• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MVNO

Crews

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 11, 2017
    Hallsville, Tx
    After decades of expensing my cell phone bills and not caring about how much it costs, I am being forced to start paying my own damned cell phone bills.

There are a mind-numbing number of MVNOs out there, and I am not tech savvy enough to understand all the stuff about deprioritizing, data throttling, etc.

I’m happy with Verizon network for my location. Use 8GB or less every month. Anyone have any advice on the best MVNO to go with? I just don’t want to make this switch and have a phone that doesn’t work as well as it does now.

My wife is already telling me I’m a fool for trying to save some money.

If you like Verizon you might want to look at

I have been using MVNOs for 10 years at least. For the last 5 or so of those years I have been with Red Pocket GSMA which uses ATT towers. I think I pay $200 a year for 8gb a month, paid annually of course.

They have a verizon plan too, but with lower data than you may need

I don't care about being deprioritized for data, I don't watch videos on my phone. I use my phone for the basic stuff, voice/text/email/lookup something I need online basic navigation apps and ballistics apps

If you are a heavy phone user that is on the phone for constant entertainment and watching cat videos, MVNO might not be the best path for you, depends on your use and location. (Visible has a premium data plan that might address that)

IMO any MVNO that was tied to T Mobile was the worst, but I admittedly haven't tested any of those again since 5 years ago.

I had Mint Mobile for a while, but switched to Visible recently. It's a flat 25 bucks a month and is "unlimited talk/text/data" and includes 5g coverage - which for me doesn't mean much because I don't use my phone much, it pretty much sits on my desk like a land line. Visible is Verizon, so same Verizon towers etc - your Verizon phone will work.

I use Google Fi. (yes I know, I hate google too)

Use's 3 carrier (now two since the Sprint-TMo merge) networks. I have reception everywhere. Even very rural places. Very cheap. 3 devices plus a data only sim for a second phone is only $145 for unlimited 5G data and I think 60gb or some odd for hotspot.

Many of the MVNOs have absolutely garbage customer service. I have had tons of issues activating phones on MVNOs.

Reactions: Yasherka
    `I just switched to US Cellular and couldnt be happier. I've got an unlimited plan for $30 plus taxes and b/s charges, but applied for the ACP or APC which kicks back $30 per month for seniors, si I'm paying a few $$$ per month.

I had Mint Mobile for a while, but switched to Visible recently. It's a flat 25 bucks a month and is "unlimited talk/text/data" and includes 5g coverage - which for me doesn't mean much because I don't use my phone much, it pretty much sits on my desk like a land line. Visible is Verizon, so same Verizon towers etc - your Verizon phone will work.

What didn’t you like about Mint? I was thinking of giving them a try.

I have Google-Fi also (and yes, I hate Google as well). What tipped it for me was the unlimited hotspot tethering. I am on the road a lot and need to use Fusion 360. Gotta have a connection for that.

Also being able to tether my two boys tablets on the road is a nice plus

What didn’t you like about Mint? I was thinking of giving them a try.
    Wasn't really that I didn't like Mint, just Visible has a better deal - Visible is 25/mo unlimited, Mint is 40/mo unlimited. You can get mint down to 30/mo, but that's prepay a year.

Reactions: Sum Ting Wong
    Hello sniper hide?…. How do you guys not know about Patriot mobile? It Is the only cell company you should be dealing with as they have the same values as us

Our Story​

Patriot Mobile is America’s ONLY Christian conservative wireless provider. Since 2013, Patriot Mobile has given Americans a conservative alternative for their cell service by providing dependable nationwide coverage on 4G or 5G networks and exceptional U.S.-based customer support. Patriot Mobile gives a portion of every dollar earned to support organizations that align with our Four Pillars of Giving:
    • First Amendment
    • Second Amendment
    • Sanctity of Life
    • Military, Veterans, and First Responder Heroes

BTW what is MVNO

Last edited: