• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle brake on a sendero

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
Cant find a 5 r in 300 WM so looking at at the Sendero II SF. Is there enough room past the flutes to install a muzzle brake? It will be sitting in a AICS Chassis 2.0.

yzu9e8u4.jpg

I had mine done by Williams gunsight in Davidson mi. They blend to match. Just make sure you specify your thread if it matters as I have several different brakes by a couple of gunsmiths and they seem to put whatever they want.

I have 3 Sendero II's that I load for and built for friends, all in 300 RUM and all three have the Vais brakes on them with plenty of room. They are all 3/4 moa guns ;) In fact I have a brand new, stock Sendero II in 300 RUM that I bought about 6 months ago that I had contemplated on selling but they way they shoot it's been hard to let go of it.
Anyhow, answering your question, yes there is plenty of room!

Go with a Badger Thruster if you want a cheap but VERY EFFECTIVE brake. Have had 3 on various .300 win mags. 2 on factory bbls and one on a custom rig with a broughton 5c. I had SHREWD brakes on them at the insistence of my gunsmith but with that radial type brake I was eating dust EVERYTIME I would shoot prone. Got sick of it and put the Thrusters on and MUCH less recoil and a cleaner rifle :) I've actually got a nib Thruster if your interested.

You guys are going to think me a bit crazy but I want to put a Claymore compensator on it, I know its not as effective as my badger thruster but it sends the noise down range nicely and is half as effective as the thruster in recoil, I grind the pointy spikes off.

You guys are going to think me a bit crazy but I want to put a Claymore compensator on it, I know its not as effective as my badger thruster but it sends the noise down range nicely and is half as effective as the thruster in recoil, I grind the pointy spikes off.

Hell, noise , I COMPLETELY understand. Made the mistake of getting in a hurry to shoot a doe while hunting in a shooting house. Forgot my earplugs. OUCH... That's all I have to say about that. Do whatever you think will SUIT YOU

Yes there should be plenty of space. Here is mine Sendero SF II 300WM with a Badger Ordnance FTE Brake. Also you will like how this rifle shoots. Well mine shoots damn fine anyways. I consistently get .5 moa with 220gr SMK over H1000 in Win case and Fed 215M primer.