• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new .223 Build from Cigarcop

rocketron

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2009
Bechtelsville Pa
Built on a Remmy 700 that has been trued, Barltlien HV 1-8 Twist .223 Rem Match Chamber with .252 NK, finished at 22.5". Throated for the 75 Amax, Jewell Trigger, McMillan A5 Pillar bedded, Stiller BM, PTG Bolt Handle and Cerakoted in Graphite Black...I must say Keith did a GREAT JOB!!!! Thanks Keith I'll def have you build another in the future, I'm glad I was your first customer!

IMG_0493-1_zpsaa8a264e.jpg

IMG_0494_zps2be920d6.jpg

IMG_0496_zpsf8ef86ac.jpg

IMG_0495_zps6cea2a71.jpg

Re: My new .223 Build from Cigarcop

That is a very well spec-ed out rifle. I can imagine the carnage it will cause in p-dog towns. Very well done!

What I also like is that you have room left over to lower the scope more. Do you need such a high rail for shooting .223's?

Congrats nice stick.Need some holes

Nice rifle! I am having a very similar build being put together by Robert Snyder. Can't wait to get it. Enjoy your new rifle!

Very nice rifle and Keith is a super guy. All we need is a range report.

That is a great looking rifle. I love the attention to detail.
cool.gif

Regards,
paul

I hope it shoots good for you Ron, keep me posted how it does when you find a good load bud!

Thanks to all.

sorry but <span style="font-weight: bold">we </span> all are going to have to wait for warmer weather for a range report

Looks good, I have always like that stock camp pattern. Let us know how it shoots!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry for the ignorant question but what does .252 NK mean? </div></div>

Usually when the smith puts a neck dimension on a gun it means that it has a tight neck chamber .Here .252 is not tight as the factory 223 that I have in Winchester and LC brass is about.246 in diameter and would have plenty of clearance . In general it allows you to determine whether you will need to neck turn the brass as you want at least a couple thousandths clearance between the chamber and the neck of the brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdmartin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry for the ignorant question but what does .252 NK mean? </div></div>

Usually when the smith puts a neck dimension on a gun it means that it has a tight neck chamber .Here .252 is not tight as the factory 223 that I have in Winchester and LC brass is about.246 in diameter and would have plenty of clearance . In general it allows you to determine whether you will need to neck turn the brass as you want at least a couple thousandths clearance between the chamber and the neck of the brass. </div></div>

you are correct here. but the neck is smaller than sammi spec (i think it's .255) so it got marked.

i'm running lapua brass and a loaded round is .2495/.250 so it is in a sence a tight neck chamber.

Things warmed up today and I was able to get out to the range.
Top target is 5 shots with H4895 and the 75 Grain Amax .005 off the lands and the bottom is the same but .015 off the lands shot at 100 Yrds....looks like it shoots pretty well

IMG_0502_zps4e9343f8.jpg

Dang it Keith! You've been holding out on me! Very nice. I hope to one day build a rifle myself as well. I have all the equipment, just lacking the time and tooling.

CigarCop aka Keith is a super nice dude and apparently builds a pretty slick an very accurate rifle. I couldn't be happier for a nicer guy.

Also, that Stiller BM is killer. I've never seen one until now. Very cool.