• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My DTA SRS .338 came in the mail today

xfordfanx

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2010
Wis. USA
Finally showed up at the FFL today. Cant wait to get some rounds down range.
is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Re: My DTA SRS .338 came in the mail today

Very Nice Piece.. I am gonna watch this thread and see what it ends up doing...

I have a Bullpup design on a bolt action question: Does the placement of the bolt have any negative effects? I mean, I can cycle my 308 without moving my head off the rifle, I can cycle my 30-06 and 300wm without moving my shoulder from the rifle. Seems to me that you would have to dismount the rifle completely to cycle the bolt.

That said, the 338 should have enough vortex-sucking power to suck your enemy combatant into the 4th dimension just by getting close...

Just an observation. Any comments for the uneducated?

They are actually very comfortable to use, and you can cycle the bolt without any difficulties.

they show a video of the bolt being cycled on DTA's website. looks good to me, just ordered mine @ SHOT

congratulation!this color is beautiful!
it's exactly the rifle i wish i could buy this year but maybe in 300 wm ..

Cycling the bolt on a DTA SRS is not a problem at all. I ocassionally tap the right headphone of my ear protection, then again, my head's the size of a state fair pumpkin, so there you have it.

Dang, thats a pretty cool package....range report when you get a chance, please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Bullpup design on a bolt action question: Does the placement of the bolt have any negative effects?</div></div>
Maybe it's just me - but I find SRS bolt cycling <span style="text-decoration: underline">more</span>convenient than on my trusted Rem 700. Faster, shorter movement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mean, I can cycle my 308 without moving my head off the rifle, I can cycle my 30-06 and 300wm without moving my shoulder from the rifle.</div></div>
Likewise here - cycling the bolt while keeping the scope on the target and observing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems to me that you would have to dismount the rifle completely to cycle the bolt.</div></div>
Oh no, not at all.

Now, for me - excessively big ear protectors/muffs do interfere, but:
  1. they interfere with <span style="text-decoration: underline">every</span> rifle I use (including both AICS and Rem 700 stocks), and
  2. they mess up the <span style="text-decoration: underline">cheek weld</span> - not the bolt cycling.
In summary - DTA SRS has been the <span style="text-decoration: underline">most convenient</span> and (consequently?) the most accurate rifle I've had so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In summary - DTA SRS has been the <span style="text-decoration: underline">most convenient</span> and (consequently?) the most accurate rifle I've had so far.</div></div>

Same here - I'm a converted fanboy now.

762 told me that even for left handed people the bolts aren't that hard to cycle. But I'm going to wait until they make left handed version, then I'll hand over my money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got to try one of these and see what all the hype is about.... </div></div>

dont listen to all the hype....once you get one you will understand they are even better
smile.gif

excellent looking rifle. What nightforce is that? A 5.5-22x56?

Hey guys thanks for all the comments. The rifle is UNBELIEVABLY 100% much much more than I ever could have imagined. The bolt is smooth as silk, and the amount of tweaking you can do with trigger is amazing in itself with 1 tool. I have a custom made heavy barreled .308 from vegas gun works, and I have around 6k in the gun. And its a great gun, but it doesn't even fit in the same category of elite weapons that the DTA SRS is in. Knowing what I know now about the DTA, I would of payed a hell of a lot more for it than I did. It is truly an amazing weapon system. The balance and weight are bounds in front of the competition. And that's not even taking into account that you can convert this thing into any caliber you want. Anyone on the fence on this gun, get your ass off the fence and get 1 of these rifles, your other long guns will get real dusty. Oh and palmik, it is a 5.5-22x56 NXS ZeroStop. Really wanted a S&B but maybe next year.

Range Report will be coming end of the week. Just running a box of Core Bonds 300 sierras to break in, then we are going to do some custom reloads.