• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My new 223Ackley

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I am super excited to finish fireforming and get this bad boy to the range. I did over a 100 rounds of fireforming Saturday and still have around 80 left to do.

Here are the details:
Trued 700 action with KMW bolt knob
Jewell Trigger
22" Douglas XX Premium Fluted Barrel in Rem Varmint Contour (1-8)
McMillan A3 (flame job by Todd Jackson aka 30calsniper, who couldn't have picked a better color to make the flames subtle but noticeable.)
Seekins base and rings
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 NPR1

Gonna run 75gr Amax's and Lapua brass with some Reloader 15.

101_0388.jpg

101_0389.jpg

101_0390.jpg

101_0391.jpg

101_0392.jpg

You have to see it and hold it to fully appreciate how good the flame and stock look against the OD green that the barreled action is painted.

Re: My new 223Ackley

My favorite rifle is a custom 223ai. I also run Lapua brass, 75gr Amax/Re15/Rem 7.5's.

Yours looks great and will shoot even better.

Congrat's!

Keith

All these .223 Ackleys recently are awesome. I've got two on the way - this only makes the anticipation even greater.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All these .223 Ackleys recently are awesome. I've got two on the way - this only makes the anticipation even greater.</div></div>

that is how i felt when everyone else was posting their 223AI's on here.

WOW!!! That turnen out nice! I love the stock bro.

BTW you'll love the 223ai.I've got two now..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!!! That turnen out nice! I love the stock bro.

BTW you'll love the 223ai.I've got two now..</div></div>

Guess I should have mentioned I bought the stock from longrangedogr in one of many super easy transactions with him. Also got the NF from the hide, and used Scott at LibertyOptics for the seekins stuff.

I am already considering building a light weight 223AI for a predator hunting rig. I love it.