• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My FedEx experience in 3 pictures

awcmon

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
Ordered a chassis from KRG and was excited to see this:

NxkjPyF.png

Then today, on the day of delivery, I saw this

s8uZ9aY.png

and now this

56Bzfy6.png

Anybody else get fucked by FedEx? I was pretty excited to get my chassis, so pretty annoyed at FedEx at the moment, so just venting I guess.

edit: good god, how do I downscale images? thought this would auto-thumbnail or something

edit: nvm just did it manually

I'm based out of the Los Angeles area.

I had a FedEx package go from New Zealand to Australia to Los Angeles in about two days then to Memphis for customs. Package sat in Memphis for almost 15 days while getting cleared. Then I had to wait for the package to make it's way back to Los Angeles before getting delivered to me. So almost 20 some days with most of it wasting sitting in a warehouse in Memphis.

I know the FedEx HQ is in Memphis, but still, I would think having a West Coast Customs Office and East Coast Customs would be more efficient?

Looks like you deleted the photos. There are none on your post anymore.

Reactions: x_789
No wonder Tom Hanks had to rescue himself from that island in Survivor. With routing like that they would have lost him again.
I'm based out of the Los Angeles area.

I had a FedEx package go from New Zealand to Australia to Los Angeles in about two days then to Memphis for customs. Package sat in Memphis for almost 15 days while getting cleared. Then I had to wait for the package to make it's way back to Los Angeles before getting delivered to me. So almost 20 some days with most of it wasting sitting in a warehouse in Memphis.

I know the FedEx HQ is in Memphis, but still, I would think having a West Coast Customs Office and East Coast Customs would be more efficient?

What's not to love about Fed-X? When I complained about throwing expensive items on the edge of the porch where they're very visible from the street and not even ringing the doorbell. They said they investigated and found it wasn't them, they handed my stuff off to local PO. RIGHT

I sent they the video and never heard from them again........

Added late:
i-C4fh56J-L.jpg

Last edited:
I am constantly receiving and shipping high-end audio equipment from my home. In 20 plus years of reviewing gear, I have yet to have a claim with Fed-Ex. UPS, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

Reactions: davere and craigos
I am constantly receiving and shipping high-end audio equipment from my home. In 20 plus years of reviewing gear, I have yet to have a claim with Fed-Ex. UPS, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

Hey off topic but...do you have a youtube channel or website for your reviews?

I Have had almost the exact opposite experience. Especially if one wants it on time. My personal experience tells me Ged ex ground is the problem child where as fed ex is still mostly ok. I won’t use fed ex ground.

The company I work for uses fed ex and I occasionally have to answer the door. They are really good about putting the packages down in manner you don’t see damage until you get to the last box.

I think this is truly a case of your mileage may vary and who is the primary driver in your area.

Reactions: deersniper
What's not to love about Fed-X? When I complained about throwing expensive items on the edge of the porch where they're very visible from the street and not even ringing the doorbell. They said they investigated and found it wasn't them, they handed my stuff off to local PO. RIGHT

I sent they the video and never heard from them again........

They delivered to your porch, That's lucky!
Fed Ex threw my Rock Chucker, And Charge master in the grass next to mail box. Area 419 Hellfire box on back of mailbox post. This was during a light rain no less.
My mailbox is on a busy road. Complaining would be like pissing in a fan.
At least I found them before someone else did.
1577118963485.png

Meh. It’s people. Our UPS guy is great, that’s why he gets a bottle of wine or some such every year, as does the mailman. Luck of the draw whether you get a good guy or a clown on your route.

Reactions: Infidel01
FedEx's biggest problem is using contractors for home delivery. I'm going round and round with them now about a package from Brownell's. In this area, they're a bunch of fuckwits.

What is the difference between a contractor and a real Fedex person?

The problem for me lately has been isolated to Fed Ex. Don't know if they are contractors, but they suck!
This past week while I was out of town I got a call from my neighbor. Fed Ex dropped a 150# reloading bench in the middle of his driveway. It's shear luck that I've actually wound up in possession of my recent purchases delivered by Fed Ex.

UPS and even USPS has been great. Bring it right to house, give dogs a biscuit and put items on my porch (I'm 1/4 mile back in the woods).

The biggest issue is that the contractors work Tues. through Sat. They "attempted delivery" on Sat. The package was marked out for delivery at 5:55 am and then customer not available at 6:05 am. How they covered 55 miles in 15 min is a mystery.
The Fedex rep I spoke with basically told me it was my fault for not putting a business name on the shipping address.

The "real" FedEx is the one with the purple-and-orange logo. Contractor FedEx is the purple-and-green logo. The "real" FedEx does all the air shipments and some of the ground shipments. FedEx sells routes for certain areas (example: Alaska) and that's when you see the purple-and-green FedEx logo. If you look on those trucks you'll see in small black writing near the front fender or front door "Operated by something something something XYZ Company".

There was a good article I read online about FedEx and it's contractors, but I can't seem to google it. I hate when I can't refind a webpage that I visited before.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 9.22.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 9.22.11 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Had FedEx package show up with tire track across it. No joke

And I still consider them the best delivery company....

I assume it varies by region, but FedEx here is mediocre, FedEx Ground is almost unusable. UPS is good.

USPS is good, used to be great. We had a regular carrier who liked the (good) neighborhood dogs so we could tie ours out in front! That USPS thought it was okay seemed to mean all other delivery people also said "OK" but that ended.

FedEx once delivered something to my garage door. That's nuts here: the driveway is off an entirely different street than my address and front door, is 100 ft long and turns, goes below grade, as my garage is in the basement. That's a lot of walking for somewhere we'd never look. If their claims processes wasn't a shitshow I'd have two free ones because I found it like a week later by the trash cans.

UPS is just as bad. They once delivered an empty box that was supposed to contain an air conditioner conpressor. The compressor had torn it's way out of the box and there as a gaping hole in the side of the box. How some warehouse guy would not have noticed a 40 lb compressor bouncing across the concrete floor is beyond me. I filed a claim, they paid it after some argument, then called me three months later and said they found the compressor and wanted to know if I still wanted it. I have a Yorkie that's smarter than that.
Maybe they don't pay enough to attract the brightest and the best.

FedEx is "decent" here. UPS is top notch. And USPS has been good. Although, they wont make the left turn into my driveway because its "unsafe". So anything that wont fit in the mailbox, I have to go get at the office. Usually the next day.

I made three calls to FedEx's "customer service" number today, and got four different stories as to why they couldn't
deliver my package from Brownell's today. I got one of Bin Laden's sisters every time :rolleyes:
Called Brownell's, package was delivered an hour later.

We have had pretty good results with FedEx over the years, but around this time of year we are seeing some stuff take a day or two longer than it should, or be stuck somewhere for a day or so before it pops out.

It does help that we let the delivery drivers have free bottles of water and snacks from our break room at work.. minimal cost spent to ensure the drivers want to make sure our stuff gets to us nicely.

UPS is beyond stupid - they mis deliver and claim you are wrong. I once had a UPS drive deliver my spuhr mounts to my neighbours i confront the dude, he says i dont know what i am talking about. I tell him to meet me at my neighbours house, he does and low and behold the neighbour comes out and rants how he keeps getting others peoples stuff and hands the UPS drive my mount with my address on it. Dude cops an attitude, curses and drives off - this is UPS - fuck nuts they are.

No idea what happened to the pictures

It was just my delivery not getting here in time, to put it short.

Amusing to hear your guys' stories though!

Luckily all my delivery guys UPS, FedEx, FedEx Ground, are gun guys like me, we're buds! USPS not so much, but they are half-way reliable anyway.

Ordered a rifle a couple of years back. Stayed home for delivery (FEDEX) and watched truck drive right by unit. Then tracking said 'Failed Delivery Attempt'. The driver never got out! I immediately called and they said my unit number was not on the package. I told them I would be picking it up at the facility later in the day.

Drove the 1.25 hours to the facility and they say they'll be right back with the package. 15 minutes later the lady comes back out an rechecks the computer for a third time and says 'It is here, we are just trying to locate it' A few guys walk past and hear me stating my displeasure. 5-10 minutes later one comes out with a big smile on his face. 'It fell underneath the belt, but we found it!'

The rifle was an M40A5 build in a pelican case, in a box with the init number on the front of it... If I wasn't there, I'm sure that rifle was going for a walk that afternoon. If they happen to drop a package that big off of the belt, its a miracle they can ship anything. Hate FEDEX.

UPS and USPS are pretty good around here.

Reactions: shoobe01
Fedex Ground and Home is delivered by contractors, not Fedex employees. Looks the part, but to all those stating it depends on the driver, you are on the money. Losing a rifle sized case is unremarkable, though it’s understandable you’d be pissed. So would I.

Most drivers I knew think people are fools for ordering online at all, given how poorly the system works. Damage, loss, etc, it’s a business model that doesn’t give a fuck about your precious guns and accessories. Or flat screens, bikes or keurig.

One of the worst examples I saw; gun store gets a call from a VW dealer down the road; they’d found a whole line of boxes of guns, ammo and such laying along the road like the rear roll-up door was left open, because that’s exactly what happened. I know this because the shop told me, and I was the replacement driver taking over that route.

My step-son just quit his job at one of the FedEx Ground contractors. Yes, it does depend heavily on the personnel for how your package is treated, but more-so on the contractor companies themselves. Ramping into the Christmas season, his boss was telling the drivers to clock in late (to hide their hours of service violations as CMV drivers, he always refused), work six days a week at 12-17 hours a day, delivering 800+ packages to 300+ addresses each day. They had him driving a vehicle with no heat in Wyoming and refused to take the truck off the road to repair it, other trucks had no operable wipers, bald tires with wires showing through, and a slew of other DOT violations that would get pretty much every truck of theirs parked until fixed if they ever went through a port. All this for $180/day with no benefits. His complaints to his management fell on deaf ears, I urged him to report them to OSHA and WYDOT as well as the corporate hotline, but he washed his hands of the shit and starts a far better job just after the holidays. I can't say I blame him, he's worried they will call his upcoming new boss and talk shit about him and make him lose that job when he's got a wife and two kids at home with a third on the way.

Fuck FedEx as a whole for allowing this shit to continue, I've started to pay extra to avoid FedEx when that's the base option.

Relevant to the conversation: https://www.propublica.org/article/...-over-safety-in-building-its-delivery-network

Long read, but basically along the same line as how FedEx Ground operates in using contractor companies to shield themselves from liability and turn a blind eye to employee abuse, resulting in endangerment of the general public. This is part of the reason I no longer use Amazon for any of my purchases (over a year since my last purchase), right along with them going the way of eBay with more Chinese knockoffs than real products.

Reactions: shoobe01
My step-son just quit his job at one of the FedEx Ground contractors. Yes, it does depend heavily on the personnel for how your package is treated, but more-so on the contractor companies themselves. Ramping into the Christmas season, his boss was telling the drivers to clock in late (to hide their hours of service violations as CMV drivers, he always refused), work six days a week at 12-17 hours a day, delivering 800+ packages to 300+ addresses each day. They had him driving a vehicle with no heat in Wyoming and refused to take the truck off the road to repair it, other trucks had no operable wipers, bald tires with wires showing through, and a slew of other DOT violations that would get pretty much every truck of theirs parked until fixed if they ever went through a port. All this for $180/day with no benefits. His complaints to his management fell on deaf ears, I urged him to report them to OSHA and WYDOT as well as the corporate hotline, but he washed his hands of the shit and starts a far better job just after the holidays. I can't say I blame him, he's worried they will call his upcoming new boss and talk shit about him and make him lose that job when he's got a wife and two kids at home with a third on the way.

Fuck FedEx as a whole for allowing this shit to continue, I've started to pay extra to avoid FedEx when that's the base option.

He should have driven his truck to a port or a highway patrolman and said “hey, check this out” and then walk off with the keys in it and the door open. Lo

He should have driven his truck to a port or a highway patrolman and said “hey, check this out” and then walk off with the keys in it and the door open. Lo
I told him to do just that, he was worried the tickets would have been on him to pay.

I told him to do just that, he was worried the tickets would have been on him to pay.
Not if he told them what’s up. I’ve talked port guys into “threatening” a ticket to get issues fixed by the company. They are usually normal guys but then again, they are the government. Lol, I would at least encourage him to call a HP or port and just tell them what’s up before someone gets hurt. But that’s just me.

Reactions: Redmanss
I just had a package from MK Machining get lost in the handoff between UPS and USPS. UPS claims they handed it off. USPS claims they're still waiting on it. So, that's an even better way to lose, getting fucked by both of them at the same time... (Morgan @ MK Machining was super responsive and got me handled, just so that's clear...)

In my area, USPS is the biggest bunch of twats. Historically, UPS has been worse for me than FedEx, but I've encountered issues with both. We ordered a couple of items from Amazon Prime, and they were set up for Sunday delivery via USPS (which just seems weird, USPS delivering on a Sunday, but...). In both cases, the driver marked them as undeliverable for different reasons, drove them back to the post office, and they were delivered just fine the next day.

In UPS' favor, our driver is the only one of the group that actually rings the bell when he drops something on the porch.

I once ordered some equipment from Rogue Fitness, and it ships via UPS... One of the items was a 45# dumb bell (well, a pair, but they ship separately). The box arrived so battered and torn, you'd have though they were dragging it behind the truck. It was torn in one place, and you could clearly see that it was a dumb bell and that it weighted 45#... So, someone decides to then label it with tape that reads "70 Pounds or heavier" (the tape was unmarked, so appeared to have been applied after all the damage). I thought it was a nice statement on how weak most people are, but... ha ha

Not if he told them what’s up. I’ve talked port guys into “threatening” a ticket to get issues fixed by the company. They are usually normal guys but then again, they are the government. Lol, I would at least encourage him to call a HP or port and just tell them what’s up before someone gets hurt. But that’s just me.
Yeah, I've never had a bad experience in a port, pretty decent guys working there. I told him a self report wouldn't be on him, especially with all the other shit going on as WY HP absolutely LOVES going after crooked DOT regulated management.

I'm going to talk to him again today when he comes over for my prime rib dinner, hopefully he has cooled off about it all. He told them he would stay on beyond his two weeks' notice if they fixed his truck, they didn't, so he walked leaving them hanging hard as he was at the top of their productive employee list with nobody in line to replace him. All they had to do was fix a heater core and buy some snow tires that he had been asking for since October...

Reactions: Bender
Strait up no heater is a forced park it violation. How retarded is this company?

Prime rib? I’m on my way. Lol

Something to think about is that it's all about cost. The big corporate types from the top down want to maximize their own paycheck at any expense.

Hence Amazon demands impossibly low shipping costs as do many others, so the shipping companies find the cheapest bidders who will do anything and cut any corner to meet the bid. Same with places like eBay that practically demand "free shipping" be an option on everything so the sellers have to find who can get that little whatever over to the middle of nowhere for hopefully less than what that little whatever cost.

All that "free shipping" has to come out of somebody's hide somewhere and it usually gets pushed down as low as it can go.

Regular UPS for example can charge almost $15 to deliver a 2 pound package to a residential address, so when you want your $10 item with free shipping..... well something's got to give.

Strait up no heater is a forced park it violation. How retarded is this company?

Prime rib? I’m on my way. Lol
That's exactly what I told him, major part of a pre-trip go/no-go inspection, especially in a Wyoming winter. They're not CDL drivers since the vehicles are under 26k, so the company uses their drivers' ignorance of the regulations as a way to skirt vehicle inspection and HoS rules.

Going in the oven for the slow roast shortly after the over night dry brine, currently warming to room temp. Only a 5 pounder though, have a ham for the kids and finicky daughter-in-law to eat on.

IMG_0040.jpg

I can't say anything bad about UPS or FedEx. I've never had any issues with either one. However, with the USPS, I've had nothing but nightmares. I had a package literally go from my house in Florida to North Carolina more than ten times before it was delivered. WTF!!!!!

UPS is better than FedUp in my area. FedEx can and will destroy an anvil before it gets to me.

On a related topic, WTF is up with Amazon shipping anything and everything that fits in one of those godforsaken bubble envelopes? I have lost count of the number of items that have arrived damaged from Amazon due to piss poor packing. Who is retarded enough to ship delicate electronics, glass items, sharp heavy items, etc. inside a fucking envelope? Yes, I have received these very things inside bubble envelopes from Amazon. I understand it's to save money, but seriously? I would happily pay a little more to get my item in one piece.

This is another love of mine. I'll I'm you.