• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Multicam dip for AICS skin?

michael_aos

Sergeant
Minuteman
I recently bought an AICS 2.0 short-action with OD-green skins. The dealer was out of dark-earth (caramel) skins and I figured it didn't really matter that much anyway.

Toying with the idea of having the skins "dipped" multicam. Anyone know of a place that does this?

Re: Multicam dip for AICS skin?

I don't know the benefit of having something "dipped", but 30calsniper does a wicked looking duracoat multicam. He'll be doing one of mine in it soon

I used Lakota for an AR, MCM Stock and Aimpoint. They are great people who know how to do firearms. They pay a lot of attention to detail. Be aware that the coating can and will chip. That said, I'm happy with the results...just paint flat earth if you get a big chip.

not dip but will give you an idea of what it looks like.
A couple of these have color substitutions or slight changes.

tj078.jpg

tj118.jpg
tj049-1.jpg

tj129.jpg

tj073.jpg

I had my new GAP .308 dipped - I really like how it cam out...the guys at GAP arranged it, not sure who they got to do it though

DSCF0250.jpg

I know a guy near Houston that does this. He does great work for a lot of manufactures in the firearm market.

Active Camo Products
Johnnie Glueck
281-516-3537

By simply typing one word into google you will find numerous places that specialize in this. "hydrographics" will net you endless hits in google. Give it a try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> not dip but will give you an idea of what it looks like.

tj078.jpg

</div></div>

i would seriously consider Todd's work...when i can find a camera ill throw up my skins that he just did for me...they are phenomanal paint work.

Those look awesome. Fantastic job in my opinion!! A+++

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> not dip but will give you an idea of what it looks like.

tj078.jpg

tj118.jpg
tj049-1.jpg

tj129.jpg

tj073.jpg
</div></div>
WOW!!! Great work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By simply typing one word into google you will find numerous places that specialize in this. "hydrographics" will net you endless hits in google. Give it a try. </div></div>

Right, but dipping firearms is something that a lot of places are not willing to do or not capable of doing correctly. Asking on a firearms forum seems to be an appropriate way to find good places.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Copy2oftj006.jpg
</div></div>
Thats a killer stick. J, could you shed some light on the details of that stock. Did you paint it yourself, or did it come like that. It's one of the best looking color schemes/patterns that ive ever seen. Thanks for posting it.

My 1.5 skins and riser are being dipped as we speak by Hondo over at freedomgraphix.com They do the dipping for Surgeon and others. When I get her back, this week I hope, will post up pics.

nevermind J, i see its the mcs-t with the 4-color flectarn.

http://www.vcfinishes.com/id61.html

They will do Multicam, I bumped into the owner the other day. I have a set of AI skins in the MARPAT dip, and they are excellant.

Multicam is not listed, but call in, tell them that Nick Painter sent you, and he will take care of you, his name is Mike.

Nick