• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My mama passed tonight

Condolences, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

My mother had a stroke last week but she still with us.

I truly hope see is in a great place.

Most sincere condolences from our family for your loss, you and your family will be in our prayers.
Hope you and your fwmily are holding up well.
Regards,
Kenny

My condolences. I'm not sure what I can say that others haven't already, but prayers forwarded on your behalf.

Sorry man. Lost my Dad last May and it pretty much tore my family apart. Turns out he was the glue. I hope you and yours fair better......

Last edited:
Sorry for your Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loosing a parent is very Tough!!!!!!!!

raw

Funeral was really great. A celebration really. So many folks came and there were so many memories shared. I have a hole that hurts but it is going to be OK.

A quick story:

My mom and dad struggled when we were little. Things were tough and we didn’t have much. School was about to start and I was going into the 4th grade. My sneakers were just worn out and had holes in the sole and sides. My mama had $2, that was it. After buying groceries and such that was every dime we had.

She told me that we had to find some shoes and that if we prayed for help to find them, we would. So we prayed right there in the car, for God to help us find some shoes for under $2. Me as a 9 year old kid reached out to the Lord with everything I had, in complete release and trust. This was in 1978.

We were at a dept. store called Sky City that was sort of like Kmart. We went in and there was a table with discounted items right there as we walked in. We found almost immediately a pair of shoes, in my size, for $1.50.

We almost danced to the checkout. Later on I asked her about it and she told me that many days she didn’t eat lunch at work, so that we had lunch money for school. She told me that it never made her sad, she was glad to make sure we had what we needed.

My dad died in 1990. Mama never had to worry about her grass being cut, or her needs or anything like that. We made sure she was taken care of. I owe her everything. She was hard headed and sometimes made me so angry but all of that seems so silly now.

I love you mama. I miss your smile, your laughter and your wit. But it lives still, it lives in me. Rest now in the arms of Christ. I’ll see you again.

Condolences sir, prayers forwarded for strength during this trying time.

Well shoot. Sorry @Lawless of the reminder and remaining pain.
Try thinking how your momma is looking down on you, in joy and peace in Heaven. Focus on what she gained vs what you lost.

I just buried a good friend a couple weeks ago. One of his favorite lines was “Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change.”

I re-read a couple of your stories of your mother. Thats the kind of mom I have too.
God bless you and yours.

Thinking about the thread you have running over in Maggie's, and how so many of those pics bring joy to those of us that enjoy photography. The least we can do is to pray for you to find some peace on this anniversary.

Absolutely. I pray that the Lord will give you peace and comfort through the difficult days ahead. I lost my parents years ago now, but it still hurts when I think about it. I'm an only child and my mom died last. When she died, I remember thinking that I was an orphan. Is that silly or what? And I was in my 40's... God Bless my friend.

Reactions: Lawless and TACC