• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My First PRS Match

The RRS cinch is a good choice if it fits your bino tube. Make sure to get the metal one. The polymer one breaks.

Have you broken one? I haven’t heard this before, and I’ve been using the poly one for a couple years now.

On fitment, it is a little wide at the base, so if you run your binos close together, you may need to run the arca part at an angle. Not a big deal, but I can’t really use the level on my anvil head as a quick reference since spotting it sits at like 30*.

Reactions: Craig Brown
Have you broken one? I haven’t heard this before, and I’ve been using the poly one for a couple years now.

On fitment, it is a little wide at the base, so if you run your binos close together, you may need to run the arca part at an angle. Not a big deal, but I can’t really use the level on my anvil head as a quick reference since spotting it sits at like 30*.
Yes. Tripod blew over. Cinch snapped where the solid arm connected at the arca foot. I acknowledge it was rougher handling than I would normally subject my gear to…and I guess im happy it was the cinch that broke and not the binos…but still, it surprised me. Sent a pic to RRS. Their response: “yeah, that happens.” So. Get the metal.

Regarding fit, the lens tube of my fury 5000 isn’t really long enough to accommodate the strap. In part because the laser housing takes up space. It works but a longer tube makes the whole thing more secure. Razor HDs work fine.

The RRS cinch is a good choice if it fits your bino tube. Make sure to get the metal one. The polymer one breaks. You can buy an Amazon special macro rail that will mount binos to one end and other stuff to the other. See photo.

Another good choice is this bag. If you are going to use a plate on your tripod anyway.

kestrel comes with a cord. Use that to hang it off your tripod.
Is that your rod for a wind flag on the far end? If so, what did you use?

Phenomenal thread. I'm a new shooter and have never competed before. The humility shown along with all of the positive support from the community makes me feel way more comfortable signing up for my first time. Thanks for the original post and to all those contributing to the thread.

Phenomenal thread. I'm a new shooter and have never competed before. The humility shown along with all of the positive support from the community makes me feel way more comfortable signing up for my first time. Thanks for the original post and to all those contributing to the thread.
Just show up and tell them you are new. They will take care of you.

It was a great first experience. I made it clear to many that I was new and got all the support I can ask for. Can't wait to get back out there!

Thanks for sharing this. I'm signed up for my first PRS rimfire on Feb 3, using a club loaner. Messages with the MD lead me to believe everything I've read here that it's a very welcoming bunch, as I've never had someone offer up so much info through a text message string. Usually you just get "come on out at 8am" and that's it. I'm pumped to try it and determine if my 10/22 will suffice for the short term.

Reactions: RaptorAddict
Thanks for sharing this. I'm signed up for my first PRS rimfire on Feb 3, using a club loaner. Messages with the MD lead me to believe everything I've read here that it's a very welcoming bunch, as I've never had someone offer up so much info through a text message string. Usually you just get "come on out at 8am" and that's it. I'm pumped to try it and determine if my 10/22 will suffice for the short term.
🔮 Vudoo in your future lol.

What rifle are they loaning you?

Reactions: AJMag
I don't know about that... corporate would ship me to the couch. More likely start with B14r and slowly upgrade.

Not sure the specifics of the loaners. Only told that they are nice setups with vudoo or kreiger barrels, include a kestral and dope cards. But yes, I'm aware I'll have a serious bug bite for a custom bolt action. My 1022 is built and shoots awesome but still gets finicky

I'm signed up for my first PRS rimfire on Feb 3, using a club loaner.

CCC is one of the best places to go to a first match, you're lucky to be so close. Awesome range, great people, and as @Kadams1563 suggested, the loaner will be nicer than at least half of all rifles that show up

CCC is one of the best places to go to a first match, you're lucky to be so close. Awesome range, great people, and as @Kadams1563 suggested, the loaner will be nicer than at least half of all rifles that show up
I'll probably do the rimfire match on the 17th i think it is. The feb 3rd is at WCB in Huntsville. Thought about going out to watch the steel match this weekend but probably not going happen.