• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new custom 1022- KID Trigger is a must!

texbone

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
Katy, Texas
Here is my finished project. The most impressive things on the rifle are the two stage trigger and the clarity of the WOTAC Scope. Obviously the barrel is super nice as well. That being said all of it great. I need to get it broken in, figure out what ammo it likes and then get some groups posted.....

KID Barrel
KID Trigger
KID Cocking Handle
CPC Bolt
Hogue
KID low scope mount
Burris 30mm XTR Low
WOTAC 4x14x50 Scope
Butler Creek Caps

043.jpg

050.jpg

Re: My new custom 1022- KID Trigger is a must!

What info on the scope are you looking for....Extremley Clear and compares Nightforce or other $2000 optic....The turrets are not as positive as a Nightforce but they work. It tracked well. I am going to go to the range in the morning to play with it some more......For $295 you can't beat it....My only complaint is that it ranges at 7.25 approx. and not 14x. I like using the reticle for hold over and wish I could have all the power for this......

looks good. Kid products are very good. let us know how she shoots.

KID will have his receivers on the market soon which I will use on my next build......I will have a range report soon. I shot a few hundred rounds last week with Wolf MT and she is a shooter but I need to shoot for groups. I was playing with the scope and the wind was unforgiving....

Hard to beat the 10/22 for all out fun....

Did not know Kid was making receivers. Good to know.

Nice Build i wish i still had my 10-22 they got banned here they were the best 22 you could get i still miss it.

Wish we could have them back again.

Do you know if they will be threaded?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KID will have his receivers on the market soon which I will use on my next build......I will have a range report soon. I shot a few hundred rounds last week with Wolf MT and she is a shooter but I need to shoot for groups. I was playing with the scope and the wind was unforgiving....

Hard to beat the 10/22 for all out fun.... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did not know Kid was making receivers. Good to know. </div></div>

They are also comming out with their own custom bolt as well.....

Ive shot this rifle and its an accurate rifle,the trigger is awesome!!!

Nice looking 10/22 there Texbone. Need some serious feedback on the WOTAC scope my friend. Have been looking at it for my 10/22 also and may be the 243. Update us when you can. Thanks.

That is the way to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, They will be threaded... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking 10/22 there Texbone. Need some serious feedback on the WOTAC scope my friend. Have been looking at it for my 10/22 also and may be the 243. Update us when you can. Thanks. </div></div>

I will...I was hoping to head to the range this morning but too much work to do....

I love my KID trigger, its fantastic. If he's coming out with a receiver, I might just have to get one of them.

That is one HOT 10/22!

Love the Kid products...on my 10/22, I just have a Kidd bolt and recoil buffer. I'll say both are excellent, and Tony's customer service is just amazing.

Does anyone know if the new recievers are going to be steel or Al?

No sure what material but spoke with Mary on Friday and it will be a few more months before the receivers are available more purchase....

I am looking at getting the trigger. I have the barrel already mounted on a B&C adjustable. It shoots great. My stock trigger was modified by swampfox from RimfireCentral. He did a great job but I am finding I want more from it. I think Im around 1 or 2 pounds yet. I shot an Anny yesterday at our match and his trigger was set to 6oz. I loved it. What is your trigger set for? You will love it. I to am interested in your scope. I have a bushnell Elite 3200 7-21x right now. Im thinking I want a little more power if I can find something reasonable and with target turrets.

Nice build.

Mine is very low too....I tought it was at a pound but it must be lighter than that on the second stage and I will measure it tomorrow.

I have heard great things about Swanp Fox's triggers but have never used one but would imagine he could do morewith it....I would talk with him and see what he says. If you can't get it where you want it I know the Kid Triggers will leave you with a smile on your face....

You want more than 21x... That seems like it would be enough but if you want more then that Falcon has one that will go to 25x on the market soon that will not break the bank....There are a number of other scopes that have more power but not sure about the quality of them....

Until the price of ammo jumped I was a 22 open sight only guy who thought a scope on a 22 was rediculous and why did you need one....Now I love it just as much as I do open sights.

Wish I could offer more on advise....Matt www sightwonders com has good advise scope choices and seems to have alot of experience with many of them....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KID will have his receivers on the market soon which I will use on my next build......I will have a range report soon. I shot a few hundred rounds last week with Wolf MT and she is a shooter but I need to shoot for groups. I was playing with the scope and the wind was unforgiving....

Hard to beat the 10/22 for all out fun.... </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did not know Kid was making receivers. Good to know. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know if they will be threaded? That is the way to go.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, They will be threaded... </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are also comming out with their own custom bolt as well..... </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stringer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is one HOT 10/22!

Love the Kid products...on my 10/22, I just have a Kidd bolt and recoil buffer. I'll say both are excellent, and Tony's customer service is just amazing.

Does anyone know if the new recievers are going to be steel or Al? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No sure what material but spoke with Mary on Friday and it will be a few more months before the receivers are available more purchase.... </div></div>
I spoke to Maripat (Kidd) this afternoon, and according to MariPat:

(1) The Kidd Receiver will only be offered in aluminum - Kidd does not plan to produce their receivers in CM or SS at all (I asked MariPat about this, and unfortunately it looks pet-in-stone for now. I did not debate her on the strength of steel versus aluminum for free-floating barrels as I felt that it would serve no purpose.

(2) The Kidd Receivers will have an integrated rear lug. MariPat said that the rear lug would be where the tang is on most rifles (like on the MOA Receiver). That seems to be the most logical and effective location

(3) The Kidd Receivers will have an integrated flat base (zero cant). I asked MariPat if Kidd was going to offer an integrated canted base, or if the Kidd Receiver would be offered with a standard Ruger top (without the integrated rail but drilled and tapped to accept Ruger or aftermarket Ruger 10/22 bases) and Maripat said "No". I told MariPat that a growing number of 10/22 shooters like to shoot to 200 yards and beyond, and that a canted base option would be a welcome feature or option but she seemed non-receptive to the idea.

(4) Initially, the Kidd Receiver will only be available in a complete rifle - the Receivers will not be sold separately until production ramps-up. These receivers while all have threaded barrels. The projected price of a complete rifle is $1,200.00. Projected timeframe is about 60 days.

(5) After the full rifles are in full production Kidd will also introduce a Kidd Receiver for slip-fit barrels.

(6) Kidd's projected price for the receivers is $650.00. But again, Kidd won't be selling the receivers separately until after the complete rifles have been introduced and are in full production. Once receiver production is ramped-up teh receivers will be a "stock" item for Kidd.

(7) The Kidd Bolt will be a design clone of the Ruger bolt, but will be CNC machined instead of cast. The firing pin will be pinned (like Kidd currently does on their tuned bolts, which are factory Ruger bolts anyway).

Keith

Ok, you guys convinced me. I ordered my Kidd today. Mary was great on the phone answering my questions about using a .17m2 VQ bolt with their trigger. It should be here shortly, my Lilja barrel and Intimidator stock...well thats a different story.

Thanks. I will talk to swampfox and see about adjusting this one. My wife wants a rifle anyway so it would be a good trigger for her if I got the kidd. As for the scope. Yes. I like MEGA power.
smile.gif
at 100 yrds I want to see my X ring like it was almost at the end of the barrel. Why..I dont know but thats how I am. Mill dot is a must as is quality of glass. I may end up buying a 1000 scope just so I know its worth it..but hate to spend that much when there are other things I need.

Thanks again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is very low too....I tought it was at a pound but it must be lighter than that on the second stage and I will measure it tomorrow.

I have heard great things about Swanp Fox's triggers but have never used one but would imagine he could do morewith it....I would talk with him and see what he says. If you can't get it where you want it I know the Kid Triggers will leave you with a smile on your face....

You want more than 21x... That seems like it would be enough but if you want more then that Falcon has one that will go to 25x on the market soon that will not break the bank....There are a number of other scopes that have more power but not sure about the quality of them....

Until the price of ammo jumped I was a 22 open sight only guy who thought a scope on a 22 was rediculous and why did you need one....Now I love it just as much as I do open sights.

Wish I could offer more on advise....Matt www sightwonders com has good advise scope choices and seems to have alot of experience with many of them....

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my finished project. The most impressive things on the rifle are the two stage trigger and the clarity of the WOTAC Scope. Obviously the barrel is super nice as well. That being said all of it great. I need to get it broken in, figure out what ammo it likes and then get some groups posted.....

KID Barrel
KID Trigger
KID Cocking Handle
CPC Bolt
Hogue
KID low scope mount
Burris 30mm XTR Low
WOTAC 4x14x50 Scope
Butler Creek Caps

043.jpg

050.jpg
</div></div>