• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My first Pig hunt European Trophy Done!

SNIPERALEZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
My first pig in Raymond, Ca. 6-27-09.
Thanks for looking, Ed
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Go</span> here <span style="color: #FF0000">for more</span></span>
IMG_8071.JPG

Re: My first Pig hunt

Hey shooter65, it was taken with my Rem 700 .308 Tuned by USMC Quantico, VA armory. Burris XTR312 scope on the AICS stock. Yardage was not determined at the time, too excited, but Mark said he would go back to the spot and laser it for me and send me the info later.
I estimated 375-400 yards, but we'll see!!
Thanks, Ed

well if you dialed for what you estimated...i'd say you were close enough..lol thats about the perfect size IMHO. Not a monster, but mosters taste like crap.

The owner and the butcher both commented that normally the meat will smell when being dressed, and they have dressed a few, this one did not smell at all!! Hope it taste as good as you guys say it does.
And we will be out there again soon, I'll keep you guys posted.
Ed

Good shooting Ed, was wondering what bullet you used? Did the pig run very far or was it a DRT?

Congratulations on the pig. Looks like just the right size for some very good eating. Nice shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308crosshairs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Good shooting Ed, was wondering what bullet you used? Did the pig run very far or was it a DRT? </div></div>

This stuff was in bulk in my ammo dump (NO ID) took it out one day and got sub-moa groups with my Blaser and Rem 700 so I stuck with it. Pics are the best ID I can do and the pig ran 15 ft. and dropped!
Thanks, Ed

IMG_8122.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8124.JPG

Great pictures, we have lots of feral hogs in GA, I want to start hunting them but rarely see them on our Deer lease. I hope that change this year.