• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 5R got a makeover

flounderv2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Decided to paint my 5R..

Original.
IMG_6144.jpg

After..
IMG_6382.jpg

IMG_6380.jpg

Im waiting on a new scope which will also get painted once it arrives.
So what do you guys think? .. I still need to re-install the trigger and bottom metal tomorrow and once I do, I will post another pic of it re-assembled.

Re: My 5R got a makeover

Good looking rifle. Is that the Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50 tactical md? How do you like it so far? How are the crosshairs in the milldot, thin, suitable for target shooting?

The paint job looks realy good....did you use a template to paint the stock? How are you gonna paint the scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3wide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking rifle. Is that the Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50 tactical md? How do you like it so far? How are the crosshairs in the milldot, thin, suitable for target shooting? </div></div>

Its a 4200 Tactical 6x24x50. Its a good scope but it doesnt have as much elevation adjustment as I would like. I actually have a new scope on order and will most likely use this one on my AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAZ_0157</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The paint job looks realy good....did you use a template to paint the stock? How are you gonna paint the scope?
</div></div>

Once my new scope arrives, Im going to put it in the rings and paint it the same way as I did the stock and barrel which was hanging from a cord in my basement.

I didnt use a template.. I just hit it with paint, then taped over that spot and cut out the design then hit another spot and repeated the process.

Great paint job. Can't wait to see the matching scope when your done.

Well, She's all back together.. I need to figure out something to do with the bolt.. I painted it but its so tight that it was scraping off the paint during bolt manipulation so I removed the paint until I can figure something out.

IMG_6383.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flounder, Looking good! What is the new scope you have on the way? </div></div>

Im gonna give the new Millet LRS-1 Tactical (6-25x56) a try.. It wont be out for another month but it has Illuminated retical and claimed 140 MOA elevation. I ordered it about a month ago so at least Im on the list when they finally arrive.

I really wanted a NXS but I just dont have the money for one. Maybe some day I will be able to afford one but until then, I will have to make due with what I can. As long as the glass is decent and it tracks good, I wont complain..

that looks good flounder....glad you finally did it. what did you use for paint?

Actually I just used the Krylon camo series of paint. Thanks for the compliments everyone.