• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Girls wanted to help again.

Brians708

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
Central Texas
My girls (7&12) wanted to help me again. They were seating primers this time on some .223 Lapua Brass.

timl1.jpg

morg2.jpg

morg1.jpg

Re: My Girls wanted to help again.

Quality time! How neat would it be if more parents took the time to introduce their children to reloading/shooting while the kids are young and attentive...if you get them on the right track when they are young, it will be much easier to KEEP them on the right track as they mature.
I have been reloading since 1964. My son and daughter were taught to shoot from age six. They also "helped" (always under my supervision...as I see you are also a "hands on" parent). My 11 year old grandson spends a lot of time with me...reloading, shooting, and hunting. Few things bring as much joy to an old man as "Quality Time" spent with his Grandson!
I would make one suggestion (I know it is none of my business, and I mean no disrespect). Please get some inexpensive shooting glasses for your girls to wear while they are handling primers. When my children were helping me, years ago, neither they nor I wore protective glasses while reloading. In 1984, I had a primer detonate while seating it in a .38 Special case on a single stage press similar to yours. I got some debris in my right eye. Luckily, I was able to wash the particles out of my eye with no permanent damage. Since then, I (and anyone else in the room) wear some type of eye protection when reloading(just like we do when shooting). Those beautiful girls are only issued one pair of beautiful eyes!

Thanks! They were on the bench- used part of the time till the older one got the camera out. My bad

My 7 year old daughter helped me reload last night. Going to let her do some shooting soon so she can see the fruits of her labor.

Back in the 80s & 90s when we were all shooting 3 gun IPSC, I had both our daughters and my wife helping pull the handle on the RockChucker.

Wonderful "together time".

Looking at those pics takes me back to when I was about the same age. My dad used to shoot trap and had a full length resizer/primer decapper that I have put literally tens of thousands of RXP, WW and Fed. hulls thru. It was nothing to load 500rnds in an evening. I would be sitting next to my dad resizing/decapping and he would be loading them as fast as I could decap them.

I had completely forgot about that till I saw the pics of your kids. Thank you for helping me remember.

Here is my little helper. She is so careful and listens to instructions. I hear that changes around puberty, but as for now I will enjoy it. She told me she wants to run the "fast" one aka Hornady Lock and Load. lol

Resizing Brass
resizing308.jpg

Seating bullets
maddie308.jpg

Finished Product
maddiereloading.jpg