2012 , on my 5th one now. Shot handloads for years when there was no other options. Last reamer I used was for Nexus ammo. I don't reload for it anymore as I rather shoot than reload these days.
    Same reason to buy a Tac-ops rifle

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    Got my 1st one 2012 , on my 5th one now. Shot handloads for years when there was no other options. Last reamer I used was for Nexus ammo. I don't reload for it anymore as I rather shoot than reload these days.
    Same reason to buy a Tac-ops rifle

Good to hear --Thx. I'm just learning reloading now (.300 wm for my Savage 110 BA). But it seems to me for a few minutes of work I could get the price of .300 nm ammo down to maybe $2.50 (using premium brass) instead of $5.00 a round and with it being perfectly customized to my rifle. Which means I have more money for more gun gear.

Checked out Tac-Ops http://www.tacticaloperations.com Looks like they make great rifles. I could almost throw a stone from where I live and hit their office building in Beverly Hills. Not a great website --no prices. Which probably means I can't afford them. Althoguh makes me think I could approach them with an offer to redesign that awful website in trade for a killer rifle... ha.

Last edited:
    Reactions: b6graham