• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s My neighbor doesn't like plastic guns!

JEStone629

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2010
North, GA
I was in the garage tinkering with my wife's Camaro when my neighbors walked up and commented on my "Team GLOCK" banner. This is our conversation...

Him: Do you shoot?

Me: Every chance I get.

Him: Got a Glock?

Me: Yes. I've also got a few Kimbers and Sigs.

Him: Never heard of them. But I've shot a few Glocks and don't really like a plastic gun.

Me: Well, they're not for everyone. What do you shoot?

Him: Hi-Point C-9!

I've had the pleasure of running into more than one of these people before.

Re: My neighbor doesn't like plastic guns!

I had a similar conversation with a coworker

Have a coworker who has one in 45. Funny thing is that it will reliably feed any ammo except Wolf. Now that's irony.

Sad part is that I'm a salesman for a shooting sports wholesaler. Not like we pay retail or anything.

Charlie

I have one. A couple of my friends were talking at school. We were talking about scopes and such.

Me- Yeah, I have a fixed 10x on my 22.

Friend 1- What kind?

Me- Swfa SS

Friend 1- Never heard of that... how much did it cost?

Me- Normally 300, but I got mine used for 200.

Friend 1- Why would you spend that much on a scope? I have a Barska on my 25 wheelin and it works great!

Me-....well then....

Friend 2- Shay, is that Assault rifle you have full auto?

Me- you're stupid.... It's an AR-15, and no, it is not fully automatic. It isn't legal in Michigan.

Friend 2- You should put a silencer on it! Get a burst kit too!

Me- Are you kidding me? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Friend 1- I don't like those AR15 type rifles. I'd rather have a SCAR or ACR.

Me- Have you ever used the AR platform? What are you basing this off of? Why would you want one of those two rifles over an AR15 if you have never fired any of the three mentioned.

Friend 1- They are better on Call of Duty

Me-..............No, just no.......

I then proceeded to walk away.

Ah yes, COD. I was at my sisters boyfriends house one evening while everyone was playing. This one tool was blasting away not hitting a damn thing. I told him he needed to switch to something else because he wasn't doing very well with the M4. As I was leaving, the tool said to one of his buddies, "That guy doesn't know shit! I'm shooting an AR!"

I love it when someone wants to show me their new bad assssss Hi Point. I just giggle and walk away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shay,

It's time to get new friends.

Josh </div></div>
Yes, yes it is. That story is one of the reasons why I don't have too many friends.... I can't handle stupidity...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shay,

It's time to get new friends.

Josh </div></div>
Yes, yes it is. That story is one of the reasons why I don't have too many friends.... I can't handle stupidity... </div></div>

But thats the fun part u can mess with your "stupid" friends and get laughs out of it
smile.gif

so I was walking into a meeting the other day with a group of guys and this doucher comes up to one of them with his iphone sporting a picture of what he described as his..."sniper rifle". I glanced over the dudes shoulder and saw what appeared to have once been a bone stock bushy m4. The dude must have bought every fucking thing nc star makes for an ar. It had lights and a pos scope mounted on top of the carry handle...he says..."you should see the videos, Its got the sniper scope, the sniper bipod, a laser and everything." Holy shit. I am trying to get my hands on the videos. If I can I will post them. They are bound to be classic. snipers always have the coolest stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so I was walking into a meeting the other day with a group of guys and this doucher comes up to one of them with his iphone sporting a picture of what he described as his..."sniper rifle". I glanced over the dudes shoulder and saw what appeared to have once been a bone stock bushy m4. The dude must have bought every fucking thing nc star makes for an ar. It had lights and a pos scope mounted on top of the carry handle...he says..."you should see the videos, Its got the sniper scope, the sniper bipod, a laser and everything." Holy shit. I am trying to get my hands on the videos. If I can I will post them. They are bound to be classic. snipers always have the coolest stuff.

</div></div>

Where I work, I'm fairly young (33) compared to the majority. I'll be in meetings with wannabe hunters not shooters talking to others about making a shot on a crow at 18 miles with 180gr CoreLoks because it was blocking his 19 mile shot on chipmunk, type shit. While every other wannabe hunter is getting groin moist over his story. I of course chime in with, "Wow, what twist is the barrel to stabilize a bullet at that distance?" "What!?! My barrel isn't twisted! Straight as an arrow" he replied.

I had a guy sell me his kimber so he could buy two hi points. Said he didnt wanna carry a nice gun incase he ever needed to use it.

Call of duty strikes again!

This is in response to a facebook status my GF posted:

guntardconvo.jpg

Luckily I've taught her well on how to see through the bullshit. For some reason whenever I'm not around the retards always TRY to "educate" her about firearms.

Re: Call of duty strikes again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luckily I've taught her well on how to see through the bullshit. For some reason whenever I'm not around the retards always TRY to "educate" her about firearms. </div></div>

That's great. My wife works at an office the deals with a lot of walk-in patients. The Dr. that she works for is more than appreciative of her carrying at work. She had a guy walk in one day and was becoming irritated due to his wait time.

Him: Do I need to bring a gun in here to get some service?

Wife: By your statement, I assume you don't presently have a gun on you. But I do! So please refrain from making those statements in the future.

Him: What cha got? A pop gun!

Wife: Actually, I'm carrying my S&W Airweight today. Today's purse is to small to fit my Glock. Even my Kimber for that matter.

She said his eyes got as big as saucers and he walked right out the door. They haven't seen him since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JES629</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luckily I've taught her well on how to see through the bullshit. For some reason whenever I'm not around the retards always TRY to "educate" her about firearms. </div></div>

That's great. My wife works at an office the deals with a lot of walk-in patients. The Dr. that she works for is more than appreciative of her carrying at work. She had a guy walk in one day and was becoming irritated due to his wait time.

Him: Do I need to bring a gun in here to get some service?

Wife: By your statement, I assume you don't presently have a gun on you. But I do! So please refrain from making those statements in the future.

Him: What cha got? A pop gun!

Wife: Actually, I'm carrying my S&W Airweight today. Today's purse is to small to fit my Glock. Even my Kimber for that matter.

She said his eyes got as big as saucers and he walked right out the door. They haven't seen him since. </div></div>

Nice! love hearing stories like that, personally I think there needs to be more

Ive got a friend who thinks he knows everything about guns because he watches the history channel and that douche off of future weapons. The only gun he owns is a 17hmr I sold him. He constantly talks about getting an ACR or a SCAR, and he wont consider an AR of any kind. He has shot my BCM a few times. Everytime I bring up the AR he start talking about the scar and how amazing FN is. He thinks all ARs suck because HK or someone on tv told him they do, he says they are unreliable because you cant bury them in mud or shoot them under water... I just lol.

Reminds me of a guy I know. His fake acog he put on his AR is the best thing ever I just looked through it and handed it back to him and nodded. One other guy I know says his barska works perfect on his. 50 Cal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gixxerrcr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a guy sell me his kimber so he could buy two hi points. Said he didnt wanna carry a nice gun incase he ever needed to use it.</div></div>

Damn! Why can't I meet people like that!?!

I know a guy (same as shay's story) who said his dad was making a 30-06 magnum. They would shoot an 06 load thru a .300 win mag.... Scary stuff right there... It proceeded to blow up while being "tested"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a guy (same as shay's story) who said his dad was making a 30-06 magnum. They would shoot an 06 load thru a .300 win mag.... Scary stuff right there... It proceeded to blow up while being "tested" </div></div>

Survival of the fittest in action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a guy (same as shay's story) who said his dad was making a 30-06 magnum. They would shoot an 06 load thru a .300 win mag.... Scary stuff right there... It proceeded to blow up while being "tested" </div></div>

Survival of the fittest in action. </div></div>

Or Natural Selection misses an opportunity.

The Call of Duty video game effect... same cause for "coriolis effect" now mentioned all over long range shooting clips on youtube and other places.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Call of Duty video game effect... same cause for "coriolis effect" now mentioned all over long range shooting clips on youtube and other places. </div></div>

I know too many people who want to go into the military and be snipers because of that game. Dumbest thing i ever heard, and most of them have never shot a firearm in their life.

On COD adding a sound suppressor on a M4 makes it full auto or burst. Who knew?

It is amazing how many will tell you those highpoints are the greatest pistols ever. I was at the range with my brother and his wife shooting steel at 25 yds. My brother and I were trying to hit the bolts that were holding the hooks to hold up the steel. We were right there but still missing. Then that target just got it by a string of rapid fire. I am thinking his wife is messing with us but why is she by those other guys? I look over and this kid is standing there with a highpoint carbine. He asked if he could go down range and put his metal target up and he would paint our steel. Sure why not. He came back and said that was not such a bag group huh? Not too bad. I replied. This guy then proceeded to shoot at his steel missing about every shot but one time per mag. My brother said she is consistent with his shots hit it with your 10mm. I took a knee and fired a shot almost when he did. That little spinner flipped over hard. I quickly pointed my gun at my target. This guy was cheering about the power of the all mighty 9mm. He came over and was talking all kinds of trash. My brother wife started laughing at him and told him I had shot it. I let him shoot my 10 at my target and he was impressed. “That Highpoint carbine is a great gun, I have heard bad things about the handguns but this is the deal.”

He went back to shooting I mean wasting ammo when I looked and my brother and he said show him how it is done. I have a 9mm conversion for my AR-15 and it is a tack driver well as much as a 9mm can be. So I got my rifle out and put in a sten mag then got in a good kneeling position. His target was one of those with 4 spinners then a top one to reset the target. I hammered my way threw it 5 times as fast as I could, then went to my target and emptied the mag as fast as I could. My group on my target was so much smaller than his was. His friend said to him I told you your carbine is a pile of junk.

On a separate day I was at the range just testing loads for my 300WM and this guy asked what I was shooting so I told him. It is a rem700LH in a McMillan A4, 1:10 three grove Lilja, badger ord bottom metal (did not know about the AICS back then) and a NF 5.5-22 scope. I told him it is my new long range rifle. He then told me how he shot an Elk at something stupid like 1,200 yds. With his 300WM and how he dropped his rifle now he is just resighting it in. We got back to the bench and asked is that the 300WM you used to take that Elk? Hell yes was his reply. That is some good shooting.

The rings, base, and bottom metal on my 300WM probably cost more than his rifle and scope. It was a scope you would expect to see on a hunting rifle. You know the ones that are adjustable but not really. You know the flush mounted adjustment.

How high were you aiming over that elk?

Oh I would think about a yard. He said.

Cool.

His target was amazing. He fired a shot that landed 10 inches right. He walked 10 or 12 shots in to the bull. Then he shot some groups that could be called groups. To us we would call them patterns. Yeah 1,200 yds my butt.

A little advice from a contrary old man (me). Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Had to work with one of those guys before. He was explaining to me how he just got out of jail and got a new gun. He got a revolver this time so the cops couldn't trace the bullets cause they stay in the cylinder. This guy was a winner, was only with us for 2 days though, but made a lasting impression with his vast knowledge of weapons and what I should get and carry. He didn't know I owned a gun or carried one around his crazy ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rascaldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little advice from a contrary old man (me). Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience. </div></div> I hate it when that happens

Brings back the memory of an acquaintance of mine, who I used to share the deer hunting on the same farm with, years ago. He would only shoot his Model '94 Winchester (.30-30) a week or so before gun season. At 25 yds his shots were 6" high and 8" to the right. He started to case his rifle when I asked, " Dave, ain't you gonna sight that thing in?" He snapped back, "Nah, I know where it is hitting... I don't like messin with my scope." I got in my truck and headed home, never again wondering what all the shootin and no killin was about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brings back the memory of an acquaintance of mine, who I used to share the deer hunting on the same farm with, years ago. He would only shoot his Model '94 Winchester (.30-30) a week or so before gun season. At 25 yds his shots were 6" high and 8" to the right. He started to case his rifle when I asked, " Dave, ain't you gonna sight that thing in?" He snapped back, "Nah, I know where it is hitting... I don't like messin with my scope." I got in my truck and headed home, never again wondering what all the shootin and no killin was about.</div></div>

I know ALLOT of guys like that. They are typically the ones who have one guns and have had one box of ammo for x amount of years. They are usually the first ones to tag out though. They have no idea how to sight a gun in, just get it bore sighted then use Kentucky windage.