• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My Mosin Nagant Project

Re: My Mosin Nagant Project

I think I'll pick one up and tinker. A local pawn shop has them for $134.98

I Broke down and cut my barrle down to 22inches.

MosinNagant001_zpsbd6c949d.jpg

With help from a buddy we recrowned the barrle

MosinNagant003_zps913aef9c.jpg

Better picture

MosinNagant004_zps99c0bc78.jpg

MosinNagant007_zps815b85eb.jpg

Now all you need is a Lowel stock...

rightside_zpsbea07159.jpg

Turn down the cocking peice, bed the stock, put a decent paint job on it, mount your new scope and you'll be in business!

I FINALLY got my mosin back in action, I got the scope back from being repaired and got back to the range, and since me and a freind did all the work ( cut the barrel and recrowned the barrel) I was got it sighted it at 100 and it was shooting 4 inch group with military surplus ammo. and when i took it back out to 300yds i was hitting a 10 inch steel plate every time i pulled the trigger, yes i know i can do better with reloads and i am working on it know but i all of this was done with old russin military ammo so i am REALLY happy with my built. i will post when i get the reloads worked out.

As a handloader, I have come to look on the steel case spam can ammo as inexpensive components of surprisingly decent quality.

Since I also own a collet puller and collets in several calibers, it was easy-peasey to break down some (a hundred) and reassemble them to tighter charge weight standards. I use a weight of 49.0gr of the original powder, as well as 49.0gr of IMR-4064, as a benchmark load that shoots especially well in my unaltered 91/30, and also runs nicely with HDY ".303 caliber" 150gr SP Interlocks.

I have another two 91/30's on order, and am looking at maybe trying my hand at making a homemade stock for one of them.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dieselscout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great thread with some great information. Decided to take the Mosin deer hunting this year for kicks. I had to get a scope on it quick, since I am horrible with irons. May not be the best quality, but I found 5 people running this LER scope. We'll see how it holds up, I go to sight it in tomorrow.

2012-09-18_21-19-33_255.jpg

For those who care I did this on the cheap. NCStar 2-7x32 pistol scope, UTG dovetail to Weaver rail and Burris Zee rings. Total cost was 66 dollars to my door. Gun also has a Timney trigger, so total investment was 266 bucks including the cost of the rifle. </div></div>That is awesome! I never thought about a pistol scope on the rifle. How did you fasten the rings to the rear sight? Did you have to remove the sight?
confused.gif

For the Crown i did something differnet. i took a brass screw and placed it in back words in a drill and just kept running the screw head in the top of the barrel till it looked right. You can go on to Youtube and find a instuctional viedo on it. It might make more sence if you see it. But it is shooting really good so i am guessing it work good and It LOOKS Like a gunsmith did it.