• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My latest toy-need load info please-.338 Norma Imp.

Boltfluter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Haines, Oregon
Hey guys,

This is the latest addition to the collection. Always wanted a big boomer and now I think I have one. LOL. Any load recipes would be greatly appreciated. Shooting the 300 gn. Berger. Considering H1000 or Retumbo. What say you. LOL.

Regards, Paul

Last edited:
Nice rifle.

I'm shooting 90.5 grains of Retumbo in my standard .338 NM with 300 gr SMK at an COAL of 3.615". IIRC, this gets about 2800 to 2820. 28" Broughton 5C Barrel. I haven't tried my Bergers yet. I know of other reputable shooters who use H1000 with good success too, so it may just come down to availability, and then work up your load. Hope this helps some.

-Conrad

Nice rifle! I'm pushing H1000 in a standard 338NM with 88.7grns, Fed Mag Match primers and 300Berger OTM. 2735fps. I can't tell you what my COAL, as i measure off the ogive anymore. 24" barrel. Hope this give you a starting point for the H1000, you'll do much better with more capacity.

xdeano

Going by experience with the Lapua Imp & the fact that my Norma loves Retumbo, I would say have a go with Retumbo, N570 & RL33, 33 with probably give the best velocity if you can get enough in there.

I think you're going to want to go slower than retumbo. I doubt you'll be able to go near 100% fill with retumbo and a 300 otm.