• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s My Greatest Respect for a Marine . . .

Killer Spade 13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
Roswell, Ga.
I saw the picture of the Marine holding the umbrella over Obama. Now that, gentlemen, is worthy of the Medal of Honor, because that goes well beyond the realm . . . I am so honored by that young man, but I sit and wonder what he is thinking . . .

Honestly, I thought it were slightly distasteful when I saw the photo. TBO, I would feel the same way no matter who was the president...
Marines are there to protect; not to hold your umbrella. I would expect to see something like that in England for royalty...not in America.
I still have the utmost respect for both Marines who were holding the umbrellas.

I'd buy that boy 3 beers . . .
And I hope to God that some day he'll call me on it.

Let that sorry sack of stuff hold his own umbrella. Besides, he's reading a teleprompter because he doesn't have enough sense to say what he thinks . . . if he even does that.

Last edited:
Honestly, I thought it were slightly distasteful when I saw the photo. TBO, I would feel the same way no matter who was the president...
Marines are there to protect; not to hold your umbrella. I would expect to see something like that in England for royalty...not in America.
I still have the utmost respect for both Marines who were holding the umbrellas.
+1. The marines are there to protect, not be a politicians bitch. The president, and all other elected officials are there to serve the people, not to be served by the people. That said I do have to agree with the OP that I have a great deal of respect for those two marines, but the situation surrounding them makes me sick.

I am so glad that other's feel the same as I do. To me it is a total disgrace to our men and women of armed services.

I am so glad that other's feel the same as I do. To me it is a total disgrace to our men and women of armed services.

To play devil's advocate, how would you feel if it were Ron Regan he was holding the umbrella for? Is this a matter of your dis taste for the current administration, or of the practice in general. Argument could be made that he was "Protecting him from the rain."

If a man truly needs protected from light rain (we are excluding hurricanes, freezing rain, ect.) then they are not fit to be leaders. If it were Reagan I would feel the same, but then again I don't think this country has had a decent president since Monroe.

Am I the only one whom wishes he would fold the umbrella and shove it up his ass?

I Belive that Marine was thinking. " Damn reporters asking the same stupid questioins as yesterday. Frick my shoulder is killing me. How much longer is this shit gonna last. I am gonna kill the next SOB that decides to hold a press conferense outside in the rain......."

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1368760761.562205.jpg I'm loving all of the photos coming in. What a sad day in America when this dumb ass can't even man up for a little rain...

I agree. I have much respect for the Marine...

Last edited:
I want someone who didn't go to Harvard or Yale, these two schools turn out some real pieces of sht one worlders, very over rated schools in my view. As far as Marine, only if they were enlisted or didn't attend the Naval Academy, prefer an Army vet myself as long as they never rose above Major.

I want that Marine for president . . .