• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Gap 7wsm 1400 yards "Video"

Re: My Gap 7wsm 1400 yards "Video"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any good recommendations for software for us none Mac users ??</div></div>

Are you looking for mobile phone or pda applications? If so, Windows mobile? Blackberry? Android? Palm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GeoDW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any good recommendations for software for us none Mac users ??</div></div>

Are you looking for mobile phone or pda applications? If so, Windows mobile? Blackberry? Android? Palm? </div></div>

I think he is looking for editing software other than imovie09 for my camera that I used to shoot the video. Could be wrong! Wouldn't be the first time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to have some place to shoot like that!

Im jealous! </div></div>
you and me both

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GeoDW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any good recommendations for software for us none Mac users ??</div></div>

Are you looking for mobile phone or pda applications? If so, Windows mobile? Blackberry? Android? Palm? </div></div>

I think he is looking for editing software other than imovie09 for my camera that I used to shoot the video. Could be wrong! Wouldn't be the first time.
</div></div>

Ahh...well I can recommend plenty of vid editing for non-mac users. If anyone wants they just need to let me know what they hope to accomplish and I can point them in the right direction.

~DW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GeoDW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any good recommendations for software for us none Mac users ??</div></div>

</div></div>

correct... looking for windows friendly software

Very well done , I realy enjoied the video! That is a very nice rifle, is it 11# w/o the optics , must be. That is some very good shooting.

Think i might need a 7wsm. This is now one of my favorite videos!

I have a sneaking suspicion i know where that spot is.

Good area to shoot though. I still prefer the gigantic rock on exit 77 off I-80

And whoever asked about video software, there are multitudes. Vegas, Premier, Avid, ect.

Wow, great video and awesome shooting. Great bullet trace, very nice all around. Wow!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again guys.

Even with all this open space in Utah, it's still hard to find a good place to shoot. </div></div>

It's getting the same way here. Although part of it is my definition of "good place to shoot". Once upon a time, it was 100 yds. Now I'm looking for 2500 yds. Definitely narrows down the possibilities.
grin.gif
But look at it this way...
we could live in New Jersey or Los Angeles...
eek.gif

John

Awesome vid, I really enjoyed it!

Great video and shooting. Looks like a great spot to shoot. It sure beats the hell out of where I shoot in our local desert . I need a motorcycle or quad to check targets at those distances. Thanks again.

Great video! Nice shooting. I want to shoot at that spot!

Awesome shooting and great video! I just bought a 7mm WSM Win. 70 for a build project. Your video is motivating.

Great video. I really enjoyed the presentation. Showed the video to my wife.

WoW! That's a sick rig/video, definitely one of the top one or two vids I've seen...

Very impressed with the rapid fire groups! Seemed like you were pulling the trigger as the impact report was reaching you! Also impressed with what appears the very low recoil of the 7 WSM! Shot a very similiar setup last spring and that 7 was very 'snappy'! Thanks for posting makes me stoked to shoot my rifle!

Mike

Nice rifle and video an also perfect timing!... been working with the boys trying to teach them how to spot and the trace that is in the video really helped me show them what I was trying to describe.

Gotta like those 7 WSM's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the love guys! Glad you are liking it.

Means a lot coming from the guys on the Hide

Remember every gun shoots different. My gun likes two loads.

My current one is. 65g H-1000 Winchester brass CCI BR-2 Berger 180 vld's +.005 into the lands

The other load is 63g H4831SC both loaded to OAl 2.950

Mag is a 308 accurate-mag OAL of 2.978

Camera is a Panasonic HDC-TM700.....Edited using Imovie09

Location Top Secret.....That is Utah Lake in the background. </div></div>

I have a 7wsm on a lawton action with a 9 twist benchmark barrel. with the 180 bergers i also use 65 grains of h1000 but jump them .005 shoots real good. 2825 mv. what are you getting for velocity?

Very nice video, awesome shooting. 7 WSM is on my list.

Damn good video. My daughter and myself really enjoyed watching and seeing the trace. Hopefully someday I can afford to have something to make that reach. I think it's cool as hell to hear the muzzle blast, watch the target move, then hear the smack of the steel at those distances.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the love guys! Glad you are liking it.

Means a lot coming from the guys on the Hide

Remember every gun shoots different. My gun likes two loads.

My current one is. 65g H-1000 Winchester brass CCI BR-2 Berger 180 vld's +.005 into the lands

The other load is 63g H4831SC both loaded to OAl 2.950

Mag is a 308 accurate-mag OAL of 2.978

Camera is a Panasonic HDC-TM700.....Edited using Imovie09

Location Top Secret.....That is Utah Lake in the background. </div></div>

I have a 7wsm on a lawton aciton with a 9 twist benchmark barrel. with the 180 bergers i also use 65 grains of h1000 but jump them .005 shoots real good. 2825 mv. what are you getting for velocity?</div></div>
Hey, I have seen some of your videos. Nice. I am getting 2950Fps with that load.

I just got some of the Berger Hybrid 180's to give them a try. But ran into a problem....Maybe? To get them to touch the lands I now have an OAL. of 3.035. Well I am limited by my Mag OAL. of 2.975. So I am hopping they are going to like that big of a jump. We will see.

Also got a new lens for my camera, so that hopefully I can get a little clearer picture of that vapor tail that everyone loves:)

very nice video, been considering 7wsm for next built. looking for a 1500+yard gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God for Zero Stops.</div></div>

Yeah, cause I always forget to dial my scope down whenever I am done shooting.

Shoot the Berger 180 hybrids the other day at 1009 yards, with the same dope as the 180 vld's. I need to do some more testing, but they had the same drop as the vld's. Was hopping they would not drop as much with the higher BC. No such luck.

Great video. Very well done, thank you for doing it. I am going shooting tommorow now
smile.gif

You ever try the 180JLK bullets. I have both but havn't had a good chance to dope the bergers and JLK together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great video. Very well done, thank you for doing it. I am going shooting tommorow now
smile.gif

You ever try the 180JLK bullets. I have both but havn't had a good chance to dope the bergers and JLK together. </div></div>

Thanks!!!
No I have never tried the JLK bullets. The Berger's have always worked so good that I never felt the need too try them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say HI to George for me......</div></div>

I will. I may be seeing him tomorrow.

Nice shooting but try Retumbo. I use it for long range F Class out to 1200 yards and am getting close to 3100fps with a 30" lawton and 175gr MatchKingswith CCI250's and 7mm Rem SAUM. You will actualy get more velocity with Retumbo and less pressure with the same charge weight most are finding somewhere areound 68'5gr in a WSM case works a treet but start from your H1000 load and work up from there i think you will be amased by the extra velocity you can get.

I just rechambered the varrel after 1450 rounds it will be good for the same i won a state championships with it just before the rechamber i just wanted to freshen it up before next weeks comp and now it is one holing again it will shoot 1/2" at 300 yards if i can steer it correctly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting but try Retumbo. I use it for long range F Class out to 1200 yards and am getting close to 3100fps with a 30" lawton and 175gr MatchKingswith CCI250's and 7mm Rem SAUM. You will actualy get more velocity with Retumbo and less pressure with the same charge weight most are finding somewhere areound 68'5gr in a WSM case works a treet but start from your H1000 load and work up from there i think you will be amased by the extra velocity you can get.

I just rechambered the varrel after 1450 rounds it will be good for the same i won a state championships with it just before the rechamber i just wanted to freshen it up before next weeks comp and now it is one holing again it will shoot 1/2" at 300 yards if i can steer it correctly.

</div></div>

Hey thanks Bill. I will have too give Retumbo a try. I just don't like doing a lot of load development, and H1000 has been working so good. I use Retumbo in a 7mm Rem Mag, and a 300 Rem Ultra mag that I reload for a friend. Never have tried it in a Wsm.

Went out yesterday with the 7WSM and took it out to 2000 yards. This was my first time over a mile. I have a few clips of us shooting. Have to see if any turned out so you guys can see. We where able to hit the steel 5 times. Its a lot of fun. Really challenging. I will keep you guys posted on that video.

Here is the latest update to my target. Hitting the big was getting kind of easy. So I welded these 12inch plates to the side of the target. A bunch of us went out on Saturday to shot the new guns. That is out 9 shot group from 1008 yards, with two different GAP 7wsm rifles. We where having to much fun that I forgot to film. I will get it on camera next time.

IMG_20110214_150029.jpg