• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my 3 year olds 22 and her day at the shooting spot

shootindude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
in the back country of Oregon
Well i figured it was finally time for my daughter to learn to shoot. She just turned 3 in september and she has had a 22 cricket for a long time now (since she was almost born) She has been asking me to go shoot it everyday for the past 2 weeks so we decided to. the only thing she didnt like was that her ear plugs werent comfortable so were going to get ear muffs this week lol. Here is a pic of me and her shooting her 22, and a quick video of her learning how to size cases for my 300 wsm with me. I love having a 3 year old reloading buddy
smile.gif

Learning to reload

IMAG0212jj.jpg

Re: my 3 year olds 22 and her day at the shooting spot

awesome,I love children myself and getting them involved in positive sports

That is so cute, loved the video. Can't wait until my niece is old enough to start helping me.

That video is cute. My little girl helps me reload as well and we have the process down pretty well. My wife thought her helping me reload was cute until she started asking to go hunt with daddy. Little does my wife know that I have already started the process of building the kiddo a custom 10 22. bua ha ha ha.

Cherish every moment they grow up fast mine just turn 14 and 18. Might not be that old but seems like yesterday I was holding them for the first time. Love my Babies but not babies anymore. They still love to shot, started mine off young too.

Wow that is so cool! I have a daughter the same age. Definitely going to order a pink cricket for her.Tried the reloading help but my cases keep disappearing found one in the dolls house LOL
Thanks for the great video

cherish these time OP. i still remember taking my daughter shooting for the first time like it was just yesterday. she turned 22 this year....the time, it flies by so fast

This is wicked! wish i could have gotten into shooting when i was 3!

My daughter turns three at the end of December.
I think you post may have convinced me to get her a cricket for her birthday.
She's already been a big help reloading.

Getting a suppressor and subsonic ammo makes it so much more pleasant for kids. Also, without the ear plugs and muffs it is easier to talk and teach.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting a suppressor and subsonic ammo makes it so much more pleasant for kids. Also, without the ear plugs and muffs it is easier to talk and teach.
</div></div>
I have heard the same thing.
Fortunately, I have that covered...
wink.gif

Awesome! Good for you!

Man, I have a 5 and 3 yr old boys. This make me want to take them out for their first round of .22s. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome! My 5yo and I go out to the range with his Cricket at least twice a month. He loves it! I just ordered a Savage MK II FV-SR so we can shoot it with my .22 suppressor.

Better watchout, pretty soon she will be wanting a 2,000 dollar custom rifle and 2,000 dollar scope to match..... just make sure it is in pink.

My 6yr old daughter and her little brother 3yr old, love to go into the gun room with me. Just got finished sizing up a Stevens 15A single shot rifle for them. There both excited to go shooting with dad and grampa this summer. Can't wait.

Cool to see you getting her into it!!!, My daughter loves going shooting, she is very upset when i don't take her with me... (to cold the last few times)

This is what its all about. I got a good laugh when you asked her if she wanted to do another one, and she grabbed all three at one time..

If you thread the Crikett and put a can on it you don't have to worry about the earmuffs. It's really hard to get a tiny kid to shoot right with bug muffs. Buy an extra stock and chop if too. That's what I did for my son since he is small also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTG 1977</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Little does my wife know that I have already started the process of building the kiddo a custom 10 22. bua ha ha ha. </div></div>

Same here!!! Only difference...my son isnt even born yet! Due Dec 9th...guess what his first Christmas present is?!

Congrats on getting the little one in to shooting, I hope mine takes to liking time spent at the range!!

My (soon to be) 5 year old doesn't know it yet, but he is getting a Cricket for Christmas. It is hiding in the safe. My (soon to be) 4 year old will be getting a bow.