• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing My biggest hog yet and a head shot doe.

DrewinTejas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
McKinney, Tx
Went out this past weekend for a quick hunt. I hunted Sunday evening only. I was going for a doe first to fill the freezer and then a pig if it showed up. Well I got to the box at 3pm and had a few bucks show up and eat in the road for awhile. Well then I had a big doe show up with the bucks. I ranged it at 215yds, I dialed .6 and held .2 wind as it was pretty windy. I went for a head shot and connected as there was a buck standing in front of her. We climbed out of the box and pulled her off the road. Then about 30 mins later a lone big boar came in at the far feeder. I ranged him at 312. Dialed 1.6 and shot him in the neck. He dropped but started the death spin so I put another one in his chest. Ended up being my biggest hog by far. I had a great hunt, filled the freezer, and got a Euro mount of the boar.

Rifle
17" 708
168 berger hunting vld
2525 fps
Rem 700
Manners T6
Templar Suppressor

Nice hog! I just got back in from the Mineola area east of McKinney. Regs won't let us shoot a doe except for a couple of days during Thanksgiving & our hogs have been VERY scarce.....all nocturnal. Threw down some turnip seed....hope to catch them in it in a couple of months.
relentless

Thanks guys. These were the first animals killed with my new hunting rifle. I have to say the bergers work. And there is nothing better than hearing the thump of the bullet at 300 yards with a can on the end of the rifle.

One day I hope to use a can and hear the thump, if LA will get their head out the sand. Good shooting Drew! Congrats on the hunt, and the nice kill stick.

Nice hog, wish one that size would walk out for me. Took a couple doe with 175 bergers a couple years ago, one was missing half its head. They are impressive.

Scotty I have not tried the 180s. I don't see a reason to as the 168s work great. I have used 168, 162amax, and 140 bergers.