• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report My 9 year olds 1st group.

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
shaneshooting020.jpg

Here's Shane working on his first 5 shot group with dad's 6XC.

He may end up testing loads for me!!!

Re: My 9 year olds 1st group.

shaneshooting021.jpg

How is that!?.......I think he is hooked.

In March of 2010 Shane and I are going to New Zealand to hunt Red Stags...there is no age limit for youth hunters there.

Looks like you got him started.

Carefull, you'll spoil him with a youth hunt like that!
grin.gif

Thanks! Shane and his little brother Logan(7) have been on a lot of hunts with mom and dad. They are both ready and able right now....unfortunatly in Montana the minimum age to hunt big game is 12 years old.

Here they are with one of moms antelope a few years back.

scan0041-1.jpg

can i borrow him for a couple days to do some load development for me? Ill feed him good and make sure he is in bed by 8. JK great shooting and congrats to a proud as hell dad im sure. Good to see he is enoying it and good at it to

it's fun to watch youngsters shoot...i teach 4-h shooting sports so i get to see it alot. seems like they can do things like shoot great groups because they don't have the mental handicap we do as adults and get all wrapped up in the dumb shit. they just drop down behind the gun and what happens...happens. good on you man!

My 10 Y/O daughter goes shooting with me quite a bit . My buddy has a few suppressed .22's and a range out the back door of his shop . We work on guns and BS while she quietly works her way through a .30 cal ammo can of .22LR
wink.gif

"Uncle Jim" introduced her to match grade ammo when I started giving her a nickel for every bullseye and its starting to cost me dearly . Thankfully she found the mini-bike parked in the back corner of his shop and pestered him to teach her how to ride it so she can split time between the rifle and the dirtbike and it saves me a couple bucks
laugh.gif

Doesn't it make you all warm & fuzzy inside to see your kids hooked? I have a 9 year old son & 7 year old daughter that have been engrossed with benchrest for a couple years now. Hope the hunt goes well!!

*high five* from me to the little man, good work!

Do you have squirrels in Montana? I saw some trees in the one picture...great practice for kids and adults.
smile.gif

Not too many tree squirrels but we have a glut of ground squirrels as well as mass supplys of prairie dogs, cottontail rabbits and snoeshoe hares....lots of critters to plink at here in Montana.

SM, Whats is the age limit for kids to hunt big game in Wyoming?

Thanks! I'm looking for places to take my boys hunting...they are ready and able. Its too bad they have to wait so long. I went to a Fish & Game meeting here a year or two ago and the main topic was new hunter recruitment...I suggested lowering the age limit. Notes were taken but nothing became of it. In my opinion the sooner kids are able to get out there and hunt the less time they will spend in front of a TV set or playing a vidio game.(really piss poor child care!) The best memories from my youth was out hunting with my dad and uncles...it was what I lived for. I can remember having to wait until I was 12 also...seemed like it took forever.

What are the age limits for other states?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
shaneshooting021.jpg

In March of 2010 Shane and I are going to New Zealand to hunt Red Stags...there is no age limit for youth hunters there. </div></div>

That's impressive! I'm hoping that my daughter's will be into shooting like their daddy is. My oldest is 4 1/2 right now, and she's getting a Pink Cricket for her birthday in January. My wife isn't really for it, but I really want to introduce firearm safety early in their lives since I have firearms in the house. My daughter already has an understanding that she is not to touch my firearms, and if you ask her what to do when she encounters one, she'll tell you that she is to NOT touch it, and to get an adult.

There's a small part of me that feels that firearms safety should be something that is taught in school at a young age, however schools tend to screw up things that have heavy political swings to them. So I don't think that's a good idea because all it takes is one anti-gun teacher to tell all the kids that your bad person if you own firearms.

Hopefully here in another few months I can post a group from my daughters first shooting experience!

Branden

boysshooting002.jpg

Little brother,Logan(7) getting in on the action...he likes my Surgeon .308 the best. He just broke the trigger.

The law in ireland is a little unclear... We operate on the policy of SUPERVISION of children under the age to qualify for a youth permit which is 16 here....

I brought my eldest to the range 2 years ago when he was 8 and gave him my .22lr brno to use....and he shot a 1 inch group.. produest day of my life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
shaneshooting021.jpg

In March of 2010 Shane and I are going to New Zealand to hunt Red Stags...there is no age limit for youth hunters there. </div></div>
Looks good, keep'm squeezin! Loved going to the range with dad when i was lil. Never forget the day he told me get ammo for whatever ya want to shoot. The huge pile dwindled down when he told me i had to clean whatever we shot.

Wow, that's good shooting on his part. That goat has some messed up horns....hooks pointing backwards and shovels that are swept up tall....I don't know, maybe they just look weird in the picture. Either way, you have a good looking family there that obvisiously shares the same passions as you. Good to go!

I'm supprised WYGF hasn't lowered the age to 7 in the name of selling more tags.Which is why they lowered it from 14 to 12.