• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My kingdom for a chisel-point Sharpie marker

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
sHAd5mH.jpg

Goal of the day? MAYHEM!

I got brought in at 3:40 am or so this morning after the paramedic got me stabilized. The wife says that I complained about a lack of air, and then spasmed once and passed out for a few minutes, eyes rolled back in my head. First responder popo was cool about the presence of weapons and less so about the pile of cash on the stand. Really, it wasn't that much, but he called everybody's eyes to the repositioning of both onto the dresser.

Unfortunately, right then I started the projectile vomiting. Heart rate was <40, BP was around 180/100. The conventional wisdom is vasovagal syncope, although they haven't ruled out an embolism.

And yes, the food sucks.

Damn dude, that's nothing to mess with!!

And the nurses are nothing to mess with either!!!

Good luck and get better!!!!

What the fuck kind of a hospital you in? It takes a very short time to rule out an embolism. Should have that done within an hour of being in the ER.
BP doesnt point to a big PE but only one way to rule it out, Radiation!
Pictures of the nurses or they are
both heifers and you are just delusional from a low HR.
Feel better.

It must have been the stress of last week in hell...or thinking about the coming one.

I was introduced to vasovago syncope by a woman that had two episodes on highway at 65 miles per hour within a week of each other. She survived both but her license was KIA until she had it under control.

Get well soon.

that sucks.. hope all is well...you may have another one when you get the bill. unless obama pays for it than it on me

What the fuck kind of a hospital you in? It takes a very short time to rule out an embolism. Should have that done within an hour of being in the ER.
BP doesnt point to a big PE but only one way to rule it out, Radiation!
Pictures of the nurses or they are
both heifers and you are just delusional from a low HR.
Feel better.

The embolism idea came from the paramedic on the way in. It's looking like vvs to the cardiologist attending. They're doing further draws to watch cardiac enzymes at this point. I've only had one other episode, years back. The local guy wants to go invasive in tbe worst way but I let him know in kind terms that it wasn't happening here. The place where my guys are is outside the zone for the local ALS/BLS on direct emergent, but where I'm at now is in the same system, EMR and all.

Come clean with us, you just needed to figure out how to get out of that job your friend stuck you with.

Remember the staff is there to help. At no time during your drug induced mania should you form a conspiracy theory, rip out all of your IV's, get naked, and try to escape!

Hell i'm sure you're half way there already. Good luck!

Dam VG, be careful, get second opinion before you do anything, my best friend jus died at 48, in perfect shape, non smoker, eat well, not fat, but he had hereditary issue with clogging arteries that he didnt know about until one bad case of indigestion, end result doc operated put in one stent instead of 3 and he died while walking around his neighborhood 2 weeks later. Dont trust just any doctor get second opinion. Prayers you get well enough to have a 3some with the two spinners before wife offs you for it. Get well soon.

Dam VG, be careful, get second opinion before you do anything, my best friend jus died at 48, in perfect shape, non smoker, eat well, not fat, but he had hereditary issue with clogging arteries that he didnt know about until one bad case of indigestion, end result doc operated put in one stent instead of 3 and he died while walking around his neighborhood 2 weeks later. Dont trust just any doctor get second opinion. Prayers you get well enough to have a 3some with the two spinners before wife offs you for it. Get well soon.

I can just feel the love. No, not that love. I can't imagine the wrath of the missus, but dull spoons smeared in the shit of rabid bats and rammed between my ribs come to mind.

Good night, you crazy bastards!

Sorry, bo, no mo bacon, fo u.

Understand Veer.
I would not be ok with any Dr thinking a chance of a PE and not either doing a CT or VQ scan.

VJJ, is that sample in a specimen cup or just in the nurses hand?

I also understand having an opinion on where I would rather take my chances being driven to another hospital in a car than be treated were the medics would have to take me. Had an older friend crawl across a park after falling and had his wife get the car to come to the hospital of his choice with a broken hip. Tough dude.

Again, get well soon, eat bacon and butter at least once a week. Happiness goes a long way towards a long life......

I also understand having an opinion on where I would rather take my chances being driven to another hospital in a car than be treated were the medics would have to take me. Had an older friend crawl across a park after falling and had his wife get the car to come to the hospital of his choice with a broken hip. Tough dude.

I got a short list of local places that I would go to for violent trauma. I hear you.

When you get well and return home I recommend 1 quality cigar a week to celibate good health and treat yourself to a new firearm of your choice. Get well!

Veer_G,

Get well soon mate.
While you're in hospital, ask one of those nurses you mentioned to give you a prostate check.

Pick the one with the longest fingers. LOL

Veer_G,

Get well soon mate.
While you're in hospital, ask one of those nurses you mentioned to give you a prostate check.

Pick the one with the longest fingers. LOL

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=f2ce-zC_n8E[/video]

So V, Ive got a question for ya, yoiu being a linguistic type and all. The Lithuanian composer ' Arvo Part" his last name has two dots over the A in his last name. Would that be pronounced with a looong A like "Pare-t' or with a short a like it looks, 'par-t'. That said, here is my favorite composition by him which hopefully will give you at least a moments quiet .

Speigel im speigel...Mirror in mirror

mirror in the mirror - arvo pärt - YouTube

So V, Ive got a question for ya, yoiu being a linguistic type and all. The Lithuanian composer ' Arvo Part" his last name has two dots over the A in his last name. Would that be pronounced with a looong A like "Pare-t' or with a short a like it looks, 'par-t'. That said, here is my favorite composition by him which hopefully will give you at least a moments quiet .

Speigel im speigel...Mirror in mirror

mirror in the mirror - arvo pärt - YouTube

Well, the two dots in German are called an umlaut, and they change the nature of the vowel above which they're placed. Over a "u," it makes for a deep, elongated sound not unlike the "e" in "mew." I'm sure that Surgeon Predator can further flesh out the explanation. In Spanish, it's a diaresis, and it separates adjacent vowels so that they're pronounced separately, rather than as a dipthong. "Büeno" would be "boo-ay-no," rathey than "bway-no," or "bueno." Not being cunning enough of a linguist to include Baltic linguistics among my repertoire, I could only hazard a guess.

Well, the two dots in German are called an umlaut, and they change the nature of the vowel above which they're placed. Over a "u," it makes for a deep, elongated sound not unlike the "e" in "mew." I'm sure that Surgeon Predator can further flesh out the explanation. In Spanish, it's a diaresis, and it separates adjacent vowels so that they're pronounced separately, rather than as a dipthong. "Büeno" would be "boo-ay-no," rathey than "bway-no," or "bueno." Not being cunning enough of a linguist to include Baltic linguistics among my repertoire, I could only hazard a guess.

Thanks, I gogled it and came up with this, recordings of two Estonians saying his name. sounds like it is somewhere between my two guesses. Hope your feeling better.

How to pronounce in

Goals of safety and mayhem seem conflicting...

Not if you view it as Gunfighter14....to paraphrase..."There is opportunity in confusion....lots of it."

Sunday update:

I got transfered to the CICU on Friday after a flow echocardiogram and a cardiac catheterization. The results showed that my left ventricular pressure was four times the redline for the chamber.

We had an incident with a security guard right after the catheterization. He came right into the recovery area and demanded to know where my "weapon" was. We have an understanding with the hospital that it's okay on my person if I'm in as an outpatient, but if I'm admitted that I can only have it in my possession if the missus is with me. She goes, it goes. Anyway, a complaint had been made by someone who had been in there "on official business" and seen my little HAK on its paracord strap sitting in my lap, my wife next to me. Security called up the cath lab, apparently, and the barrel blank end with name, date, cal, maker, etc. on a piece of paracord had become a fierce weapon in someone's mind. The guy was abusive, and refused to believe that I had nothing even after the recovery nurse who had prepped me told him that I had gone in with what looked like a medallion around my neck, a small turban, kacheras, and a hospital gown. He kept on asking where my "sword" was, over and over, and then refused to own up to having a probably unauthorized pocket knife in his own pocket. He told me pointedly that it was only four inches long, unlike my "sword." I still can't believe it.

Anyway, I've been on IV sodium nitroprusside since Friday night, as well as IV Bumex. The pressure has come down, and I've filled enough "steins" to poison an entire gagging Third Reich. The thought is that it was an event of ventricular tachycardia, and they're going to do an electrophysiological study to see if I need a pacemaker or a defibrillator.

Thank God for health insurance.

Last edited:
I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow. They're going to implant a defibrillator near the left collarbone to prevent arrhythmias from occurring, and to help my heart maintain whatever strength it has left, and perhaps to heal a bit. No more long guns from the left shoulder. It's a small price.

Can you ask about alternative sites to avoid it being in the way?

That's where it goes for greatest device security and access to the subclavian through which the leads are threaded into the heart. I'm not aware of optional sites.

Get well soon Veer and back on your regular diet. The short-term stock drop in Frito-Lay is killing my portfolio.

Just got discharged. Nothing about the Cheetos that I don't ​eat, other than to follow a heart-healthy diet. However, no driving for six months. And I don't mean golf balls. *SIGH*