• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision My first Night Vision build

shurt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana
ispZr6d.jpg

6EYXan8.jpg

HXxlfLf.jpg

My NEW Armasight CO-X 2+ HD from Night Combat Solutions (Delta4-3)

Mag Tactical in Newburgh Indiana made the lower with our Evansville Police Department patch logo ... limited edition and it's very light weight.

The upper is a LAR Grizzly 223 OPS-4 side charging handle and its different ..... I like it!

Unique AR's in MaCall ID made the custom hand guards that cut out Evansville Police and added the police patch logo.

The scope is a Valdada 1.5 - 8 x 26 35mm

My IR light is the Luna Optics Extended Range IR laser Illuminator LN-ELIR-3

This was my first night vision purchase. Thanks to Aaron and the rest of those on the Hide for helping make a decision on what to buy with the money I had available. If you are thinking about building an AR with a side charging handle ... do it. The LAR Grizzly with side charging handle is slick, different, and shoots great. Mag Tactical in Newburgh Indiana started making rifles a couple years ago and recently came out with the lightest rifle I've ever seen. I read a lot on Valdada but my scope / glass has worked pretty good for me. My IR laser illuminator might be a bit over kill but damn it works really well with the CO-X in HD. The set up I have works for me.

Thanks
Scott

Badass setup! I bet that side charging handle is great for maintaining cheek position/sight picture.
Side note: Where can a kid get one of those shirts? Does Delta4-3 have a website yet?

The side charging handle upper came from Joe Bob Outfitters. I waited over a year to get one. I bought the Armasight clip on from Delta4-3 and got the tshirt free! SWEET!

Last edited:
It looks like the axis of the scope does not align with the axis of the clip-on, what does it look like through the scope? Have you shot this yet or just set it up?

I haven't fired any shots but when you look through the set up at night, you are able to see all of the scope through the night vision.

It looks like the axis of the scope does not align with the axis of the clip-on, what does it look like through the scope? Have you shot this yet or just set it up?

That is a sweet setup man. Clip on sounds like a great way to go too. My budget really limits me to gen 2 stuff. How does it affect your zero?

I just recently had the chance to try it out and found at 50 yds it didn't change my zero and at 100 yds it wasn't enough for me to worry about (probably more me than anything). The clip on was the best set up for me and the Gen 2+ was the most affordable for the money I had.

I am not Shurt but I have the same unit, if I have ambient(semi urban area) light I can see almost as well as the day scope. When I tested it on the first night I went to a friends house just to check the repeatability of the unit. It was an overcast night and no ambient light, a farmer was kicking up dust in an field near where we were shooting and making life difficult for us. I was able to see and make head shots at the 100 yard target. I was dialed up to about 8x using a MK IV 4.5-14X50, when I dialed down to 4.5 it made little difference. That night, in those conditions I could see a man sized target to about 150 yards. I had a D740 GEN 2 SHP with me and it did better in those conditions. The one hundred yard target was easier to see and I would have been able to see a man out in the field at about 200 yards with the D740. If I would have used the Torch with these it would have extended the range obviously. That night was about the worse conditions I could expect to be in minus fog but the dirt flying through the air was almost as bad. I have been playing with it every chance I can just to see how well works. On a clear moonlit night I would say seeing hogs, yotes or deer at 400-500 yard in a rural setting is doable. In area with buildings that has lights or streets that has lights will extend the range greatly.

All in all this is a a lot of kit for the money, so far I am happy with the purchase...

Last edited: