• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA Matrix vs MDT ACC

Krob95

Black Multicam Master Race
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    Hey guys, does anyone here own a MPA matrix by chance? If so, can you give me a run down on what you like and don’t like about it. Same for the guys running ACC chassis’s from MDT. MPA just released a Tikka inlet for the matrix so I am very interested in it but haven’t seen too much about those chassis’s in general to form a good opinion on them.

I've got both, and have run the matrix in 2 matches so far. I'll be doing a comparison YouTube video here shortly. But the long and short of it is, the ACC is more adaptable. I can get it both lighter and heavier than the matrix.

I really like what the matrix did with the trigger finger support. I thought it would be a gimmick but it actually works to put your finger in the same place every time.
    The new forened with the spigot is about as long as the ACC which is nice.
    It comes with MPA new adjustable mag latch but I'm not sure how well it'll work as it's just one small set screw.

On my ACC I have the folder which I really like so when I fly to matches I can use a smaller pelican or pull the bolt to clean, it's easier. I also prefer the magwell design on the ACC because it's bigger and works excellent as a barricade stop.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but if you're looking for something super versitile (especially since MPA hasn't released the matrix weight kit yet) I'd go ACC. If you love the look of the Matrix like I do it certainly is an awesome chassis as well.

I've got both, and have run the matrix in 2 matches so far. I'll be doing a comparison YouTube video here shortly. But the long and short of it is, the ACC is more adaptable. I can get it both lighter and heavier than the matrix.

I really like what the matrix did with the trigger finger support. I thought it would be a gimmick but it actually works to put your finger in the same place every time.
    It comes with MPA new adjustable mag latch but I'm not sure how well it'll work as it's just one small set screw.

On my ACC I have the folder which I really like so when I fly to matches I can use a smaller pelican or pull the bolt to clean, it's easier. I also prefer the magwell design on the ACC because it's bigger and works excellent as a barricade stop.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but if you're looking for something super versitile (especially since MPA hasn't released the matrix weight kit yet) I'd go ACC. If you love the look of the Matrix like I do it certainly is an awesome chassis as well.
    What length barrel are you running with the matrix? Can you get me an OAL with the matrix regardless that way I know if I go that route, if I need a longer case or not lol

i'd love the new MPA thumb/finger setup on an ACC, with arcalok detents on the forend

Does anyone know if the matrix is going to come out in a long action?

What length barrel are you running with the matrix? Can you get me an OAL with the matrix regardless that way I know if I go that route, if I need a longer case or not lol
    I run a 26" barrel with a 3" brake. Fits in a 1750 nicely.

Reactions: Krob95
    Does the folder on the MDT stock lock up completely tight? Is there any wiggle?

Does the folder on the MDT stock lock up completely tight? Is there any wiggle?
    I had one for a quick minute and it seemed to be just as solid as the fixed stock. There was no play in the folding joint. Unfortunately, I had to ship it back and decided to just stick with the fixed stock since it looked like the folding part that connects to the chassis took a fall and was rashed up along the edges.

I had one for a quick minute and it seemed to be just as solid as the fixed stock. There was no play in the folding joint. Unfortunately, I had to ship it back and decided to just stick with the fixed stock since it looked like the folding part that connects to the chassis took a fall and was rashed up along the edges.

Thanks!

I'd be interested in any long term use feedback, if the joint wiggles over time etc.

I supposed to shorten the length in travel it's just as easy to take the barreled action out of the chassis and store it in the Pelican/Travel case that way as well. I'm attracted to the idea of travling witout such as long case, less attention grabbing etc.

i have both, the MDT is more versatile IMHO. More adjustment .. options et

i have both, the MDT is more versatile IMHO. More adjustment .. options et

putting rial accessories aside, which allows a better shooting position? I'm drawn to the MPA Matrix because of the customization around the trigger hand and the stock. Having something that can cant and adjust for height/length in the buttstock is a big draw as well. In regards to the other bits that can be added on, I think MPA is getting those online soon anyway.

Thanks!

I'd be interested in any long term use feedback, if the joint wiggles over time etc.

I supposed to shorten the length in travel it's just as easy to take the barreled action out of the chassis and store it in the Pelican/Travel case that way as well. I'm attracted to the idea of travling witout such as long case, less attention grabbing etc.

The butt stock on the fixed is just one screw. I took it off to save space in the pelican.

Just got a matrix in. I was skeptical, but I really like it. It’s as close to a traditional stock feel as I’ve ever felt in a chassis. With a straight taper 26” barrel, it’s just over 20lbs. I think 18-22lbs is the sweet spot for current PRS type events. I’d imagine with a heavy palma you could only get it down to around 16lbs at the very least. So if you want something you can strip down super light, this probably ain’t the way to go.

Has anyone seen the individual grips for sale on the MPA website? I want to try a swept 3, but don’t see it and can’t get an answer when I call MPA.

Just got a matrix in. I was skeptical, but I really like it. It’s as close to a traditional stock feel as I’ve ever felt in a chassis. With a straight taper 26” barrel, it’s just over 20lbs. I think 18-22lbs is the sweet spot for current PRS type events. I’d imagine with a heavy palma you could only get it down to around 16lbs at the very least. So if you want something you can strip down super light, this probably ain’t the way to go.

Has anyone seen the individual grips for sale on the MPA website? I want to try a swept 3, but don’t see it and can’t get an answer when I call MPA.
    I tried calling a while back I couldn’t ever get threw either I finally emailed and they got back to me quickly. You might try Lisa [email protected] good luck

You've run the ACC for a while, what is the big difference in feel / functionality? ACC balances at 20 pounds as well.

You've run the ACC for a while, what is the big difference in feel / functionality? ACC balances at 20 pounds as well.

ACC feels like any A2 grip out there. Matrix you can change the way the grip feels via grips/trigger finger spacer. You can also run your thumb on top like a traditional stock feel.

Functionally, they both have the same idea with the forend. Flat and long with arca rail. Both have nvg rail options.

ACC has a higher and lower min/max weight available.

i did a comparison on them a little while back.

Thanks, I remember watching that a while back. From that setup and thumb grip it looks like the MDT and Matrix have the same vertical and I utilize the thumb rest on the ACC chassis right where you have the thumbrest on the matrix so I assume the feel is the same.

Thanks, I remember watching that a while back. From that setup and thumb grip it looks like the MDT and Matrix have the same vertical and I utilize the thumb rest on the ACC chassis right where you have the thumbrest on the matrix so I assume the feel is the same.
    Yea so it’ll feel similar but not exactly the same. As has been pointed out you could go vertical or swept on the Matrix and the distance to trigger is non-adjustable. I do really really like the trigger finger support tho. That to me is the most “innovative” feature.

@Covertnoob5

Life hack!!!

XLR 50 butt pad assembly bolted onto matrix.....

766919C5-4BEA-4BB5-BEE4-49CD2463D725.jpeg

Holy shit lol also, thanks to some very helpful people I was told to flip the butt pad assembly upside down and it’ll give it more height.
    You liking the Matrix more than your envy pro?

At the moment, yes. The grip I can get is a bit more natural for me. And tooless buttstock is always a plus.

Will have to see after shooting a match. But so far, this is my favorite chassis.

I'm loving the Matrix. In fact I bought a second o e for my trainer. I should try flipping the butt pad around.

I think I’m going to get the short butt stock adjustment (sold out on MPA site) and drill/tap higher holes that will line up with this larger pad I have.

Other than that, I’m liking it a lot. Will know for sure after another week or two running it.

Will have to see after shooting a match. But so far, this is my favorite chassis.

Ive been laboring over which stock or chassis to get for a 300 PRC barreled action I just had spun up. I’m a huge fan of foundation stocks but they don’t have the stock I want in long action yet which is pushing me towards a chassis. I’m looking hard at the matrix, do you have any additional thoughts after running it for a bit? Thanks

I got a Matrix in December last year and have now run it in two PRS matches and will a third, this weekend. I like it more than my BA Comp I ran for the past 3 years for a few reasons. The main one being the rear of the chassis. With the BA, I could never get a good "ride" on bags, even with the bag riders etc. My hand just didn't sit right or the bags just didn't work well back there when trying to shoot the long-range stuff in the prone. The Matrix has a much improved rear "stock" like shape that rides bags much better, still having a nice thumb-hook feature and has the built-in ability to add a weight. The other improvement is the M-lock capable front end and of course the modularity of the grips, thumb rests and finger positioner. There are a few companies that make weight kits for it now as well: Grayops, SO Custom (Altus) and MPA themselves. The fore-end is longer than the BA chassis and there are I think, 3 different NV bridges for this thing too. Also of note is that the Matrix has easier access to the action screws over the BA and more of a real trigger guard like on a Manners, so you free-recoil guys can pinch triggers again.

Ive been laboring over which stock or chassis to get for a 300 PRC barreled action I just had spun up. I’m a huge fan of foundation stocks but they don’t have the stock I want in long action yet which is pushing me towards a chassis. I’m looking hard at the matrix, do you have any additional thoughts after running it for a bit? Thanks

Ran it in a match over the weekend. I like it a lot. You can obviously customize your grip, and it’s a very slim/thin chassis. Works well for grabbing with support hand to steady on things.

I’m assuming you’ll be shooting a lot of prone with a 300prc. I don’t think you can go wrong with a matrix. Lots of options to fit it to you.

Ran it in a match over the weekend. I like it a lot. You can obviously customize your grip, and it’s a very slim/thin chassis. Works well for grabbing with support hand to steady on things.

I’m assuming you’ll be shooting a lot of prone with a 300prc. I don’t think you can go wrong with a matrix. Lots of options to fit it to you.
    My Matrix will be in Friday, I got the chassis weights to. Im looking forward to trying it out! Glad to hear its working well for you.

Want to wake this back up!!! Very interested in the Matrix!! Any more feedback???