• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes My first S&B

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I picked up my first S&B scope recently and mounted it on my GA Precision 308.

Havent been to the range with it yet, but am impressed initially from checking it out in the back yard. Was not sure what I would think about the P4F, as I had never even seen one. Upon first impression, I really like it. The thickness seems just about right for such a wide range of magnification.

Hope to get it to the range this weekend and really give it a thorough exam. Glad to finally have some glass back on my 308. Been jonesing to shoot it. LOL. Here are a couple pictures.

schmidtbender003.jpg

schmidtbender002.jpg

Re: My first S&B

Awesome scope Hydro, really cool paint job on your stick too!

I wish I could take credit for the paint. One of our members here, Dimensions, is responsible for that. Very talented. I couldnt be happier with the results.

Balls would be taking the same pattern on the stock to the scope...
Nah, just kiddin', good looking stick, you will really like that scope. I've looked through a few (I have the 3-12) and have been very impressed.
Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Balls would be taking the same pattern on the stock to the scope...
Nah, just kiddin', good looking stick, you will really like that scope. I've looked through a few (I have the 3-12) and have been very impressed.
Chad </div></div>

Wow I totally misunderstood your post. I thought you meant instead of skull patterns you wanted balls. Man I must be really tired!

Well the glass looks dam good on that gun.
Let me know how you like it after you take it for a spin at the range.

Thanks,
L.

Hey H556 ,

after the S&B it'll be hard you'll buy any other scope available in the market actually , you got the best money can buy IMHO, enjoy your great setup !

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well the glass looks dam good on that gun.
Let me know how you like it after you take it for a spin at the range.

Thanks,
L. </div></div>

Thanks for getting it out so quick, DM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was that rifle stock done with spraypaint? </div></div>

Duracoat and an airbrush.

Contact Dimensions here on the 'Hide. There are several guys, including George who have had some fine work done by him as well. But I am partial to mine. When I settle on my next rifle, Jeromy (Dimensions) will be doing that stock as well.

The pictures do not do it justice. The work is pure artistry and looks better in person than in pictures. I have had it for around 6 months and a bunch of range trips. I am nowhere near as rough on my gear as a lot of guys here, but it has held up perfectly. Properly applied Duracoat is very durable.