• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My first 50 rounds

lazy21

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Houston, Tx.
New to the reloading game and I just finished my first 50 rounds of 308
smile.gif
. I don't have much room but I think I made the most out of my 40"x24" corner.

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0825.jpg

Re: My first 50 rounds

Very nice. Welcome to the club. What load did you start with?

looks like you have all the right tools.
do you have a cronograph?

Looking good Lazy !
Bet you can't wait to get to the range to try them out.
Let us know how it went.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. Welcome to the club. What load did you start with?</div></div>

43 grains of varget with a 175 smk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THE SENTINEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like you have all the right tools.
do you have a cronograph?</div></div>

no I don't own one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking good Lazy !
Bet you can't wait to get to the range to try them out.
Let us know how it went.</div></div>

think I'll head out in the a.m.

Thanks guys

Good job, you might also try 5 rounds of 43.5, five rounds of 44, five rounds of 44.5, and five rounds of 45 grains of Varget seated to COAL of 2.810.
Shoot each of them and look for signs of high pressure,,,flat primers, and brass flowing into the ejector port.
I think when you are done you will be in the 44.5 to 45 grn area.
Good Luck,
SScott

Your about to have the sickness...
Quit now before your a full blown addict.

Man how do have nearly 4,000 posts and not reload?

just got back from the range......I swear these are my first 25 rounds, each group has 5 rounds.

DSC_0826.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

Good work. It is awesome learning to reload. ESPECIALLY when your groups look like that. Congrats. What is that rifle you got there?

43.8 in my GAP
43.5 in my FN APR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">43 gr of Varget is my most accurate load for both my .308s </div></div>

Lot's of fun loading and pulling the trigger on your own rounds. You'll get a kick out of loading and trying sub-sonic loads. Check it out....

Thanks guys, sorry for taking so long to get back with ya! Rifle started life as a FN pbr xp, that changed right away. Barrel is a rock #7max hv, cdi bottom metal with aics mags, badger bolt knob, Jewell trigger, McMillan A5 stock. Scope is a US Optics sn3 t-pal 3.2-17 mil/mil

Thats a pretty similar load to what i came up with. Found that in my rifle, 175gr SMKs pushed by 40.0gr of varget was perfect for my better half as its low recoil and an accuracy node in my rifle, and 43.5 was it for me right on the button. using hornady casings as they were left over from superformance stuff i shot up before i reloaded. COAL is 2.81, and just using regular cci large rifle primers.

paulus

That's great shooting especially for your first load you tried.

Cheater...first loads and you've got a Chargemaster! Lol You take all the fun out of a scale and trickler. Better build/buy some shelves for more reloading 'stuff.' Good groups for first reloads!

Great job, great shooting and a sweet rig! Thats what it is all about.

I don't mean to sound like my Dad but the control freak in me wants to tell you to get in the habbit of emptying your powder back into its original container. Sooner or later you will have more powder types and you don't want to forget what you left in the Charge Master. Sorry to be a pain in the ass. Its that OCD shit.

I trimmed,fl sized, and loaded 100 rounds. That was some work