• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My best White Tail

hornet shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Canyon lake Tx
I got this guy at my ranch in Kinney county Tx. He is my personal best 10 points with 18 inch inside spread he dressed out 130lb. All of that deer management I have been doing is paying off!
sharkathonandtheranch034.jpg

He took a 168gr amax at 2808fps through the blades at 494yd and did'nt make a step. The bullet broke both shoulder blades and was stuck right underneath the skin.
sharkathonandtheranch037.jpg

Couple pics of the rifle used.
bracketthogandsavagepics010.jpg

bracketthogandsavagepics012.jpg

Re: My best White Tail

Very nice and you gotta love it when you start seeing the fruits of your labor.

you let them live a few more years and they get bigger, proof in your efforts. great deer and love the shootin stick!

Nice looking deer. I don't know that I could stay calm enough to shoot something that big.

KT

Nice Deer Hornet Shooter.

Just to be clear, is your rifle a 300 Win Mag? Is the velocity you gave (2808fps) the velocity at 494yards or at the muzzle? The ammo in the side of the stock looks too long to be 308, otherwise that velocity is on par for a 24" barreled 308 rifle...or even a 30-06.

Nice Buck once again.

Oh btw, is this ranch private or can ppl hunt for a fee?