• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My attempt at a mk14 mod 1 build

theduc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2009
NJ
It started as a Springfield Scout. Shot it once then installed the Sage MOD 1 chassis, SADLAK spring guide and gas piston. Early summer received the Larue lt-608 mount and color matched USO SN3 1.8-10 EREK knob mil/mil with windage on the left. Haven't really had a chance to shoot it much so I hope to have a range report as soon as my face heals(was assaulted a month ago). Earlier I did have some accuracy problems but I think I have them sorted. Anyway here she is.
grin.gif

If you notice the add on cheek weld, had some trouble getting a good cheek weld even with the highest magpul adapter so i rigged that up until someone produces a higher adapter.

DSC01898.jpg
DSC01905.jpg
DSC01900.jpg
DSC01903.jpg
DSC01899.jpg

Re: My attempt at a mk14 mod 1 build

I agree...that is just, plain SEXY!!!

You know...its because of pics like this and all of H2O's @#$%^*& threads/pics on the subject that my next semi-auto build may have to be an "updated" M14/M1A!! I HATE YOU GUYS!!!
wink.gif

It was H2O Man's pics that persuaded me into building one. Very satisfying rifle to shoot. I probably would have spent less money and time on an AR10/SR25 type setup and achieved better results but M1A+Sage chassis=sex haha.

and before someone asks, the stock is pinned and I would love a suppressor and vortex but im in a communist state, hence the small mag lol...gotta get out of jersey.

Nothing out dated about that sweet EBR.

Very nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheDuc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If you notice the add on cheek weld, had some trouble getting a good cheek weld even with the highest magpul adapter so i rigged that up until someone produces a higher adapter.
</div></div>

I like how you addressed the 'lower than it should be' cheek riser.

thank you...I waited about 20 weeks for the USO, worth every penny spent and every minute waited. I was amazed at the quality when I opened the box. Those guys are great to deal with too, I went back and forth for the first couple weeks deciding on options before settling on the GAP reticule and the options mentioned above. They were also very knowledgeable about the color match, instead of cerakote they ended up just putting a clear type III anodizing on it, the match is pretty damn close and should be tough as nails.

Made me a USO believer for life, just gotta get some more coin to start my bolt gun build
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont care if its out dated technology thats just plain sexy.</div></div>

EXACTLY...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheDuc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thank you...I waited about 20 weeks for the USO, worth every penny spent and every minute waited. I was amazed at the quality when I opened the box. Those guys are great to deal with too, I went back and forth for the first couple weeks deciding on options before settling on the GAP reticule and the options mentioned above. They were also very knowledgeable about the color match, instead of cerakote they ended up just putting a clear type III anodizing on it, the match is pretty damn close and should be tough as nails.

Made me a USO believer for life, just gotta get some more coin to start my bolt gun build
laugh.gif
</div></div>

USO are great people to deal with..

As soon as my face heals I'll get a range report. Most likely with DAG surplus, XM80 and FGMM 175 SMKs. My hopes aren't too high, basically just looking for "minute of man" out to 800. Will only be able to shoot to 200 for now, and eventually 600 when theres another membership meeting for the one and only long range I have access to.

Looks Nice!!!
Be sure to let us know how it shoots

If it shoots,drives FAST or has hair around it--I'm into it

Don't worry about accuracy untill you have put at least 1 full mag through it. Our experience is that it can take anywhere from 3 to 20 rounds for everything to seat in and start really shooting to it's full potential.

you could get a lower scope mount if you ditched that Larue and went with a Sadlak Airborne Mount. Its the lowest one you can find.

The SAGE stripper clip mount combined with Badger Ordnance EBR rings
is the lowest scope mounting system available for the SAGE EBR.

EBRbuilder,

I have 300 rds down rage with it in its current configuration. After our previous discussions(pm's), some things were a little loose. I tightened everything up nice and snug and am now just waiting for my face to heal enough to get a proper cheek weld. Thank you btw.

I had considered many other scope mounting options and settled on the larue for ease and not needing to worry if the receiver mounting point is out of spec or not. Surprisingly my add on cheek riser is pretty solid and should it fail I have spare magpul risers and can just use the chin weld method haha

I have some of the coolest toys a guy could ask for but I never get tired of my M1A. Nice looking rifle.