• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My arken 6-24 just got here

@lowlight does the reticle have .25 mil marks in person like the pics? Between each mil mark there are only 3 marks so it's not .2, .4, .6, .8 as in others but .25, .5, .75. Odd for mils. If so that is something they need to change also with that reticle as well as the upper portion. Other than that it looks good.

Reactions: supercorndogs
I had the SH4 scope for about a week. I didnt mind the reticle, but the scope would white out at max power. It might have been a defect, so I sent it back for a refund.
I will say this about the company, I ordered it late Friday night, they shipped it out on a Saturday morning and were great to deal with. I can only hope my scope was just a diamond in the rough. I wouldnt mind looking at them again in the future.

A full power reticle image by my crappy iPhone 6, dusk of a rainy WA day. I was completely wrong about the glass. It is just impressive. Very bright and clear, CA is barely visible ( photo shows more than you see through it) and really good resolution. Will skip the spoken comparison with razor g2 but I have my opinion. Parallax is actually turnable with one hand in position so I am good. Mag ring is now really stiff and I think I will need a lever.

Just amazing, will order one more to cover all my rifles with it.

The reticle is my biggest problem. Too thin.

B66AEFF1-D95E-49EA-9870-9E63D292D585.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hardpan
So to the folks with the 4-16...

The reticle seems to be super thin, like the 6-24, and isn’t super usable til 10x and up?

For folks with either...

How many mils of elevation have you verified?

Is it centered in its elevation range pretty well (On a zero MOA rail is it pretty well in the middle of the adjustment range?)

I would consider trying one for my Kidd if it would have at least 20 mils of elevation left with a 20MOA base zeroed at 50yrds.

I just zeroed 6-24 on my Tikka, 0 moa cant at 100 yard. Currently I can go up 16.3 mil, and go down 15.3 mil. If you were like mine, 20 moa will get you 20+ mil up. I would do 30 moa cant as there is decent room.

Re-set the turret to zero is not easy, as the turret uses old style screws on the side and there are 4 of them. Make them go in evenly was not fun.

Reactions: Lawless
Does anyone have a pic of the reticle at 10 or maybe 12x?

Has anyone done any hunting with either the 4-16 or the 6-24?

I've got a deer and hog hunt coming up from the 16-18th of Jan.
One of these scopes would be great to try out, but the thin reticle has me concerned.
As of right now, I'm planning on using the 6.5 CM with the Athlon Ares BTR because it also has illumination.

Do you guys that have then in hand think the reticle would be okay in the oak hammocks here in Florida?

Reactions: TACC

One of these scopes would be great to try out, but the thin reticle has me concerned.
As of right now, I'm planning on using the 6.5 CM with the Athlon Ares BTR because it also has illumination.

Do you guys that have then in hand think the reticle would be okay in the oak hammocks here in Florida?

Absolutely.......NOT. Not gonna lie, not gonna work...

Most of the scenarios hunting in Florida that come to mind for me would be perfectly suited with a 200ish dollar 3-9x hunting dedicated scope.

Welp I decided to be risky and went in for one 4-16 with rings. Hopefully it goes well!

Not sure I get what you're trying to say...
I misunderstood the meaning of your sentence. At first I didn't see where you got 20+mil from 20 moa, now I understand you weren't talking about an additional 20 mil, but 20 mils total.

Sorry for the mistake, carry on.

Reactions: cageli and Lawless
Thanks @cageli

That is indeed one thin reticle.

Most scopes do not have enough elevation for LR 22, this one would be marginal. The 4-16 seems to have more per the specs but wow that reticle ?

Arken, make these with a thicker reticle and you may have what could bust the sub $1000 scope scene wide open.

I just zeroed 6-24 on my Tikka, 0 moa cant at 100 yard. Currently I can go up 16.3 mil, and go down 15.3 mil. If you were like mine, 20 moa will get you 20+ mil up. I would do 30 moa cant as there is decent room.

Re-set the turret to zero is not easy, as the turret uses old style screws on the side and there are 4 of them. Make them go in evenly was not fun.

Ok, so my 4-16x50 just showed up. The mag ring is snug, but not overly tight. I could see throwing a lever on it, especially with frozen fingers on a hunt. The El and Win turrets are super tactile. There's no chance of missing a click when setting. I'm a fan of fine reticles, and think this will be alright, but I could definitely go for one just a touch thicker. The reticle is busy, but I don't pay attention to the parts I don't need, so the range thing above the crosshairs don't bug me. The glass is fantastic, especially for a sub $1k scope. I'm happy I went with this over the refurb Viper PST I was going to get (I don't use illum ret). The parallax knob is snug at first turn, but buttery smooth. I can't wait to get this mounted onto my CTR!!

Reactions: txguero
Anyone had a chance to compare the 4x14 model to the 4x16?

Mainly a glass comparison as the 14 has HD glass and the 16 has ED glass.

I like the reticle better (and 30mm tube) in the 4x14x44, for my AR platform, but don't wanna be dissatisfied with the glass If there is a big difference

I got my Arken 4-16 yesterday right before my weekly range trip. First the things that have already been mentioned. My magnification ring was stiff. That said my magnification ring on my Bushnell DMRii is stiffer. I put a universal throw lever I picked up on amazon for $7 on which was a huge help. The parallax was a little stiff too when I took it out of the box but. I spun it back and forth some and it loosened up and was about right. The reticle is thin and might be difficult for people with poor vision on lower magnification. Fortunately for me I’m near sided and don’t really have a problem with the reticle. I do wish I could get the same reticle that comes in the 4-14 though. I use my reticle a lot and hold under some times. With the ranging marks on top that will be a problem. Now onto the great things about the scope. The scope has a really nice solid quality feel and the turrets are fantastic. Very crisp and tactile. The turret size and compact size of the scope is also really nice. The glass is outstanding especially given the price. If someone is comparing this to a $3500 optic it is going to fall short. That said based on what I saw yesterday the glass is better than any scope I own even close to the price. Comparing the glass in this to my Bushnell DMRii to my eye the Arken is the clear winner. The Arken is more crisp and a lot less CA. For whatever reason my eyes are very sensitive to CA. If a scopes glass exhibits CA it really jumps out at me. With the Arken I was not getting any of the CA I would expect with a scope in this price range. One of the scopes with the best glass in the sub 2k range I own is my Tract Toric and the Arken glass is at least equal to that optic. honestly that aspect kind of surprised me. I figured the glass would be good for the price point but it is much better than the price would suggest. Another thing that really surprised me about this scope was the eye box. The eye box is huge and it is very easy to get behind. So far it has tracked great. I took it from 25 yards out to 350 and all the way back in 25 yd increments on a 22lr and it returned to zero several times without a problem. I guess time will tell about the durability. I don’t know how they are managing to produce a scope of this level at this price. I can only think that the profit margin for the company is very low. It will surprise me if the prices stay this low once the brand is more established. All and all I am very pleased with my purchase and plan to buy a few of the 6-24 optics as well.

I will also add that I got a pair of their 34mm Halo rings as well. They seem very solid and well made. They defiantly don’t seem like a $60 set of rings. Hopefully they will start offering different height rings as I could see myself buying more of these if they offer a medium or low profile.

@lowlight does the reticle have .25 mil marks in person like the pics? Between each mil mark there are only 3 marks so it's not .2, .4, .6, .8 as in others but .25, .5, .75. Odd for mils. If so that is something they need to change also with that reticle as well as the upper portion. Other than that it looks good.

Can anyone answer this question?

Mine has .2 hash marks. 4 marks between each major hash mark. The photo of the reticle must be a mistake.

So 4 marks between the center dot and 1st mil and same for the dots in the Christmas tree between mils? Diagram shows three in both those spots but .1 marks between 1 mil and out on the horizintal and lower main crosshair. .1 is pretty fine for those spots. Should be .2.

Arken1.jpg

I'm sorry I just had to post this here. This shit is just fucking comical...

He seems to make videos for far far lower budgeted folks.
He seriously reviews some stupid cheap scopes and compares them against scopes most of us would just throw in the trash.

Dumping thousands into a hobby is so normal on SH, but unthinkable for most fellas. Just like 80% of world population have never flown in airplane as of 2018.

Reactions: txguero
Last edited:
OK...So the turrets track even while being abused and his failure to return to windage zero on shot 5 (did it really track???)

Will someone please put this on a rifle with some recoil and put a few hundred down range? Nothing short of a unbraked 6.5 CM. That or put it on a crap rifle and bounce test it on other than concrete and rocks.

I'm sorry I just had to post this here. This shit is just fucking comical...

On one of his videos he said he was going to treat the scope like a "Detroit Hooker" ha ha damn that shit made me laugh. Maybe he could up his game and treat a scope like a "Jeffrey Epstein/Bill Clinton Hooker"..........LOL

OK...So the turrets track even while being abused and his failure to return to windage zero on shot 5 (did it really track???)

Will someone please put this on a rifle with some recoil and put a few hundred down range? Nothing short of a unbraked 6.5 CM. That or put it on a crap rifle and bounce test it on other than concrete and rocks.

Someone send one to me and I'll put it on a NEF single shot 45-70 that has a 22" barrel.
Or it could be installed on a 16" Thompson Contender that has a brake.

Otherwise, I'm limited to a lightweight 7 mag or 300 Win Mag if you want some recoil.

I ain't skeered, but my shoulder might be. ?

Reactions: Sticks and Lawless
Someone send one to me and I'll put it on a NEF single shot 45-70 that has a 22" barrel.
Or it could be installed on a 16" Thompson Contender that has a brake.

Otherwise, I'm limited to a lightweight 7 mag or 300 Win Mag if you want some recoil.

I ain't skeered, but my shoulder might be. ?

Yep, I have a Ruger #3 in 45-70 with no glass right now.... and a Saeco 540gr mold. Recoil gets brisk about 1600fps.

Joe is a good dude and a funny dude, but torture test? It is still better than the TRex stuff though...

ILya

Oh yeah, a funny dude he is no doubt.. That guy in the background is what got me laughing.. I can just imagine the stories hes told his friends already.. He will probably be nervous about ever returning to the same range again..

Reactions: 10ring'r
Probably due to availability. If your looking for mil/mil, there’s not much in the way of refurb PST 2s, they are mostly moa or moa/mil.

They don't make the Gen II PST in a mixed knob and reticle. Only mil/mil or moa/moa.

On one of his videos he said he was going to treat the scope like a "Detroit Hooker" ha ha damn that shit made me laugh. Maybe he could up his game and treat a scope like a "Jeffrey Epstein/Bill Clinton Hooker"..........LOL

He said something along the same lines in this video.. when he started spinning those turrets real fast, I mean real fast and that guy in the background started staring at him I couldn't stop laughing...

Reactions: TACC and 10ring'r
They don't make the Gen II PST in a mixed knob and reticle. Only mil/mil or moa/moa.
Gotcha. I thought it seemed strange. I’m in the market for a 3-15x and when I checked a&a for refurbs they show models with the Mrad reticle but specs say moa on adjustments. Maybe a misprint? I tried looking up specific model numbers to verify but that got confusing. Maybe I’ll give them a call when they open back up after the Holidays.

I've shot the NEF prone, but that was with a Leupold 1.5-5x.
Let's just say it has plenty of eye relief.

The Contender has a Tasco on it. It's scary.
I have a little 2x that will replace the Tasco if that barrel ever sees the light of day again.

Reactions: JohnK454
I don't understand why anyone would mess with one of these when you can get a refurb PST II for the same money.

All A&A has is MOA PST II in FFP (and he's out of stock currently) no MIL. That and I don't need illuminated reticle, so that feature is just wasted money in my mind. I picked up my EP4 with rings for $610. That's $59 cheaper than the PST II on it's own. I get the dude did some shady marketing on here and FB a while back, but I'm not going to let that stop me from getting in on a sweet deal.

Reactions: Gohring65
I needed a good laugh this AM, and that guy provided it. As far as a scope/tracking test goes, I guess he put a little mileage on those turrets, but windage was a little off, by probably not re-zeroing the windage turret, as was mentioned, but I would think that's kind of a test, per se, not a real accurate one, but it would show any tolerances in the erector assy., I would think, anyways. A REAL tracking test would need to be performed, to prove real accuracy potential of said scope and that's why shooters "in the Know", perform them. Great vid though. Carry on ! Mac:cool:

Reactions: Overkillphil
Such a shame, I'd love to have the finer moa adjustments with a mil reticle.

Lol find a time machine and go back to 1998. You will be happy. There is a reason that no quality optic is made that way anymore. Knobs and reticles should match.

Also the finer adjustment boils down to literally 1" at 1000 yards. Nothing anyone shooting a mil reticle will tell the difference on.