• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My .308s at 300 yards

My Billy Beroo go to rifle will put them all in the black from shot 1, but perhaps if this new one and I get more intimate it could reach its potential.

First shots were falling low.

I had to go 1.6E/.1R and started grouping. @Nik H will say that is way too much E for 175FGMM and I agree. I will have to check my 100 yard zero.

View attachment 8298672

View attachment 8298674

12 shots are within a 1.5 inch ring….

View attachment 8298673
Something is up for sure....earlier your Kestrel showed 1.58 mils. What MV are you using?

Something is up for sure....earlier your Kestrel showed 1.58 mils. What MV are you using?
2495 with 175 FGMM and about 40 rds on the barrel.

Things may have “settled” in after 200 rds but I’d be expecting less E need than more.

Is “my barrel speeded up” a real thing?

Look at you, rocking a gain twist bbl!
I should have tried new variables slowly, one at a time but I decided to jump in the deep end.

The left hand aspect is pretty straightforward. No mystery there you just spin the bullet in the opposite direction and it just puts the odds in your favor. Not a miracle solution.

I also wanted to try a fast twist .308.

Where I got screwy was throwing in gain twist on that.

I don’t have the money to try one variable at a time so it was an all or nothing thing.

I posted a thread in Gunsmithing on it calling Frank Green in to comment.

Wonder what his experience was with .308 with less than a traditional 11 or 10 twist.

This one is 9.25:1 GT to 8.75:1

2495 with 175 FGMM and about 40 rds on the barrel.

Things may have “settled” in after 200 rds but I’d be expecting less E need than more.

Is “my barrel speeded up” a real thing?
I use 2625 for an MV but it is estimated just based on true DOPE

I use 2625 for an MV but it is estimated just based on true DOPE
At 750 yards I was using 6.4E/.1L to bang steel.

How does that work for “truing”?

Guessing I could check the range card in my Kestrel and if I correct 750 to that E/W it will correct the whole card?

At 750 yards I was using 6.4E/.1L to bang steel.

How does that work for “truing”?

Guessing I could check the range card in my Kestrel and if I correct 750 to that E/W it will correct the whole card?
I true to measured DOPE using MV adjustments up to 600 yards. After 600 yards, I adjust BC until predicted matches true DOPE at those distances. It is an iterative process. After you true the longer range by adjusting BC, the closer in may require another slight MV adjustment. It will take a couple of passes to get the predicted to match the true DOPE from 100 to 1000 yards.

Works pretty well

FFS! Is this shit ever going to end?

Need to give the M40 a chance to recover from my math mistakes….

image.jpg

Stress!

But twenty rounds down range.

I had to hold my 2 mil under dot (this rifle is zeroed at 2 under) so that I had the slightest bit of orange showing at 1700 on the 2 mil dot.

9X and thick stadia made it tough.

This rifle is setup for plates not 4 inch circles.

What I think I see through the spotter.

image.jpg

Reactions: AMAC79