• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

muzzle brakes clamp on

scotty615

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2014
victoria australia
Roedale Precision WebShop

251_0.JPG

anyone tried one of theses ??? just ordered one for my hot 300winny to tam recoil and hopefully watch rounds impact at 1000

rifle rem 700 xcr longrange

kahles k624i

Last edited:
I honestly don't like clamp on. They come loose and can lead to a bad day. Just my opinion

For the price its hard to justify, you could get your barrel threaded and a brake installed for less.

I have a Kahntrol on my R700 Varmint. It's a BEEFY 6 bolt clamp, so as long as you ocasionally maintain the correct torque you won't have any problems. I specifically bucked the trend and bought a clamp on simply for the fact many club level competitions do not allow brakes. So if this situation arises, simple unclamp the brake and i'm good to go. I can certainly understand the "fly off" concerns by other members, but thus far after about 300 rounds, no slippage. The Kahntrol did an awesome job at minimizing my recoil, about cut it in half. Very happy. Here's a pic :

thats what im hoping to hear seeing as tho mines on the way already ;) lol

I have a Kahntrol on my R700 Varmint. It's a BEEFY 6 bolt clamp, so as long as you ocasionally maintain the correct torque you won't have any problems. I specifically bucked the trend and bought a clamp on simply for the fact many club level competitions do not allow brakes. So if this situation arises, simple unclamp the brake and i'm good to go. I can certainly understand the "fly off" concerns by other members, but thus far after about 300 rounds, no slippage. The Kahntrol did an awesome job at minimizing my recoil, about cut it in half. Very happy. Here's a pic :

Replied to a similar tread a few days ago. I actually had a Roedale brake on my Tikka Varmint in 260 Rem. I liked it a lot and it never got loose.

But I sold it when I got my supressor. The brake is of high quality, but I had to wait for awhile for it to arrive.

posting update!! installed the brake ...perfectly snug fit to the barrel just pressed it on with my palm and a little bit of elbow grease! checked it for level nipped it up and took her out for a shot! amazing quality cearakote black!...

my rem 700 xcr long range 300win shooting 230gr bergers now feels like shooting my browning x bolt 243 95 gr bergers (didnt shoot them side by side) but i shot the 243 last weekend and honestly cant tell a difference from last week to this week could shoot all day and can stay on target now shooting the big 300 jumping around on me ...after the 40th odd round checked the bolts and cant see any sign of them loosening! and my groups if anything may have tightened up but thats just a guess as im still trying to get these damn 230gr bergers to shoot tight groups!!!

Shot a .300 ultra the other day a few time before a clamp on brake and a couple times with the Witt Clamp on installed. My buddy wanted to show me the difference between the two and holy cow is there a difference! Not only was I impressed with how fast he installed it, but I was amazed with the amount of recoil and barrel rise that it eliminated. I have never been a big fan of clamp on brakes, but I have officially changed my mind. There was no signs of it slipping off or influencing accuracy in any way. I am a happy camper and very impressed.

-Matt

I have an older (pre-threaded barrel) 700 5R .308 and I installed a big rectangular 6 bolt clamp on brake from Muzzle Brakes by Kahntrol Solutions | No Gunsmithing Muzzle Brakes, Clamp On or Threaded I was also skeptical at the clamp on installation at first but I checked the torque on the bolts after the first 20 and then next 100 rounds and 1200+ rounds later it hasn't thought about moving or coming off. This is the only brake I've ever owned so I can't compare it to any others but the before/after difference is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a clamp on brake to anyone.

I have the Roedale myself. Keep it torqued and it will be fine. It does well for what its intended to do.