• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA wedge lock action screws help

V

Vandy321

MPA says tighten these new wedge lock washers to 65 in/lb...then I should here them pop when I break them loose, if not, go higher, up to 75 in/lb

I'm at 75 in/lb...on new action screws, they won't lock down.

Is blue loctite the culprit? Anybody else have this issue?

Also what's up with their lug lock, they claim the larger one included is for r700 clone lugs, which have...it does nothing, bit gap leftover when publicly is cranked down...I just took it out

Between the action screws not locking and the lug lock not doing a thing, I'm a little worried this wont hold zero when bumped hard

Have tried a completely different set of action screws/wedge locks as well..same result. They never 'pop' loose like in MPAs instructions/video

What action? I bought a lug lock off of someone here specifically made for my Nucleus as the two provided by MPA didn’t fit. My wedge lock washers do pop when loosening at 65 in/lbs though.

What action? I bought a lug lock off of someone here specifically made for my Nucleus as the two provided by MPA didn’t fit. My wedge lock washers do pop when loosening at 65 in/lbs though.

Do you recall who made that larger lug lock for you?

I pulled my action screws, cleaned them and the milled area in the chassis where the wedge locks are supposed to engage.

Debating on loctite now...

Do you recall who made that larger lug lock for you?

I pulled my action screws, cleaned them and the milled area in the chassis where the wedge locks are supposed to engage.

Debating on loctite now...
StealthOwl. Not sure he still makes em but doesn’t hurt to ask.

after I loose the screw and heard the 'pop', what should I do? tighten it again or leave it there.