• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My best long range 15 shot group

FequalsMA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Schenectady, N.Y.
6mm BR Norma .275 neck
BAT SV RB LP
Jewel HV set at 6oz
Krieger HV rear Chopped
Manners MCS-T
Harris Bipod with podlock
Action chambered by Bob Green, PA

Load testing last Thursday at 600 yards. Only brought 15 rounds so I grouped them where they landed. Berger Target 105 in front of 29.4gr xbr 8208, CCI primer, Lapua 8x fired case.

Late in the day so I was facing the low sun that was washing out my image. I simply held the best I could.

15 shots 2.4 inches!

2j5awlg.jpg

If you want a laugh then here is the pic of me bedding the rifle. As you can see it is my first time thus my worried look!

20zduvl.jpg

Here is a pic of the 600 yard line and my ass

2llfrm0.jpg

Re: My best long range 15 shot group

(DANG)from joe dirt! nice shooting

you have a big ass, sorry just sayin'

Velocity?

I'd like to see a finished picture of the rifle

I'll take some pics of the rifle tonight. I have not shot this load through the CHRONY yet but my previous velocities with 30.2 RL-15 was just over 2900 with my 24 inch tube. I will post the velocity of this xbr load soon.

Good shooting, that will keep you in the money!!! I mean once you move it to the "X" ring!!

Still no picture... I bet the thing still has the painters tape on it

Great shooting! I like the rifle/caliber combo!

Well that sure as hell passes Franks group shot rules! Nice shooting!

Nice looking rig. I'm a customer of Bob Green also. Nice to see his work posted here. He is finishing a 6.5X47 up for me now. Nice shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matthew Lundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some pics of the rifle. Whats Frank's group shot rules?</div></div>

Frank has thrown down the gauntlet as far as groups are concerned. No more 3 shot groups, or single 5 shot groups or targets with groups all over the place. Not only does this streamline the process and make it more uniform across the board, it tests and shows REAL WORLD accuracy.......not hand picked best of the best groups. Here are the official rules. Nice stick and target btw!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1844909#Post1844909

Kelly

I had a Krieger Heavy Varmint #17 laying around but the only way I could fit it in the MCS-T stock was if I cut the first 3 inches of the breach end. Thus making the contour 1.25 for 2 inches instead of 5 inches. So basicly its the middle portion of a Krieger #17.

What kind of scope is that?... .I do not recognize it.

you try that load with n133?

Hi
Nice shooting, but are you sure about the picture from the shooting-range ?
Is that from the 600 yard line ?
To my eyes it seems to be shorter, but maybe I need to exam my eyes
blush.gif

I am not questioning your result, but I am curious if you mixed up your pictures.

John

That picture was taken with the zoom all the way up. Thats why my ass looks so large and the distance so short. I have not yet tried n133 because I'm pretty happy with this current configuration. I actually just returned from a 300 F-class moments ago, and it seems that I may have taken first place.
grin.gif

nice rig, and nice shooting congrats on first in you match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matthew Lundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That picture was taken with the zoom all the way up. Thats why my ass looks so large and the distance so short. </div></div>

I will remember that
grin.gif
, it may be useful someday
wink.gif

Congrats to the first place.

John

Great shooting!!!!

Bob Green does great work, hell of a nice guy to boot.......

Matthew that's really awesome grouping. How do you like your Sightron S-III 10-50x60 can you see bullet holes on a good day? Which brand of scope cap is that on your scope?

Thanks flybuster. The Sightron 10-50x60 has its pros and cons like most products.
you simply can't find another 30mm main tube, 50 power, 1/8 moa turret scope for under 1000. The image is not bad. On overcast days you can see 6mm holes at 300 and under ideal conditions at 600 in white paper. The fine cross hair reticle is a perfect size for target work.
The turrets are not as positive as I had hoped but they do hold POI. The parallax knob is a little fine but not impossible to dial in.
I have to admit however I still prefer a Nightforce BR model for the extra money. I swapped the Sightron for a 12-42 with a ch3 reticle. The difference in magnification is hard to see and the quality of the NF is better.

Matthew, that seems to be the general consensus with these new Sightrons 10-50x60s. Most NF shooters will tell you that they prefer the 12-42, that's why I am a bit hesitant to purchase one for my upcoming build and I've seen a lot of them sold already.

Amazing shooting from a bi-pod none the less. That'd seriously win most BR matches for group, never considered the 105 BT for my Dasher. Hmmm

Thank you for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snakeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi
blush.gif

I am not questioning your result, but I am curious if you mixed up your pictures.

John
</div></div>

Great Shooting!... But I gotta agree with this post. That does NOT look like 600 yards. Zoom or no zoom. Look at the trees behind the burm... and the trees next to it. Especially the white ones. Compare the size with the size of the trees much closer. Not questioning your shooting abilities but I think you must have mixed up the picture with another.

No mix up, Thats the 600 berm. That pic wasn't taken the same day as I shot the 15 round group, but here is a pic from the same day that picture was taken.
2vn2hko.jpg

As you can see the size of the target frames as compared to the size in the pic. And if you zoom where I'm pointing you can see my three sighters just about a half inch. Thats when I knew the rifle had real potential.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snakeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi
blush.gif

John
</div></div>

Great Shooting!... But I gotta agree with this post. That does NOT look like 600 yards. Zoom or no zoom. Look at the trees behind the burm... and the trees next to it. Especially the white ones. Compare the size with the size of the trees much closer. Not questioning your shooting abilities but I think you must have mixed up the picture with another. </div></div>

+1

Looks closer.

I guess I will just have to take another pic without the zoom so all the same geography can be captured. The next grassy berm ahead of the one I'm laying on is actually the 300 line. Any one been to Forbes who can vouch for me?

that looks like 600 yards, good group but not even close to the record group.

Great shooting. Several of the pics I have of myself on the 600yd line dont accurately depict the distance in relation to the firing line. You've got a great rifle and obviously have the skills to employ it effectively.

Here for a comparison picture. This is a completely different shooter and 600 yard range. The targets are the same size as Matthew's:

Image525.jpg

Compared to Matthew's Target:

2llfrm0.jpg

The reason Matthew's target looks much closer is because the 300 and 500 yard berms in front of him draw the eye. + The zoom.

Thanks for the support flybuster. Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I'm going to have to keep chasing that one hole dream and I'll let you fellas know if I get there, or even close.