• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My journey into this stuff, a range diary with a Tikka

So I shot my first match and I'm 100 percent hooked, I got the hang of it pretty quickly to.

All the stages had 90 second part time so of course I timed out on the first few but got some hits. Half way through the day I realized I should not be shooting it like a bullzeye gun and should just drive it like my 3 gun rifle. See, when I was sighting it in and doing load development I was taking my time and focusing on the fundamentals I keep hearing about on all the podcasts. That's all good and all but I kind of think it's all bull shit when you have no time for any of it lol. You gotta hustle and muscle that bitch, make it happen and fast.

I was also just really nervous the first half of the day. Once I got the nerves under control I really got going and even cleaned a stage.

Kestrel is amazing. I never took this rifle past 200 meters but all I had to do was set up the kestrel and dial what it said and I don't think I had 1 miss on the 700 yard target all day. It was actually perfect on every distance the only misses were my fault. Half way through the day I was actually calling my shots. It clicked really fast, I just hope it stays in my head lol.

The only one complaint I have on the whole day was when I got to the stage when I had to go first they didn't want to give me the 5 minutes like you get in uspsa to figure out what you are going to do. Is that a rule here, like it is there? They read the stage brief and as soon as it was done they said who's Lou, I said me, they said get up here and go right now. Kinda pissed me off because I'm a uspsa ro and I take that shit serious, I don't mess with the shooter on deck I want them to do well. The shooter paid for shooting, not picking up steel and pasting. When it's your turn get your moneys worth.

I absolutely can't wait for the next match!

The had a pro photographer there taking pictures. This is not my tripod it was a stage prop
20210415_195159.jpg

Thanks man I'm probably going to order some soon. Any idea witch ones are better the 155 hybrids or the 155.5 fullbores? I know you run the 155.5s just wondering if you have any experience with the 155 hybrids.
I'm running the fullbores in .308 but the hybrid design is very good also, I have a bunch of 140 Hybrids for 6.5cm and they are amazingly good.

Reactions: louu
I'm running the fullbores in .308 but the hybrid design is very good also, I have a bunch of 140 Hybrids for 6.5cm and they are amazingly good.
Thanks, I just ordered the fullbores.

Reactions: LANCER