• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes MTT Sniper Student/Team needs help

Paste Eater

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2008
Fort Bragg, NC
I've been lurking around here for a while now and figured I'd throw my plea for help here since this community is pretty solid.

Does anyone in the Fort Bragg, NC area have a spotting scope that can be borrowed for a few weeks for a MTT Army Sniper course?

My team is coming from a mounted anti-tank platoon and we don't have access to spotting scopes at the company level. The Battalion level and higher have already issued out their scopes to their scout/sniper teams.

We found out about the course and got slotted a couple of days ago so time has been pretty short to get kit together and ghillies prepped for the course.

If you can help in any way PM me on here and I'll provide follow on cell phone numbers and contact information. Thanks a ton guys!

Re: MTT Sniper Student/Team needs help

Didn't expect this sort of response.

Feel free to PM me, I'll vet my credentials and make my cell phone available to you as well as my chain of command's CQ desk number or first sergeant's number if you wish.

MTT = Mobile Training Team

Paid for by the 1BCT 82nd Airborne Division, USASS sent a MTT up here for a 27 day course that started this morning.

Again, feel free to PM me and I'll supply you with enough telephone numbers and email addresses to vouch for my request.

Thanks for any and all help you can offer.

*btw, I registered here two years ago, I read, never post, clearly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just take your CLU's. </div></div>

that would go over well! haha

There is a sniper school at Bragg this month. I was supposed to be in it but my unit couldn't get their shit straight

It's not uncommon at all to get MTT teams, it's cheaper for the unit. For me to send 20 dudes to the DMR course in Benning, I would need to pay 20 TDYs. If I call the AMU up and ask for a MTT, I pay for 3 TDYs, but I have to provide equipment.

Before anyone just calls bull shit and you don't know exactly how MTTs work, give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

To the OP, I wouldn't go on-line to look for loaners. Contact companies/ other battalions that have the spotting scopes...... People are naturally suspicious of on-line stuff.

Rgr...

The MTT was pretty understanding that we couldn't field all the equipment with such short notice. We have everything sorted out now and scopes Spotting Scopes have made their way to each team.

We did end up buying a 400 dollar leupold though. Personal use really..

Anyways, thanks again guys.

If you know any team guys just run down the street and borrow one from those special guys.