• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Dumb Question Post, Bose 700 Headphones

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay so I upgraded my old Beats to Bose 700 headphones and this App not only sucks it driving me crazy

Aside from the app constantly dropping the headphones even though the phone is still connected, I can't get it to play my music services

Do I need to install a secondary app like the Soundtouch?

All the examples on the Bose page and their videos include the home kits and soundbars, but nothing really on the headphones which I take it by their examples should be exactly the same. The problem is my App is not much like theirs beyond the My Bose.

So if anyone is using the Bose 700 with the Music App, How do I access the music like my Sirius Account I set up?

There are the only two screens I have access to beyond the settings so where are they hiding the Tune In Stuff

I cannot even open Tune In? Tapping them on the services page only gives me options to change passwords or accounts not access the music?

Do you need to use Alexa / Google / Etc voice services for this to work?

IMG_FF65645042E5-1.jpeg

IMG_E11B9EA30BC0-1.jpeg

A video something that shows the actual set up for this product beyond pairing, the pairing is done, the App just blows and makes these almost unusable to be perfectly Frank ... the App ruins these things.

Have you checked YouTube? Sometimes it's an obscure title that will get you the information. So just checking Bose 700 may not get you the information but it may be under noise cancelling headphones or something stupid.
    You probably already know this but. It's all I got.

Sorry man. I had nothing but issues as well and ditched mine and got the Beats Studio 3. No issues, just plain work and sound great. Probably not what you wanted hear

That is what I was afraid of,

I actually asked my Sweetwater Rep which ones and he was like Bose all day, which is probably because they cost more.

But ya this App is terrible.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Beats Studio and went for the Bose after walking away a bunch of years ago

I figured this might be the case, especially when a couple searches I made included, Why I sent them back

Might have to make the call

Reactions: padom
    Well that sux. Spend that kind of money and then it doesn't work.
    What's your recourse for a financial return?

Return the product like anyone else

They kinda blow because they are so tied to the App

They sound fine, Noise Cancelling is great, but they disconnect from the App a lot, and I cannot access the features of the App so really what is the point if they need the App for the advanced features to work.

Reactions: Bender
    Are you sold on BT noise cancelling phones?

Or would you entertain getting a set of HQ wired phones?

I second "Limedust" on the B&O H9i. Using them right now and they are awesome. No apps and they hook right up every time.

I have the Bose QC35 IIs best damn headphones I have ever had. I use the Bose Connect app to set them up and pair with audio sources such as my iPhone, laptop, and sound bar. Once paired with a device you don't need to run the app mine automatically connect to whichever device I have powered up in range I think you can have them connected up to three devices at one time. I love these things they sounded way better than the Beats IMO.

@lowlight my app screen looks a little different than yours (maybe because I am using the Bose QC35s), at the home screen I have two tabs at the bottom "MY BOSE" and "MUSIC" the "TUNE IN" stuff is after I click on the "MUSIC" tab......
    IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1129.PNG

EBlah

I can’t get the App to look like above
    So it looks like Bose has two different apps the one for my head phones is called "Bose Connect" and the one you are using is called "Bose Music" I don't know if you can get the 700s to work with "Bose Connect", but I couldn't get the QC35s to work with the app you are using..............Maybe a call into Bose is in order........Good Luck!

Okay so I upgraded my old Beats to Bose 700 headphones and this App not only sucks it driving me crazy

Aside from the app constantly dropping the headphones even though the phone is still connected, I can't get it to play my music services

Do I need to install a secondary app like the Soundtouch?

All the examples on the Bose page and their videos include the home kits and soundbars, but nothing really on the headphones which I take it by their examples should be exactly the same. The problem is my App is not much like theirs beyond the My Bose.

So if anyone is using the Bose 700 with the Music App, How do I access the music like my Sirius Account I set up?

There are the only two screens I have access to beyond the settings so where are they hiding the Tune In Stuff

I cannot even open Tune In? Tapping them on the services page only gives me options to change passwords or accounts not access the music?

Do you need to use Alexa / Google / Etc voice services for this to work?

View attachment 7259284
    View attachment 7259285

A video something that shows the actual set up for this product beyond pairing, the pairing is done, the App just blows and makes these almost unusable to be perfectly Frank ... the App ruins these things.
    Stop buying Bluetooth headphones ....problem solved.?????

I posted in the Bose forum,

if I try to use the connect app it pushes to the music app, says the QC35 app is not for my headphones,

connected to my iPad, same shit, just less connection dropping issues

no music link, no tune in, can’t access my Sirius

When. I was in Afghanistan, they sold knock off beats. We called them "eats by Allah"??

I posted in the Bose forum,

if I try to use the connect app it pushes to the music app, says the QC35 app is not for my headphones,

connected to my iPad, same shit, just less connection dropping issues

no music link, no tune in, can’t access my Sirius
    Jesus, Frank just buy a nice set of wired headphones. All the technology BS sucks sometimes......

Reactions: gunman_7
    listen dickhead my shit doesn’t even have headphone jacks anymore you stupid fuck,

if I wanted wires I have four pairs,

you made your opinion known, now buzz off
    Tell me how you truly feel. Oh, buy a platform that has a wired Jack for fucks sakes.....love ya frank

If you have a iphone, you can buy a lightning to 3.5mm adapter for about 10 to 20 bucks.

Got one to use with my Sennheisers. Issue is you cant charge the phone while using them.

The Bose app has a bit of a reputation for being useless and really only being around so they can data slurp your listening habits to sell for extra money.

I had the quiet comfort 35 series which worked just fine without any app needed before I gave them to my sister in law for a Christmas present.

Looks like there's a need for a product review forum here on the Hide.
    You can post a question about the product before purchasing and the Hide community can post their reviews before you purchase.
    Then updates for patches and fixes to the POS that you purchased before knowing it was a POS.
    Automotive
    Electronics
    Home
    Just for some different categories.

well thanks to this post, i just crossed the bose off my list. i am on the cusp of getting me some wireless headphones or ear buds. now i dont have to consider the bose 700’s.

why the fuck they would require it to run through an app.....deal breaker for me right there. sounds like a big pain in the ass that i dont need. if i can’t just link it with my device and play it, then fuck it.

sorry it didnt work out for ya frank, but thanks for posting....you probably just saved me from the same aggravation.

I dont see a model name on my Bose NC headphones but they pair instantly with my phone without an app. Music sounds great.

If you're looking to ditch your Bose, I strongly recommend you take a look at the Sony 1000xm3. I spent a good month demoing all the premium NC headphones from Bose, Bowers & Wilkins, Bang & Olufsen, Jabra, and Sennheiser. IMO nothing comes close to the Sony in regards to NC, audio quality, codec support, and battery life. My only knock against them is their inability to be paired to more than one streaming device simultaneously.

Bose’s apps are pretty shitty. Their hardware is good, but software is lacking. I use the Sennheiser momentum bluetooth(maybe called something else now due to lawsuit) for full wireless and it works great NC and all. No app, easy pair. Another good option (depending) to use wired headphones via bluetooth is the Creative E5. Can handle 600ohm headphones with ease, and leaves the charger port open. However if its for out and about carrying two devices would be cumbersome. I dont have much experience with bluetooth headphones as most of the headphones I have wouldnt work well without a amp. Id zip over to head-fi.org, can find some good recommends from headphone fanatics.

I live in the Apple Universe,

I can just stick with Beats, they are paired with Apple directly

I have a ton of headphones, I use them in different ways when I travel, In-Ear walking around, over-ear on the plane, etc,

If nobody responds in the Bose Forum with a fix I will move on.

I can play and use them without the App, you just don't access all the features. But they work fine without the app. But they raised the price on the 700s over the QCII 35 because of the features and ability to remotely control the experience via the App integration.

It's just annoying you pay an extra $50 premium and the easiest part, the App is totally useless.

Bose responded,

App does not work with Headphones to stream music from their service, only speakers do.

They said I can still use the App, but actually I can't.

So there you have it, avoid the Bose 700 and if you want Bose stick with the QCII 35

I see a return in my future

Reactions: Dewey7271
    Let me see where I go with them,

I spent the night playing around, trying different things phone and Ipad, they work, just not the app,

I have one more test to try, I want to see what happens in Airplane Mode to see if kills the touch gestures, if it does I will mail up to you, if they work in Airplane mode, I will probably keep them

• Love
    Reactions: 1J04
    Let me see where I go with them,

I spent the night playing around, trying different things phone and Ipad, they work, just not the app,

I have one more test to try, I want to see what happens in Airplane Mode to see if kills the touch gestures, if it does I will mail up to you, if they work in Airplane mode, I will probably keep them

Sounds like a plan Brother. I'll keep the dust off these things shoulders................ :LOL:

20190417_022646.jpg

????

whats odd. in your photo's it does't show the bluetooth icon connecting or sending data. my airpods and jaybird taras when connected show the bluetooth icon