• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My first deer with my AW!

digger9523

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
United Kingdom
Went out last night and shot my first deer with my AW! This buck had been damaging trees in a young plantation so the foresters wanted it gone. Had him at 185 yards through some thick cover, had to wait until his chest was clear before i could let the shot go.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Re: My first deer with my AW!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good work man! How tough is it to get a suppressor in the UK? </div></div>

Thanks mate! Suppressors are almost given out over here. They are stupidly counted on your licence as an extra firearm though
confused.gif

But because of health and safety regs and the population densities over here, suppressors are welcomed to minimise disturbance to the wider public.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to go Roe Deer hunting, good sport I bet! Great job! </div></div>

I read a few days ago that Whitetail deer are distantly related to European Roe deer. I'm looking into it a bit more, I'll let you know what i find out. If you're ever across the pond let me know.

If only we were allowed to use suppressors for hunting here. We can't where I hunt for sure. Roe deer is one that is on my bag list. One day....
Happy hunting !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doeboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You forgot the details on your gun/scope/loads
cool.gif
</div></div>

1999 vintage AI AW in 7.62x51 Nato, 24 inch barrel, MAE Suppressor with
(at that time) an old L96A1 S&B 6x42 scope shooting 150gn SST's over 42gns of N140.

Gonna try some 125gn Nosler BT's soon to see what they go like. Got a Swarovski 3-18x50Z6 on her now.
wink.gif