• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision MTM Thermal couple Pics

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
MTM thermal took these at night around the House..

thermal009.jpg

By asm1 at 2011-04-20

thermal010.jpg

By asm1 at 2011-04-20

thermal008.jpg

By asm1 at 2011-04-20

Re: MTM Thermal couple Pics

we have a firl unit at work that does not give you that good of a picture. just enough to find some one in the dark. but you get in to a lot of brush and tree and the heatsun absorbed by the vegataion will distort the images pretty bad.

Dont Know if you asking me ? I was useing a MTM Insight hand held unit,about the same size as a PVS14...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoveSPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What model Flir are you guys running? </div></div>

The first image is the reverse polarity of the next two - is there a switch to reverse the image?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first image is the reverse polarity of the next two - is there a switch to reverse the image? </div></div>

Yes, switch, black hot, white hot.

Regular<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you get the V2 or regular MTM? </div></div>

I liked the MTM. great piece to have in the kit. Doesn't work too well mounted to a j-arm though. FOV is just a little too magnified. Any mil guys out there that can try to request these I would recommend it. Better picture quality than PAS-13c and way more mobile. Also just unfair on any OP when used in conjunction with a vectronix viper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better pic quality than a pas13?????</div></div>

^ This.

The medium and heavy use a 640x480 core compared to the mtm's 320x240 interpolated core. However, the light version uses a 320 core.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better pic quality than a pas13????? </div></div>

Maybe all of ours are terrible but the MTM looks way better to me. The only imager I have used that I would prefer over the MTM is this weird SOFLAM looking thing. I think its called a CORAL? CANSOF was using them and they were wicked.