• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first setup! Pic intense!

Re: My first setup! Pic intense!

Great lookin rig you put together. post some targets when you get a chance to hit the firing line. I've seen some of the triangular barrels on the shelf but never had a chance to check one out up close.
My theory is, if it fires, shoot it. A rainy day at the range is better than a clear day at the office anytime.

To Op looking good and hope to see some nice pics.

Now to the funny guy in this thread please stop PMS'in and your day will be good
laugh.gif
I did get a good laugh from all of your posts
smile.gif

Aron-

Great Photography. If your trigger finger works as well on the gun as it does on your shutter button you will have a winner

blush.gif
Thanks guys. I really enjoy photography so it is only natural to combine the two.

My drag bag and Kestrel weather station are due to arrive tonight. Maybe if this weekend is nice I can get it sighted in at 100 yards. My ammo should be here tomorrow.

I'm mailing my membership app into the club with the 400 yard range today. If I am accepted I will become a member in April.

I'll get some more photos, hopefully from the range, soon.

I had the exact same rifle and bipod when I started in LR shooting. I had my reservations about the triangular barrel too, but it helped me understand a lot about what I was trying to do. After being on this site with all the high dollar rigs, I changed everything out and only the action remains. The rifle will get the job done, no doubt, as you do yours. Once my rings come in, I'll get some pics up of my setup. Haha, even my 4yr old boy said, "Dad, that's the gun you used to have!"

Shoot the piss out of it. Don't mind the dickheads.

Weather looks good for tomorrow so I think i'm heading to the range with my dad and uncles to throw some rounds through it.

Nice first setup.....

But use a pool or bikinis in the next set of pics.....laffin
That's my only complaint....

George

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamesbern</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
blush.gif
Thanks guys. I really enjoy photography so it is only natural to combine the two.

My drag bag and Kestrel weather station are due to arrive tonight. Maybe if this weekend is nice I can get it sighted in at 100 yards. My ammo should be here tomorrow.

I'm mailing my membership app into the club with the 400 yard range today. If I am accepted I will become a member in April.

I'll get some more photos, hopefully from the range, soon. </div></div>

Nice rig JB! Forget about the naysayers.....although I don't care for a triangular barrel on my own rifle, that rifle you bought only has to please one person and that is you. Go out and shoot the heck out of it and enjoy yourself. Let us know how well it shoots and definitely post more pictures.

By the way, my other hobby is photography.....I shoot with a Canon EOS 1D Mark IV as well and L-Series glass. Love the Canon system!

Where did you order your Kestrel from? I was ordering one from Amazon the other night at what was a great price ($345 for a 4500 w/bluetooth). Dropped it into my shopping cart and then continued shopping for a couple of additional items. When I went to check out, I noticed the price for the 4500 had jumped to $399!!! Ended up canceling my order! Contacted their customer service.....said they couldn't honor the discounted price.
crazy.gif

My Kestrel was from Amazon as well. Two days beforehand it was $215, then when I went back to check it out it was $198. Had to scoop it up.

I got to shoot the .308 this past weekend. Did OK at 100 yards. Had a 5 shot group that I would estimate was a .850" group dead center. After I zeroed the turrets I went up 10 mills and then back down to zero and my POI was about 1 1/2" low. I don't know if it was me. I was definitely anticipating the recoil with some of the shots.

Definitely fun to shoot. I'm going to head back by myself so I can really take my time and practice more and make sure it is setup properly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because I dont like the triangle barrel? Is everyone on their period in here today? And I seem to be the more educated if that's what your driving at. It's "you're" not "your." You're post doesn't make any sense. Punctuation is your friend.
</div></div>

This guy must be a teacher. Either way, he's still retarded.

Nice rifle, especially if it's your first. I've always wondered how the new Remington barrels shoot, so how about a range report? I think the triangular shape is a variation of fluting - intended to reduce weight while maintaining barrel stiffness.

I understand swage's frustration with spelling and punctuation on this forum, but I make mistakes myself (as he did too).

Great looking rifle.
Terrific photography as well, I recently graduated to an Olympus E-3 myself, terrific prices on used DSLRs all over the place right now.
I greatly enjoyed my time behind that same stock.

ACU1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His build? What exactly did he have built? </div></div>Seriously? this is like the 3rd thread of someone else's that I have seen you pop into just to criticize the use of the word "custom" or 'build"...get over it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is everyone on their period in here today? And I seem to be the more educated if that's what your driving at. It's "you're" not "your." You're post doesn't make any sense. Punctuation is your friend.
</div></div>Seems like you may be the one on your period going around shitting on peoples threads for no reason, go wipe your vagina now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quit being so sensitive. It's a gun for Christ's sakes. </div></div>You do nothing but completely contradict yourself. You come into someones thread..shit all over it. Then you get all cranky (sensitive) when someone calls you out on all the negative shit you have to say, backpedaling and defending yourself.

I really like this site, and have only been a member for a month maybe, lol. People with attitudes and comments like you just make it so....ugh...I don't even know.

Either way, to the OP looks like a great rifle. Good job on your BUILD. The photography is pretty damn nice too.

Swage, shut up, nobody likes you. Since your the fuckin dictionary police will you please define 'rifle build'

Lay off the douche juice.

Sweet rifle man. DIY jobs are always fun. That's a good lookin first stick.

Ignore the haters man. Post count is just a number, if you've been here 5 years and made 3 posts, you opinion counts for just as much as someone with 3000 posts.
Plus, it's a forum, you say talk less and read more. Well, we're reading what everyone says right, so if you stop posting there's nothing new to read.

Also, picking up on grammar is the classic sign that you've lost an argument
wink.gif

Anyhow. onto the rifle.
The setup looks sick, if they made that triangular barrel slightly heavier, it'd be on my list. Also nice photography, really makes the build stand out!

Awesome rifle, and I like the look of the triangle barrel on it. Can't wait to see the range report, but when you do can you do a review on the scope as well. Also how much total elevation adjustment do you get with that scope because the ad for them lists 30 Mils and everyone who I have seen with one says it only has 25 Mils.

You did a great job with that! I like it!

Just wanted to update and let you know I got it out at 100 yards last weekend and was able to get another decent 5 shot grouping out of it. Probably around a .750" or so. Doesn't look much bigger than a group I got with my .223 and that was a .685".

Should be able to get it out up to 400 yards in a few weeks pending my schedule. I saved the target so i'll get a shot of it soon. So far the scope and rifle combo is really nice. I'm enjoying it greatly. I haven't started to use my data book or Kestrel yet. I plan to begin once I hit the new range. So far I have 120 rounds through it. I'm slowly getting more comfortable with the recoil.

Looks good! Shoot the shit out of it!

May you enjoy it in good health. Welcome to the Hide.