• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first attemp at sponge camo.

This stock came on Remington 700 Police Rifle .308 I acquired, then subsequently put it in a Bell & Carlson Varmit Tactical Stock.

I decided to give this stock a make-over and put a new paint job on the stock. Not sure if I will keep it as a back-up or sell it?

I did a (3) color sponge pattern and finished it off with Duracoat Satin Clear Coat. I Used Duracoat in the barrel channel and the stock is in excellent condition with no modifications as it is inletted for standard BDL Bottom Metal. This stock also has the aluminum bedding block and double palmswells. The stock is difficult to photograph, but it looks very unique in hand.

A few pics of the finished product:

IMG_6414.JPG
IMG_6416.JPG
IMG_6401.JPG

What are ya’ll using as a finish? I shot 4 coats of matte clear 4 years ago and the finish is holding up great. It’s a hunting gun and it’s a little too glossy for my taste. Those of you who aren’t finishing it, how is the paint holding up after a few years?
8FFC2B5B-1752-42A9-919E-090FB9FA9353.jpeg
BE598C62-6DAA-49AF-9108-5878171DB231.jpeg

Just finished this one up yesterday. It’s a range toy, not a hunting gun so I used the matte clear again on this one.

What are ya’ll using as a finish? I shot 4 coats of matte clear 4 years ago and the finish is holding up great. It’s a hunting gun and it’s a little too glossy for my taste. Those of you who aren’t finishing it, how is the paint holding up after a few years?View attachment 7429090View attachment 7429091
Just finished this one up yesterday. It’s a range toy, not a hunting gun so I used the matte clear again on this one.

I ended up using Rustoleum chalk clear ultra flat on mine.

I tried sponge painting on a KRG W3 Gen 5. It turned out good for my liking, but if I did it again, I would do something like Manners Midnight with orange added.

I really like that color combo. I was thinking of something like that on my bravo. I kind of want to replicate the Manners Copperhead scheme. What colors did you use?

Reactions: wpeach1912
I really like that color combo. I was thinking of something like that on my bravo. I kind of want to replicate the Manners Copperhead scheme. What colors did you use?

I just used Krylon’s orange and grey on top of Krylons black

This post inspired me to do it....

I never cared for the slate blue stock on my Kimber Montana. I was hesitant to do anything about it because I didn't wanna loose the texture of the stock. It's like 280 grit sand paper and makes for a great hunting rifle stock.

I'm happy with how it turned out.

I was going to do a multiple color scheme like a lot of the pictures posted but once I got the first layer done I liked it so much that I just stopped there. Not the most "camo" look ever, but I like the way it looks. Started with an FDE Bravo that I got for $200 so painting it wasn't a big deal lol.

DSC_0010.jpg

Just went to the range and the 10yr got some rounds down range... loving the color as well...

6D7460C2-D7FF-4779-B926-2A482E99ABEF.jpeg
33E0ECB5-6ED1-4678-97C6-884685ACABF0.jpeg

Here’s a Ridgeback that identifies as a Manners.

Started out ODG w/ black webbing, sponged on some dark and light gray and left all the black accents. I think it goes awesome with the stainless BA.

36E558DE-F798-47F6-A338-ED207EBCA136.jpeg

i was playing around with Alumahyde on a little bullpup PCP stock using DIY stencils for a Multicam pattern. There's some apots that came out like shit, but the colors are about right for the terrain. Might have to test out a sponge to make it look better lol

DA559D76-5B79-4503-9FAD-DA82B230A4A9.jpeg

I use the spray clear that is for a chalk finish. It’s a very nice finish.

Finally got around to DYI’ing my first sponge camo rifle stock. Thanks for all the advice from this forum.
I tried some aerosol enamel coatings but they weren’t even close too being durable. Scratched them just laying the gun around on the counter. I finished up using some flat clear coat from Big Brain hydrographics that is pretty durable. This was originally a tan stock. I love the new pattern.

D0F33316-E98E-434E-8D6B-827B65A92695.jpeg