• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My first rifle

Genius.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2012
West Michigan
I am just entering into the field of long range shooting and bolt guns. As of now I primarily shoot handguns and gas guns.

This summer I decided to step it up to long range and after a lot of talking to my buddie who was a Scout Sniper and picking his brain on what he recommended I went with his suggestion and started looking at FN's. Even though he worked with 700's pretty much exclusively he really liked the FN's.

So after searching I came across Mike (Tac-Cord) and ordered one from him.

At the time I ordered the rifle my buddy was gone, the last time he called I let him know I placed a order with Mike and ordered a rifle. Then we got talking about optics and what he recommended. (I wanted to get this rifle all finished and ready to go so when he got home he was going to spend several days with me to train me) well that conversation was the last one I had with him, about a week or so later he was killed.

I called Mike up and told him no hurrys on my rifle (at the time he was pretty backed up with work) I told him what happened and it would be a while before I would be up to shooting this gun. I told him to put me on the back burner and put other guys ahead of my order.

A few months later I get talking to Mike and I wanted to have something special done to this rifle and picked his brain a little. Someone recommended getting Juniors challenge coins imbedded into the stock. So Mike took that idea and ran with it.

This is the result.
I hope these pics work

Mike did a excellent job

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 9
Very nice tribute for your friend. I'm sure he would be proud. That will always be a special rifle for you. Sorry for our loss, but freedom has never been free. Thanks for sharing your story. Good Luck and my wife and I will say a prayer for your friend.

Genius
A Marine and his rifle...Yes, your friend must be checking it out from up there, with a smile on his face.
Never forgotten; you are a true friend.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

That's a great looking stick!

btw that's a hell of a build for your first bolt gun! A well placed tribute!

I knew your friend, and his team leader, who was also killed in that same incident. Great tribute to a deserving Marine.

Genius,

You are a true friend and have honored a fallen brother in a way that is awe-inspiring! Thank you for sharing this beautiful rifle with us.

Semper