• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Father's rights

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    I guess this will be as good a place as any to ask these questions.

Today my Father had his rights taken away from him by a judge/court.

I will start with some history of what has lead to this tragedy.

My Father is in the middle of a divorce from hell. His wife/exwife has taken from him his rights in our corp as president. He hasn't been found to be mentally incompetent in fact today his neurologist declared him competent.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how a court can pass an order to do this without having a hearing to see the evidence.

Now the woman who is divorcing him has his voting interest in the corporation that he built.

As I and my brother are also share holders these actions have an adverse effect on our part in the corp.

What remedy is there to stop this travesty of justice?

We have accumulated a vast amount of evidence of her dissipation of their assets traveling with her boyfriend. Along with her credit card abuse that averaged 100k a year.

She is taking him to the cleaners after stealing everything along the way. He inherited almost 300k in cash from his mother in 06. It was stated in the will reading that this wasn't a marital asset. From that time till now she has stole him blind and looking for more.

She also cancelled his health insurance seven years after he was diagnosed with parkinson's. He has had to rely on medicare/cade for his healthcare as a result. He has had parkinson's for 17 years.

I guess I don't know where else to find help. The hide has given me many answers in the past I guess I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Rthur

That is one of the problems. He is on his third lawyer. This started in august 2010. It seems she can make any claim and the court drops a judgement and we have to provide the proof. She hasn't any proof to these claims.

R

Fuck all the attorney's. Seems like in court, the c#%ts always win. Sounds to me like there should be a serious accident in someone's future.

Best thing I would say is to find out the statute of limitations concerning these crimes, and if they are still within the expiration then call the police up direct, and report the crime.

If she has power of attorney then that is a larger issue.

You need pictures of her and the boyfriend BEFORE they were seperated. Nothing trumps good old mudslinging in these situations.
    I hate it for you, I do. I wish I could be more help.

Maggot, ...................... Thats all I have to say about that if you know what I mean.
    Thanks for the support Arma and chikn.
    And no she doesn't have poa.
    We have an entire album of her and her boyfriend. All over the country traveling together. Hell even one of them in bed.

Thanks for the support guys. This has also cost me a trip to shoot the cup this year. I know that isn't as important as the other issues but shooting a match is always a great distraction.

R

Not a lawyer, but I have seen this situation played out in my family a couple of times... Some of the relatives were on the giving end of this stick, others recieved all of the punishment, but these are the things that worked at the time.

So that I'm clear in my own little mind, you (your dad) have gone in front of a judge at least three seperate occasions with all kinds of evidence and documentation, and you're still being ruled against? Is this in divorce court, are you going at this from the perspective of protecting a business, or are you trying to combine efforts? The best thing to do is split the focus into the personal and business aspects. Get an attorney that specializes in corporate law, have him/her find any and every loophole in the company that can be exploited to get the ex out of the board room (at a minimum).

For the divorce part, get an attorney to specifically handle that aspect. From what I've seen, most guys get a male divorce attorney and females get female attorneys... Try and find a female that will screw over anyone for the right price (but don't pass up the male lawyer that has a 99% success rate to do this); get the best you can afford without having to eat Ramen and PBJ's for the rest of your life (this applies to both lawyers). Don't get the ambulance chasers that advertise on TV or the local billboards. Yes, it's twice the money for two lawyers, but it sounds like you're at the point where you will either lose everything to your dads ex, or you will pay a hefty chunk to some lawyers.

The two leaches... I mean attorneys, will need to coordinate at times, so that will have to be worked out as well.

If you have been ruled against in spite of the evidence, have your other lawyers explained why you lost or did they just cut and run? If they bothered to explain things, what was said and is there a way to appeal the rulings (there should be)? if it's the same judge each time, see if you can somehow get different court to have the case heard.

That's the best I can do for you... Good luck!

That Guy, thanks for the advice. This is what we are currently trying to accomplish. She has drug the corp into a divorce proceedings. The sad part is the judges don't have a clue about where their authority ends from a divorce case. The current judge has seemed prejudiced against us since he became the new authority. This case has been going on since august 2010. My mom has yet to give full disclosure on her assets, credit card statements ect. She was ordered by the court a long time ago. Still nothing!

We have tried to argue that the corp issues are a separate case for along time. As of yet we haven't had any remedy. My uncle is a big wheel in town and I think this has been a problem also.

I'm hoping I can post in here soon that we have put things right and we can all forget about this hellish mess.

I guess I'll add that there is nothing more useless than a woman without a mother bone in her body. My brother likes to say that it is a good thing that we fell out of the nest or we would have been eaten.

R