• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro-X Neckband

clvickers

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2010
NE FLorida
Who all here have used the Neckband Model of the Supreme Pro-X Muffs??

SupremeProXNeckband.jpg

While I sometimes wear a Ballcap I usually like to use something that has a brim all the way around like a boonie hat. Will that type of hat work with the Neckband model without issue?

While ball caps are great for keeping the sun out of your eyes, they do nothing to keep the sun off of your ears and the back of the neck which has potential of causing skin cancer. If the Neckband model will let you where a full brim hat then thats the way I would like to go.

It was pointed out to me that the muff's cover the ears when worn so they are your sun protection. I do recognize this, however I have a habit of pulling my muffs off at times while we're out practicing or sighting in, in order to deal with targets, work with scopes, etc, and will just put my hat back on until we are ready to go hot on the firing line so my pref is to be able to where a full brim hat vice just a ballcap when using the earpro.

If a full brim hat doesn't work with the Neckband model them I'll just go with the regular model and use high SPF sunscreen and a ball cap.
smile.gif

2nd question is where can I get the best deal from an "AUTHORIZED" dealer. Some of the folks that are selling the MSA Sordin EARPRO are not authorized so when you have an issue you find out that you have to send them back overseas for repair vice here in the US. I think the only color avail on US models is black thus the OD green & sand colors would have to go back to sweden for repair.

Re: MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro-X Neckband

these are more for use with a helmet

Merc308,
Your correct and I do understand that.

I'm just wondering if anyone has used these with full brimmed hats and how well they worked together. If I don't get a good feeling that its going to work, then I will most def go with the std over the top model and be done with it.

The last thing I need is to spend the $$ and not be happy.

Its a thin strap going over the top, you should not have any issues. I dont like the neckband version for one reason; in the cooler months, the band behind the neck will drag on my hood or neck gator. This causes the friction noise to be transfered into the muff, which I can then hear. Drive me nuts, YMMV.

Your comments about the authorized dealers here in the US are correct. Triad is an authorized dealer.

I got a few boxes form MSA today, and will have the inventory updated in the morning.

This offer is still good:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...007#Post1926007

I've found that a boonie just doesn't sit quite right over the neckband muffs (I have the Sordins). I prefer to roll the sides of the hat up and wear the muffs over it.

Nope, the metal frame part comes up to high and the hat sits on top of them instead of your head.

Actually, no muffs work well with a full brimmed hat. The hat never seems to get low enough on your head. Ya gotta use plugs for that.

I wear the neckband model nearly all of the time and have not noticed any issues with wearing them under a boonie hat. I typically wear them under my hats and leave them in place. The headband model would probably drive me crazy under a hat. I can see what Steve is saying, but that is not an issue for me.

I know it has been said before, but the gel cups are a must have in my opinion.

It's looking more and more like I'll be using a std set of the Muff's (W/Gel Cups) with a ballcap and Sunscreen on the neck.
smile.gif

I love my headband version sordins. I got the supreme pro x from Triad and go they're sale price. So amazed by them. Waiting for my gel ear seals, still hopefully they come in soon from triad.

I couldn't find a better deal online than Triad. Plus you get great customer service and the fact that Triad is an authorized dealer in case of a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a thin strap going over the top, you should not have any issues. I dont like the neckband version for one reason; in the cooler months, the band behind the neck will drag on my hood or neck gator. This causes the friction noise to be transfered into the muff, which I can then hear. Drive me nuts, YMMV.

Your comments about the authorized dealers here in the US are correct. Triad is an authorized dealer.

I got a few boxes form MSA today, and will have the inventory updated in the morning.

This offer is still good:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...007#Post1926007 </div></div>

Steve,

Do you have a code? They are listed as $255 on the site. I'd like a set of silicon ear rings as well, and was wondering if you got more in your shipment?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd like a set of silicon ear rings as well, and was wondering if you got more in your shipment?

</div></div>

fingers crossed
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Moore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd like a set of silicon ear rings as well, and was wondering if you got more in your shipment?

</div></div>

fingers crossed
grin.gif
</div></div>

Fingers crossed, that shit works!! 30 sets of gels came today. I will ship yours in the morning.

I ended the sale after filling backorders.

FWIW I have the neckband version and have no trouble wearing them with a boonie. I haven't tried them with a wider brim so I'm doing it now as I type and it seems fine. The hat doesn't sit down as low because of the size of the ear cups but that's to be expected.

+1 on the gel rings, they're great.

Freakin awesome to hear about the gels! Thanks Steve!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apsilon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The hat doesn't sit down as low because of the size of the ear cups but that's to be expected.
</div></div>

I should have thought about the cups keeping the hat from sitting down. A gust of wind would probably take the 4" brimmed hat right off. I guess I'll look at going with the Std model and then see about getting me one of those "Foreign Legion" ball caps that have the cloth that covers the back of the neck like this one from sungrubbgies.

LegionnaireZip-SunHat-Detail2.jpg